AAMI Health Insurance
You can choose from five levels of Hospital cover and four levels of Extras cover for singles, couples, single parents and families.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Part of the Suncorp network, AAMI Health Insurance has a policy for everyone. Whether you're looking for something basic or more comprehensive for the whole family, AAMI Health Insurance offers benefits to students and has no loading fees following your 31st birthday.
Compare AAMI Health Insurance options for you
Who is AAMI Health Insurance?
AAMI Health Insurance is designed to help singles, couples, single parents and families with the cost of private treatment. It is issued by nib health funds limited. You can purchase hospital or extras cover individually or combine them for a more comprehensive health care package.
What health insurance options are available?
AAMI's five levels of Hospital cover:
- Basic Hospital Plus. This is for young and healthy families on a budget. It covers the basics including emergency ambulance, accidental injury, joint reconstructions, gynaecology, dental surgery, tonsils, adenoids and grommets, gastrointestinal endoscopy, hernia and appendix, miscarriage and termination of pregnancy, hospital psychiatric services, palliative care and rehabilitation.
- Bronze Hospital Plus. This plan is for healthy young singles and couples not yet planning a family. It includes everything in the Basic Hospital Plus plan and treatment for cancer, strokes, diabetes and ear, nose and throat.
- Silver Everyday Hospital Plus. This is the ideal mid-level cover for older singles and couples as well as completed families. It includes everything in the Bronze Hospital Plus plan as well as heart-related procedures and breast surgery.
- Silver Advantage Hospital Plus. This is for singles and couples not planning on starting a family or who already have completed families. It's perfect for those who want peace of mind that they have a high level of insurance without having to pay extra for pregnancy coverage. It includes everything in Silver Everyday as well as cataracts, joint replacements, dialysis for kidney failure and rehabilitation.
- Gold Hospital. This is comprehensive cover that includes everything in Silver Advantage Hospital Plus plus pregnancy and birth-related services, infertility investigations, assisted reproductive services, weight loss surgery and psychiatric treatment.
AAMI's four levels of Extras cover:
- Starter Extras. This is budget-friendly cover that lets you claim up to 60% back on commonly used healthcare services including chiropractic/osteopathy, physiotherapy, preventative dental, general dental, ambulance, pharmaceutical prescriptions and optical.
- Starter Boost Extras. This lets you claim up to 60% back on a wider range of healthcare services. It includes everything in the Starter Extras plan with higher annual limits plus major dental, natural therapies and remedial massage.
- Everyday Active Extras. This lets you claim up to 60% back on a wider range of healthcare services. It includes everything in the Starter Boost Extras plan with higher annual limits plus orthodontics, podiatry/orthotics, dietary advice, top health aids, psychology, speech pathology (speech therapy), occupational therapy, healthier lifestyle expenses and preventative tests.
- Premium Active Extras. This lets you claim up to 70% back on the cost of an extensive range of services including everything in the Everyday Active Extras plan with higher annual limits plus antenatal and postnatal services, hearing aids/speech processors, eye therapy (orthoptics) and exercise physiology.
Information on tiers
As part of the private health insurance reforms being rolled out from April 1 2019, AAMI now offer Basic, Bronze, Silver and Gold levels of Hospital coverage while their extras coverage is yet to be updated. AAMI offer 5 levels of hospital coverage, including one plus (+) service - the Silver Advantage Hospital Plus - on top of their four standardised policies.
AAMI customers that choose to pay their premiums by direct debit will save 4% on their insurance.
How to make a claim
Making a claim on your AAMI Health Insurance is easy. You can claim at any time simply by filling out an online claim form and uploading a copy of your receipt from your mobile device. You can also call between 8am and 6pm weekdays on 13 22 44.
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: Huge men's sneaker sale, 40% off Ray-Bans sunglasses, 47% off Apple iPhone XS.
Hearing aid insurance
Want hearing aid insurance? Home insurance is the answer.
What are covered events in home insurance?
All home insurance policies have a common list of covered events. These insured events include things like fire, storm and theft.
4.1 million Australians may cut ties with their health insurance provider in 2021
Millions of Australians are shopping around for cheaper health insurance in the new year, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
How much do veneers cost in Australia?
Find out how much veneers cost in Australia and how you can avoid being hit with a big bill.
How much do dentures cost in Australia?
Find out how much dentures cost in Australia and how you can get cover with mid-level health insurance.
Compare $100,000 life insurance policies
$100,000 life insurance policies can be very affordable. Compare costs and cover here.
You might like these...
Ask an Expert