You can choose from five levels of Hospital cover and four levels of Extras cover for singles, couples, single parents and families.
Part of the Suncorp network, AAMI Health Insurance has a policy for everyone. Whether you're looking for something basic or more comprehensive for the whole family, AAMI Health Insurance offers benefits to students and has no loading fees following your 31st birthday.
- Good for Lifetime Health Cover. You won't receive any loading fees if you have Hospital Cover by July 1 following your 31st birthday.
- No new waiting periods on Extras when switching from another fund.
- Simple, 24/7 claiming (just upload a photo of your receipt).
Who is AAMI Health Insurance?
AAMI Health Insurance is designed to help singles, couples, single parents and families with the cost of private treatment. It is issued by nib health funds limited. You can purchase hospital or extras cover individually or combine them for a more comprehensive health care package.
What health insurance options are available?
AAMI's five levels of Hospital cover:
- Basic Hospital Plus. This is for young and healthy families on a budget. It covers the basics including emergency ambulance, accidental injury, joint reconstructions, gynaecology, dental surgery, tonsils, adenoids and grommets, gastrointestinal endoscopy, hernia and appendix, miscarriage and termination of pregnancy, hospital psychiatric services, palliative care and rehabilitation.
- Bronze Hospital Plus. This plan is for healthy young singles and couples not yet planning a family. It includes everything in the Basic Hospital Plus plan and treatment for cancer, strokes, diabetes and ear, nose and throat.
- Silver Everyday Hospital Plus. This is the ideal mid-level cover for older singles and couples as well as completed families. It includes everything in the Bronze Hospital Plus plan as well as heart-related procedures and breast surgery.
- Silver Advantage Hospital Plus. This is for singles and couples not planning on starting a family or who already have completed families. It's perfect for those who want peace of mind that they have a high level of insurance without having to pay extra for pregnancy coverage. It includes everything in Silver Everyday as well as cataracts, joint replacements, dialysis for kidney failure and rehabilitation.
- Gold Hospital. This is comprehensive cover that includes everything in Silver Advantage Hospital Plus plus pregnancy and birth-related services, infertility investigations, assisted reproductive services, weight loss surgery and psychiatric treatment.
AAMI's four levels of Extras cover:
- Starter Extras. This is budget-friendly cover that lets you claim up to 60% back on commonly used healthcare services including chiropractic/osteopathy, physiotherapy, preventative dental, general dental, ambulance, pharmaceutical prescriptions and optical.
- Starter Boost Extras. This lets you claim up to 60% back on a wider range of healthcare services. It includes everything in the Starter Extras plan with higher annual limits plus major dental, natural therapies and remedial massage.
- Everyday Active Extras. This lets you claim up to 60% back on a wider range of healthcare services. It includes everything in the Starter Boost Extras plan with higher annual limits plus orthodontics, podiatry/orthotics, dietary advice, top health aids, psychology, speech pathology (speech therapy), occupational therapy, healthier lifestyle expenses and preventative tests.
- Premium Active Extras. This lets you claim up to 70% back on the cost of an extensive range of services including everything in the Everyday Active Extras plan with higher annual limits plus antenatal and postnatal services, hearing aids/speech processors, eye therapy (orthoptics) and exercise physiology.
Information on tiers
As part of the private health insurance reforms being rolled out from April 1 2019, AAMI now offer Basic, Bronze, Silver and Gold levels of Hospital coverage while their extras coverage is yet to be updated. AAMI offer 5 levels of hospital coverage, including one plus (+) service - the Silver Advantage Hospital Plus - on top of their four standardised policies.
If you pay by direct debit online, you can save 4%.
How to make a claim
Making a claim on your AAMI Health Insurance is easy. You can claim at any time simply by filling out an online claim form and uploading a copy of your receipt from your mobile device. You can also call between 8am and 6.30pm weekdays on 13 22 44.