Designed for those in the Northern Territory, Territory Health Fund provides two hospital policies and four extras options for varying needs.
Territory Health Fund had designed health cover especially for those living in the Top End, offering a choice of healthcare providers and a wide range of extras options for those needing cover flexibility.
Top 3 features
- Good for those living in the Northern Territory.
- Good for a wide range of extras, based on your needs and budget.
- Beware if you're after Basic hospital cover, or Gold hospital cover.
Who is Territory Health Fund?
Territory Health Fund is health insurance designed for people living in the Northern Territory. Formerly the Mount Isa Mines Employees Health Society and now operated by Queensland Country Health Fund, THF has been providing value for money health cover to more than 23,000 families across the Top End for over 40 years.
Unlike many other health funds, they allow you to choose your own health care providers without affecting the benefits paid and they have a strong track record of value for members, having increased benefits and added new ones every year over the last 7 years and kept premium increases below the industry average for the past decade.
What health insurance options are available?
- Better Hospital cover (Silver Plus). THF's most comprehensive hospital cover, good for people who want great peace of mind, covering you for a wide range of inpatient hospital services like pregnancy, heart-related procedures, major eye surgery and joint replacement surgery.
- Vital Hospital cover (Bronze Plus). Great value mid-level cover, ideal if you are young or a healthy person who doesn't want to pay for hospital services you're less likely to need.
- Young Extras. A standalone product that can be bought separately by those wanting basic cover for general dental, optical, physio and a small range of other therapies.
- Select Extras. Ideal for singles, couples and families with young children who only want cover for the most popular services, including general and major dental, optical, physio, chiro and podiatry.
- Essential Extras. Includes benefits for a comprehensive range of services including dental, optical, physio and chiro, covering all the therapies in Premium Extras with lower benefit amounts.
- Premium Extras. Top extras cover providing benefits for a comprehensive range of therapies including dental, optical, physio and chiro, with higher benefit amounts than Essential Extras and generous annual limits.
THF provides nationwide emergency ambulance cover for those covered under one of their hospital products (excluding Queensland and Tasmania).
Information on tiers
In line with the Private Health Insurance Reforms beginning April 1 2019, THF hospital cover is now grouped into the required government tiers (Gold, Silver, Bronze and Basic).
THF offers Better Hospital Silver Plus cover as their highest level of protection, and Vital Hospital Bronze Plus cover as their mid-level hospital policy.
Young people discount
THF has offers a Young Extras policy designed as an entry-level extras cover. It gives cover for a broad range of therapies suited for people under the age of 30 and is tailor made to keep premiums low but benefits high.
Young Extras can be purchased as a stand-alone extras cover or packaged with hospital cover.
THF rewards their customers' loyalty with a number of member offers to sweeten the deal.
- Once you've held cover under either Essential or Premium Extras for a year, THF automatically increase your overall annual claim limits for dental services (excluding orthodontics) and their full range of therapies by $50 per year for five years, and then honour this for the life of your policy.
- Reduce any out-of-pocket expenses by checking if your specialist will participate in our Access Gap Scheme. You can search for doctors who have participated in the scheme on the THF website.
- Receive discounts from Optical Premier Providers including OPSM, Laubman and Pank, Specsavers, Clearly.com.au and certain NT locations of The Optical Superstore.
- The Healthy Living benefit is covered under all policies and will pay up to $150 per person per membership year to assist you with;
- Participate in weight management programs
- Participate in quit smoking programs
- Participate in other approved health management programs including:
- Gym Membership
- Personal Training programs
- Aquatic exercise/rehabilitation including pool entry and exercise classes (excludes swim classes/lessons)
- Have your skin checked for skin cancers through mole mapping
- Consultation fees for Diabetes Educator
- Consultation fees for Metabolic dieticians and nutritionists when providing assistance with weight management
- Bowel Screening tests and Bone Density tests (no doctors referral will be required)
How to make a claim
There are several easy ways to make a claim with THF;
- On-the-spot. If your healthcare provider has a HICAPS or CSC HealthPoint electronic claiming facility, you can just pay the difference on-the-spot.
- Online. Simply log into Online Member Services and follow the instructions to lodge a claim. Just enter the details from your receipts, click the submit button and any benefit entitlement will be paid into your nominated bank account normally within two business days.
- Email. Download and complete the claim form and email a scanned copy along with your receipts and bank account details to email@example.com.