Bankwest Business Rewards
Find out how you can earn points on your business spending and get rewarded with gift cards, travel and more through the Bankwest Business Rewards program.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
This guide gives you an overview of the Bankwest Business Rewards program, including ways to earn and redeem points and the different credit cards linked to this program. We also go through some of the key terms and conditions that can help you decide if this rewards program will suit your business.
How the Bankwest Business Rewards program works
Bankwest Business Rewards is offered to Bankwest Large Rewards Mastercard and Corporate Mastercard account holders (including Corporate accounts with the Executive card option). If you get one of these cards for your business, you'll earn points per $1 spent on most purchases, such as petrol, dining or office supplies. Any employees with additional cards linked to the account will also earn points for their eligible spending, and you can choose whether the points are pooled or earned separately by assigning "points delegates".
Transactions that don't earn points include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, credit card fees and charges, purchasing travellers cheques, gambling purchases, government charges and BPAY payments.
What credit cards offer Bankwest Business Rewards?
The Bankwest Business Rewards program is available through the Bankwest Large Rewards Mastercard and Corporate Mastercard accounts.
|Bankwest Business Large Rewards Mastercard|
|Bankwest Corporate Mastercard|
What rewards can I redeem from the Bankwest Business Rewards program?
Once you have earned enough points, you can choose from over 2,500 rewards in the Bankwest Business Rewards online store. Some options include:
- Travel reward vouchers
- Other reward vouchers
- Merchandise rewards
- Cashback into a Bankwest credit card account
How to redeem points
You can redeem your Bankwest Business Rewards points for rewards through the Bankwest Business Rewards online store or by calling 13 7000. You’ll need to log into your account to see the full list of Bankwest Business Rewards redemption options.
If you’re claiming merchandise rewards, you need to enter a postal address so the goods can be delivered during business hours. If you don’t have enough points to redeem your reward, Bankwest allows you to use a combination of points and cash.
How to compare Bankwest Business Rewards credit cards
The following considerations can help you compare Bankwest Business Rewards credit cards.
- Annual fee. All the cards discussed here attract an annual fee. Think about how much your business is likely to spend when weighing up the cost of the card against the value of the rewards.
- Additional cards. These give you the option of adding employees as additional cardholders. With a Bankwest Business Large Rewards Mastercard, you can add three cardholders at no extra charge, while the Corporate card offers an unlimited number of additional cardholders.
- Opting in. With a Bankwest Corporate card account, you need to opt in to Bankwest Business Rewards. You will pay a rewards program fee of $39 per Corporate card and $69 per Executive card linked to the account if you choose to earn rewards.
- Waiting period. Bankwest requires you to have a business rewards credit card for 60 days before you can redeem any Bankwest Business Rewards points.
- Points expire. Any unused Bankwest Business Rewards points expire at the end of the 24th month after they were credited to your account.
- Smart statements. All three cards provide a breakdown of transaction and rewards information for every cardholder linked to the account. Corporate Mastercards also give you online access to Mastercard Smart Data for Business which provides access to transaction data, custom reports and account alert options for the last 36 months.
The Bankwest Business Rewards program offers a range of benefits for everyday work spending. But the cards are only cost effective when the value of the business rewards exceeds the cost of the rewards program opt-in and credit card annual fee. As with any rewards product, weigh the price of the product against your annual business spend to decide if one of these cards will suit your needs.
Frequently asked questions about Bankwest Business Rewards
More guides on Finder
Virgin Australia Business Reward discount: What’s on offer
Is a 30% saving on reward seats really worth it? We crunched the numbers.
Why you should pivot your business to withstand the pandemic
With so many businesses pivoting in response to the pandemic, entrepreneur Sharon Williams takes us through how this strategy works – and when to use it.
St.George Vehicle and Equipment Finance
Looking to purchase new equipment for your business? Find out how you could benefit from a vehicle and equipment loan from St.George. Compare and apply today.
Queensland Country Bank Business Visa credit card
This business credit card has a $90 annual fee and offers free additional cardholders, customisable limits and rewards.
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards March 2020
See how far you could go with up to 100,000 rewards points from one of these credit cards.
BankSA Amplify Platinum Credit Card
The BankSA Amplify Platinum is a rewards card that has a long-term balance transfer offer, an introductory purchase rate offer and a waived first-year annual fee.
Personal loans with reward points
Our guide on personal loans with reward points answers a few questions you may have about how they work, where you can find them and how you can apply for them.
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards February 2020
Reward your spending with up to 200,000 bonus points.
How to use a business card to better manage your cash flow
SPONSORED: Cash flow is the life blood of business. Here's how a business credit card can help.
5 ways to turn your business expenses into perks with Membership Rewards
SPONSORED: Take your next work trip in business class, reward employees with gift cards or redeem credit on your account with American Express Membership Rewards.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.