Enjoy end-of-year bonuses, trips overseas, office supplies or get cash back with a Bankwest Business Rewards card.
The Bankwest Business Rewards program is designed to offer businesses a way to earn and redeem points for credit card spending. Linked to a range of business and corporate cards, this program offers more than 2,500 options for using points, including gifts and merchandise, charitable donations and account credits.
Here, we provide an overview of the Bankwest Business Rewards program, including ways to earn and redeem points, credit card options, and key terms and conditions, so you can decide if this rewards program will suit your business spending and needs.
How the Bankwest Business Rewards program works
The program is exclusive to Bankwest Large Rewards MasterCard, Corporate MasterCard and Executive MasterCard account holders. With any of these cards, you earn points per $1 spent on most purchases. Excluded transactions include: cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, credit card fees and charges, purchasing travellers cheques, gambling purchases, government charges and BPAY payments.
These business accounts also allow you to obtain additional cards for your employees. You can choose to use the points for yourself, for your business or let your employees earn and use points themselves.
What credit cards offer Bankwest Business Rewards?
The Bankwest Business Rewards program is available through the Bankwest Large Rewards MasterCard and Corporate MasterCard accounts.
|Bankwest Business Large Rewards MasterCard|
|Bankwest Corporate MasterCard|
|Bankwest Corporate (Executive) MasterCard|
What rewards can I redeem from the Bankwest Business Rewards program?
Once you have earned enough points, you can choose from over 2,500 rewards in the Bankwest Business Rewards online store. Some options include:
- Travel reward vouchers
- Other reward vouchers
- Merchandise rewards
- Cash back into a Bankwest credit card account
How to redeem points
You can redeem your Bankwest Business Rewards points for rewards through the Bankwest Business Rewards online store or by calling 13 7000. You’ll need to log into your account to see the full list of Bankwest Business Rewards redemption options.
If you’re claiming merchandise rewards, you need to enter a postal address so the goods can be delivered during business hours. If you don’t have enough points to redeem your reward, Bankwest allows you to use a combination of points and cash.
How to compare Bankwest Business Rewards credit cards
The following considerations can help you compare Bankwest Business Rewards credit cards.
- Annual fee. All the cards discussed here attract an annual fee. Think about how much your business is likely to spend when weighing up the cost of the card against the value of the rewards.
- Additional cards. These give you the option of adding employees as additional cardholders. With a Bankwest Business Large Rewards MasterCard, you can add three cardholders at no extra charge, while the Corporate and Executive cards offer an unlimited number of additional cardholders.
- Opting in. The Bankwest Corporate and Executive cards require you to opt in to Bankwest Business Rewards. You will pay a rewards program fee of $39 for the Corporate card and $60 for the Executive card if you choose to earn rewards.
- Waiting period. Bankwest requires you to have a business rewards credit card for 60 days before you can redeem any Bankwest Business Rewards points.
- Points expire. Any unused Bankwest Business Rewards points expire at the end of the 24th month after they were credited to your account.
- Smart statements. All three cards provide a breakdown of transaction and rewards information for every cardholder linked to the account. Corporate MasterCards also give you online access to MasterCard Smart Data for Business which provides access to transaction data, custom reports and account alert options for the last 36 months.
The Bankwest Business Rewards program offers a range of benefits for everyday work spending. But the cards are only cost effective when the value of the business rewards exceeds the cost of the rewards program opt-in and credit card annual fee. As with any rewards product, weigh the price of the product against your annual business spend to decide if one of these cards will suit your needs.
Frequently asked questions about Bankwest Business Rewards
When can I claim rewards?
If you’ve just opened an account, you will have to wait 60 days before you can start redeeming your points. Otherwise points are credited to Bankwest business MasterCard accounts on a daily basis and can be used right away.
Do rewards vouchers expire?
Yes. When you redeem your Bankwest Business Rewards points for items such as travel vouchers, the voucher will include an expiry date. Make sure you use your voucher before this date to get value from your rewards.
Can I exchange or return any rewards redeemed through the Bankwest Business Rewards program?
You can exchange or return rewards redeemed for points except for the following:
- Computer games
- Perishable goods
- Sale items
- Mobile phone ear pieces
All other items must be unused and unopened, in a saleable condition and returned within 30 days of receiving the item.