Bankwest Business Rewards
Want to earn points on your business spending? Here's how you can with a Bankwest Business Rewards credit card – plus what you can get with your points.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Bankwest Business Rewards gives you a way to earn points on your credit card spending when you run a business. You can use these points to reward yourself, your staff or clients with perks like gift cards, gold class cinema passes, hampers and other retail items.
How the Bankwest Business Rewards program works
Bankwest Business Rewards is offered to Bankwest Large Rewards Mastercard and Corporate Mastercard account holders (including Corporate accounts with the Executive card option). If you get one of these cards for your business, you'll earn points per $1 spent on most purchases, such as petrol, dining or office supplies. Any employees with additional cards linked to the account will also earn points for their eligible spending, and you can choose whether the points are pooled or earned separately by assigning "points delegates".
Transactions that don't earn points include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, credit card fees and charges, purchasing travellers cheques, gambling purchases, government charges and BPAY payments.
What credit cards offer Bankwest Business Rewards?
The Bankwest Business Rewards program is available through the Bankwest Large Rewards Mastercard and Corporate Mastercard accounts.
|Bankwest Business Large Rewards Mastercard|
|Bankwest Corporate Mastercard|
What rewards can I redeem from the Bankwest Business Rewards program?
Once you have earned enough points, you can choose from over 2,500 rewards in the Bankwest Business Rewards online store. Some options include:
- Travel reward vouchers
- Other reward vouchers
- Retail items
- Gift hampers
- Cashback into a Bankwest credit card account
How to redeem points
You can redeem your Bankwest Business Rewards points for rewards through the Bankwest Business Rewards online store or by calling 13 7000. You’ll need to log into your account to see the full list of Bankwest Business Rewards redemption options.
If you’re redeeming retail items, you need to enter a postal address so the goods can be delivered during business hours. If you don’t have enough points to redeem your reward, Bankwest allows you to use a combination of points and cash.
How to compare Bankwest Business Rewards credit cards
The following considerations can help you compare Bankwest Business Rewards credit cards.
- Annual fee. These business credit cards have annual fees, so think about how much your business is likely to spend when weighing up the cost of the card against the value of the rewards.
- Additional cards. These give you the option of adding employees as additional cardholders. With a Bankwest Business Large Rewards Mastercard, you can add three cardholders at no extra charge, while the Corporate card offers an unlimited number of additional cardholders.
- Opting in. With a Bankwest Corporate card account, you need to opt in to Bankwest Business Rewards. You will pay a rewards program fee of $39 per Corporate card and $69 per Executive card linked to the account if you choose to earn rewards.
- Waiting period. Bankwest requires you to have a business rewards credit card for 60 days before you can redeem any Bankwest Business Rewards points.
- Points expire. Any unused Bankwest Business Rewards points expire at the end of the 24th month after they were credited to your account.
- Smart statements. All three cards provide a breakdown of transaction and rewards information for every cardholder linked to the account. Corporate Mastercards also give you online access to Mastercard Smart Data for Business which provides access to transaction data, custom reports and account alert options for the last 36 months.
The Bankwest Business Rewards program offers a range of benefits for everyday work spending. But the cards are only cost effective when the value of the business rewards exceeds the cost of the rewards program opt-in and credit card annual fee. As with any rewards product, weigh the price of the product against your annual business spend to decide if one of these cards will suit your needs.
Frequently asked questions about Bankwest Business Rewards
More guides on Finder
ANZ Rewards Platinum – Exclusive Offer
This card offers a competitive rewards program, 150,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points, a first-year annual fee waiver and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
CommBank Neo Business Interest-Free Card
This no interest, flat-fee credit card gives you a way to manage your business spending with predictable costs.
Virgin Money Boost Saver Account (25+ year olds)
The Virgin Money Boost savings account (for 25+ year olds) offers bonus interest each month you deposit money and meet the purchase requirements. Here's how the account works and how to apply.
With hot food back, are Virgin business class redemptions worth it?
A domestic business class reward flight might be more tempting now there's a fresh menu, but how much value can you get?
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
This card offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 36 months, a discounted $29 first year annual fee and platinum benefits including airport lounge passes and complimentary insurance covers.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
The American Express Business Card
The American Express Business Card offers reliable service, a wide range of benefits, additional features, and competitive fees.
American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card
The Amex Qantas Business Rewards Card offers 150,000 bonus Qantas Points, no pre-set spending limit and platinum perks including complimentary insurances.
American Express Platinum Business Card
From Membership Rewards Points to savings on first and business class flights, this charge card is packed with features to help you manage business spending.
Ask an Expert