The American Express Centurion Card
With no pre-set spending limits and a titanium card, discover the exclusive features you can expect from the American Express Centurion card.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
The American Express Centurion Card is one of the most prestigious and exclusive cards in the world. This black charge card has no set spending limit, a suite of travel and lifestyle perks and rewards for your spending. The black card is made of anodised titanium and is only available by invitation from American Express. Use this guide to learn more about the features of the American Express Centurion card and compare other American Express products.
What are the features and benefits of the American Express Centurion Card?
While American Express does not offer public details of this invitation-only card, some of the rumoured benefits you could look forward to include:
- Credit limit. This card doesn't have a pre-set credit or spending limit. As a charge card, you're required to pay the balance in full each month.
- Personal or business use. The card can be used for personal as well as business use. You can also request additional cards for family members or employees.
- Titanium card. One of the most iconic features of the Centurion Card is that it is made of titanium. However, you can also be issued with a plastic version that's compatible with contactless and mobile payment services.
- Travel benefits. Some of the travel benefits you could enjoy with this card include complimentary flights, a dedicated travel-booking service, airport chauffeur service, Priority Pass membership, Virgin Lounge and Qantas Club Lounge benefits and cruise company credits. You can also access the Centurion airport lounges in Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Hong Kong, New York, Philadelphia, Miami, Seattle and San Francisco with the card.
- Hotel perks. As well as a complimentary hotel stay and upgrades at many locations, exclusive privileges and hotel reward program benefits are available with partners including Hilton Honors, Starwood Preferred Guest and InterContinental Hotels.
- Complimentary insurance. The American Express Centurion offers a suite of complimentary insurance covers including international travel insurance, purchase protection, refund protection and extended warranty cover.
- Mobile contactless payments. Whether you have an Android, Apple or Samsung device, you can save time at the cash register and pay with the convenience of your smartphone with Google Pay, Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.
How much does the American Express Centurion cost?
Within Australia, the card charges a $5,000 annual fee with a one-off establishment fee of $5,000.
This means you'd pay $10,000 in the first year and $5,000 per year after that. Other American Express cards annual fees ranging from $0 to $1,200. As it's a charge card, it doesn't charge interest but you're required to pay your balance in full each month.
How can I get an American Express Centurion Card?
As an invitation-only card, there are no specific eligibility criteria available for the American Express Centurion Card. But if your aim is to get this card, there are a few details that could help you get an invitation:
- Build a relationship with Amex. American Express only sends out a limited number of Centurion invitations to its existing customers. So you can work towards getting this card by using other premium American Express products.
- Pay off your account regularly and on time. If you want an Amex Centurion invitation, you'll also need to show that you can afford to use it by making account repayments regularly.
- Make use of your current extras. The American Express Centurion is reported to have an extensive suite of complimentary extras and benefits that cater to premium card members. So using the perks available on your current card could help show American Express that you are the type of person who appreciates and benefits from these features.
- Meet the financial requirements. Although there are no official financial requirements listed for this card, it's clear that the Amex Centurion is designed for big spenders and earners. It's been said that cardholders required a five-figure monthly spending bill per month to get this card.
Compare other American Express credit cards
The American Express Centurion Card has become a status symbol for the elite. Informally called the “black card”, this card has held a high position among ultra-premium cards since its launch. But if you don't get an invite for a Centurion card, you can still compare the wide range of American Express credit cards and charge cards to find one that suits your current needs.
Frequently asked questions
Images: ShutterstockBack to top
More guides on Finder
Footasylum promo codes and coupons April 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on stylish footwear and more online at Footasylum today.
Besame Cosmetics discount codes and coupons April 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on fabulous beauty bag wants online at Besame Cosmetics today.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Logitech G promo codes and coupons April 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on contemporary gaming tech online at Logitech G today.
Shona Joy discount codes and coupons April 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on gorgeous and iconic fashion online at Shona Joy today.
Best iPhone 12 Pro cases in Australia
Keep your new tech protected with one of the best iPhone 12 Pro cases available right here in Australia.
Plastic profanities: The 8 credit card sins to avoid
Credit card misuse is rife in Australia, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
The American Express Business Card
The American Express Business Card offers reliable service, a wide range of benefits, additional features, and competitive fees.
Ask an Expert