Visa Platinum Benefits
Luxury hotel stays, more rewards, exclusive offers and a 24/7 concierge service could be at your fingertips with a Visa Platinum card.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
While all Visa credit cards include features such as global acceptance and support for lost or stolen cards, Visa Platinum cards offer you even more premium perks and benefits. A Visa Platinum card could give you more points per $1 spent, access to pre-sale ticket offers or even hotel upgrades (among other things).
Keep in mind that platinum credit cards usually have higher annual fees than classic or basic cards, so make sure you'd get enough value out of the card before you apply. If you're wondering what the difference is between a regular Visa card and a Visa Platinum card, here you'll find details of the premium perks that are available with platinum options – as well as what to think about when you're comparing different cards.
What benefits, rewards and privileges can I get with a Visa Platinum credit card?
Credit card providers choose which perks come with their platinum credit cards, typically selecting a range of benefits through their own networks and Visa. With that in mind, here are some of the exclusive Visa Platinum benefits you could enjoy:
- 24/7 concierge services. Access the Visa Concierge Service with a phone call or email at any time of day (or night) and they will take care of booking that restaurant, flight or concert ticket for you. A credit card concierge can also help with other requests, such as planning events, buying flowers for someone or sourcing other gifts and items on your must-have list.
- Visa Offers + Perks. Previously, Visa has listed different benefits under separate websites and names, but now lists all current offers on the Visa Offers + Perks page. The options vary depending on factors such as when you're looking, where you are and the type of Visa card you have, but typically include:
- Pre-sale tickets. Get access to exclusive ticket offers for music tours, festivals, live shows and more. To give you an idea of different options, Visa has a partnership with Ticketek Australia and also offered pre-sale options for Splendour in the Grass in both 2018 and 2019. (Note: These options used to be offered under the names Visa Front Line Access and Visa Entertainment, so you may still see references to those names).
- Lifestyle offers. Visa Platinum cards provide you with access to a variety of exclusive global discounts and offers, ranging from luxury spa retreats to romantic seaside adventures.
- Travel services. Access special offers and discounts for hotels and travel experiences worldwide.
- Visa Luxury Hotel Collection. Use your Australian-issued Visa Platinum card to book accommodation through www.visaluxuryhotels.com and get access to exclusive benefits including a best-rate guarantee. Other perks vary by hotel and availability but could include complimentary room upgrades, complimentary Wi-Fi in your room and food or beverage credit.
- Global Customer Assistance. Whether you’re at home or out trotting the globe, Global Customer Assistance provides 24/7 support in case you lose your card and need a card replacement or emergency cash.
- Other Visa features. As with any Visa credit card, a platinum product will also include features such as worldwide acceptance, Zero Liability Policy in case of fraud and payWave for the ease of cashless payments.
Tip: Save time by asking the concierge for help
If you're looking for a particular type of offer or perk and don't have time to search for it on Visa's website, it's worth asking the concierge for help. Below are details of the relevant numbers to call:
- Visa concierge (Australia): 1800 639 607
- ANZ: 1300 580 765 (personal cards) or 1800 233 688 and Option 3 (business cards)
- NAB Platinum: 1300 730 213 and Option 3 (personal cards) or 1300 496 080 and Option 3 (commercial)
- Westpac: 1300 791 188 (BusinessChoice Rewards Platinum)
You can also visit the Visa website for a full list of concierge contact numbers in Australia and overseas.
Other platinum credit card perks
As well as perks available directly through Visa, credit card providers may offer you a mix of the following premium perks:
- More rewards potential. A platinum rewards or frequent flyer credit card will typically offer you either a higher rate of points per $1 spent or a higher points cap compared to standard cards. This could help you earn more rewards, particularly if you spend a lot on your credit card.
- Airport lounge access. Some platinum Visa credit cards offer complimentary airport lounge invitations or global lounge access through Qantas, Virgin Australia or a lounge partner such as Priority Pass or Véloce.
- Complimentary travel insurance. This can range from comprehensive cover for overseas trips to interstate flight or hotel cover, transit accident insurance and even car rental excess insurance.
- Complimentary purchase insurance. This could include purchase protection insurance against loss, theft or accidental damage, as well as extended warranty cover or a price guarantee on eligible purchases.
Compare Visa Platinum credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What else do I need to think about when looking at Visa Platinum credit cards?
The benefits, rewards and privileges you can get with a Visa Platinum card are only really worth it if they offer you more value than what you pay for the card. This makes it important to choose a card that will fit with your goals and spending patterns. So, the other features you'll need to compare include:
- Rewards. If you're looking at rewards cards, think about what type of points you'll earn and the ways you can redeem them to decide whether you'll get value out of the program.
- Interest rates. Platinum cards generally charge higher interest rates than regular cards. So, if you don't pay off your balance by the due date on each statement, these costs could quickly add up.
- Annual fee. This is also usually higher among premium cards, which means the perks will only be worth it if you think you will realistically use them every 12 months.
- Credit limit. Platinum cards may have offer higher minimum credit limits than standard cards. So ask yourself whether a higher limit would be useful, or whether it could tempt you to overspend.
- Eligibility criteria. A platinum credit card may require a higher minimum income than regular cards, although not all providers lists these details as part of the application requirements.
While Visa Platinum credit cards can offer a little extra luxury, it's important to also consider the potential extra costs. As with all cards, make sure you compare your options before deciding if a Visa Platinum card is right for you.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day 2021: Don’t miss these deals on 21 June
Amazon Prime Day is returning to Australia in the first half of 2021. Here are six online deals you need to know about.
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Canterbury Bulldogs vs St George Illawarra Dragons NRL: Start time and watch free
The one-win Bulldogs return after a bye, hopefully refreshed and ready to meet the Dragons.
NSW first home owners tax reform offers 25K grants
First home buyers in NSW could be given up to $25,000 towards their first home purchase – find out if you're eligible.
24 PlayStation 5 consoles are up for grabs this long weekend
eBay is giving away 24 PlayStation 5 prize packs this long weekend - here's how to enter.
Does anyone actually need Twitter Blue?
Here's everything included in Twitter Blue and how much it costs.
How to watch UFC 263 Adesanya vs Vettori 2 live in Australia
Undisputed champion Israel Adesanya is ready for his long-awaited rematch against Marvin Vettori in Arizona.
HBO Max Gossip Girl reboot: new trailer drops ahead of Australian broadcast
An updated version of Gossip Girl is coming our way – and it looks too good to miss.
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 50% off 4K TVs, $200 off Dyson vacuum cleaners, win $10,000 with Optus.
Paul Gallen vs Justis Huni: Fight time and how to watch live online
Undefeated heavyweight Justis Huni and former NRL star Paul Gallen are ready for battle as Termination Day approaches.
Ask an Expert