Save 10% on travel insurance with InsureandGo
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the pandemic. Some information may not be accurate at this time. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please note:
- Some policies may not be available through Finder at this time
- It’s unlikely that your policy will cover expenses from border closures
Originally an association for motoring enthusiasts, the Royal Automotive Club (RAC) now provides a range of automotive services, courses and policies, including discounted travel insurance plans for its members.
Interested in other travel insurance discounts?
What policies are available from RAC Travel Insurance?
The most comprehensive policy available from RAC Travel insurance provides cover for benefits including unlimited overseas medical expenses, personal liability up to $10 million, luggage and personal effects, travel documents, delayed luggage, loss of income and more.
This policy provides the necessary cover for overseas travel with lower maximum payouts and personal liability. You are covered for unlimited overseas medical expenses, personal liability up to $10 million, luggage and personal effects and more.
This covers your medical expenses only while you're overseas, including dental, hospital cash, as well as legal liability.
This policy provides no cover for medical emergencies. All claims related to medical and dental expenses must be filed with your private health insurance.
Ideal for frequent travelling, this policy covers an unlimited number of journeys within the period of insurance. You will be asked to choose your area of travel for the insurance period and you'll get cover for all the essentials and more.
Pros and Cons of RAC Travel Insurance
- Varied policies for local, international and frequent travelling
- Online quotes
- Purchase policies online
- Single-benefit policy for rental vehicle excess
- 24/7 emergency support
- Trip on International plans can be resumed
- Policies can be extended
- Some pre-existing medical conditions not covered
- Not all sporting activities automatically covered
- No option to resume an interrupted journey on the Domestic plan
How do I make a claim with RAC Travel Insurance?
1. Give immediate notice. Get in touch with the insurer as soon as possible to report the incident and file a claim. You can download the claims form from the RAC website or submit your claim online on the Travel Insurance Partners website. Penalties may be levied against you if you wait too long and deliberately delay the process.
2. Supply all necessary documentation. Besides your Claims form and Certificate of Insurance, you will also need to produce police reports, medical reports, receipts and proof of ownership.
3. Duty of disclosure. Your travel insurance policy will be granted or refused based on the information you provide. It’s important to be as honest and complete as possible in answering questions. If your information is found to be false or incomplete, any claims will be rejected and your policy may be cancelled.
RAC Travel Insurance FAQ
More guides on Finder
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Bitcoin’s price showcases signs of a local bottom but emerging inflation data suggests more dips
The US Consumer Price Index (CPI) has continued to touch relative highs in recent months, giving rise to fears that more inflation may be on the cards in the near term.
Ethereum’s price reflects market sentiment in general with no immediate respite in sight
Ethereum’s price woes were recently compounded by news of prominent trading platform LCX revealing that one of its ETH hot wallets had been compromised.
January’s best balance transfer credit card offers
Want to pay off your credit card in 2022? These 0% balance transfer offers give you a way to save on interest for up to 36 months.
How to watch Euphoria season 2 online in Australia
The popular teen drama promises an epic season 2.
Back to school costs 2022
Parents will fork out $20.3 billion on back to school costs this year - $3,621 each for primary students and $6,957 for secondary students.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in January 2022
You can easily elevate your binge-watching game in the New Year.
Influencers to follow to educate yo’self in 2022
From bodi posi influencers to political activists, make your daily scrolls more meaningful with these inspiring icons on your feed.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE first look review: Is it worth $999?
The new Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G has some impressive specs and features, but is it enough to warrant a $999 price tag in Australia?
Ask an Expert