The Mutual Bank home loans
Compare home loan rates from the Mutual Bank.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Competitive The Mutual Bank rates for...
- Home buyers. The Mutual Bank Package Home Loan - Discounted Variable Rate (Owner Occupier) has a 2.98% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 90%.
- Investors. The Mutual Bank Package Home Loan - 1 Year Fixed (Investor) has a 2.89% p.a. interest rate and lets you borrow up to 90%.
Compare the Mutual Bank home loans
Compare the Mutual Bank home loan products below and hit "load more" to see a fuller selection of loans.
The Mutual Bank lender profile
- The Mutual Bank started in Maitland in 1888 and continues to serve residents of Maitland, the Hunter and surrounding areas.
- As a community-focused organisation, The Mutual Bank supports local community initiatives, including a school banking program.
- The Mutual Bank also offers bank accounts, personal loans, travel money, financial planning and business finance.
How do I apply for a the Mutual Bank mortgage?
If you'd like to apply for a home loan from the Mutual Bank, please contact the lender directly.
Each The Mutual Bank product has specific eligibility criteria but some will apply to all products. For example:
- Age. You must be over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You should be a resident of Australia.
- Employment. You should have a regular source of income.
When you apply for a mortgage with the Mutual Bank you are required to provide certain information so make sure you have all your documents ready before you apply. The documents you will be expected to provide are:
- Identification documents. You will need identification such as a driver's license, passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of income documents. Recent payslips can establish your income.
- Asset and liability documents. You need to provide documents showing your current assets (savings accounts, investments) and liabilities (your outstanding debt).
Looking for more mortgage options?
More guides on Finder
86 400 Own home loan – fixed
Check out this flexible fixed rate offer from a digital lender. Rates for home buyers and investors.
Westpac’s mega-low home loan: Will more Big Four banks follow?
Westpac has launched a mega-low 1.79% home loan, just as experts flag the RBA might raise rates sooner than thought. So why have Westpac cut now?
Afterpay hangover? Beware of impact on home loan approval
Off the back of Christmas spending, a finance expert has warned that your Afterpay habits could negatively impact your home loan application.
Owner-occupier home loans
Need an owner-occupier home loan? Compare rates, understand home owner tax rules and more.
2-hour home loan approval: Can it happen?
A new partnership between digital bank 86 400 and Mortgage Choice aims to deliver unconditional home approval within as little as two hours – can it really happen?
Bank of Mum and Dad: 44% of parents subsidise the lives of their adult kids
From buying a home to bankrolling holidays, the “Bank of Mum and Dad” remains open for business according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Firefighters Mutual Bank Credit Card
This low rate credit card has a $0 annual fee and is available to firefighters and other service workers or volunteers.
Sarah Megginson joins Finder to lead home loan editorial strategy
Highly regarded journalist and industry heavyweight Sarah Megginson has joined Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site, to oversee the editorial strategy for its home loans vertical.
Investment loans almost halved in cost since COVID-19
While COVID-19 has delivered a number of economic challenges, there is one area where Australians have benefits – with investment loans now cheaper than they've ever been.
Principal and interest home loans
Read Finder's guide to understanding principal and interest home loans.
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Ask an Expert