Heritage Bank Bridging Home Loan
The Bridging Home Loan from Heritage Bank offers competitive interest rates and is missing many of the fees commonly associated with these loans.
Bridging Loans offer you funds to buy a property while you wait for your existing property to sell. They are considered short term loans and as such can be more expensive than regular home loans.
Heritage Bank offers a bridging loan product that you can combine with another loan that you may have with the bank to help you acquire your new home. Find out more about this loan below.
Richard Whitten is a money editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans, property and personal finance for 6+ years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely; and has appeared on various radio shows nationwide. He holds a Certificate IV in mortgage broking and finance (RG 206) and a Tier 1 Generic Knowledge certification (RG 146).
The Bridging Loan can be used to help you purchase your dream home or a new home without having to wait for the sale of your current home, so you can move while your home is still in the market.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the Heritage Bank Bridging Home Loan?
- Low fees. Heritage Bank removes most of the fees that are usually associated with home loans. For example, there are no monthly fees to pay with this loan, no early termination fees and you can make additional repayments without facing any charges or fines. Although, there is an application fee of $900.
- Repayment flexibility. This loan gives you flexibility when it comes to making repayments. You don't have to make any repayments until the end of the loan and as mentioned above, you can also make additional repayments to pay off the loan earlier than the loan term.
- Loan combination. You can combine your Heritage Bank Bridging home loan with other loans from the same bank to facilitate your new home purchase.
- Loan term. Like other bridging loans, this too is a short term loan with a standard term of only six months.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
- Application fee. You will be charged $900 as an application fee for the Bridging Loan.
How to apply
Eligibility requirements for this loan:
- Age requirements: You need to be above the age of 18 years to be eligible for this loan.
- Residency requirements: The Heritage Bank Bridging Loan is only eligible to permanent residents of Australia.
Heritage Bank will also require:
- Personal identification: Various documents are acceptable including a valid driver's license, passport and others.
- Financial information: You will need to produce your latest payment summary or tax return, financial statements for the past two years and other documents showing proof of income.
Bridging Loans can be helpful for people looking for short term loans to buy new homes. Make a point of comparing different bridging loans before you decide on this Heritage Bank loan.