The Bridging Home Loan from Heritage Bank offers competitive interest rates and is missing many of the fees commonly associated with these loans.
Bridging Loans offer you funds to buy a property while you wait for your existing property to sell. They are considered short term loans and as such can be more expensive than regular home loans.
Heritage Bank offers a bridging loan product that you can combine with another loan that you may have with the bank to help you acquire your new home. Find out more about this loan below.
|Product Name||Heritage Bank Bridging Loan|
|Interest Rate Type||Variable|
|Comp Rate^ (p.a.)|
|Minimum Loan Amount||$20,000|
|Maximum Loan Amount||$9,999,999|
|Minimum Loan Term||1 year|
|Maximum Loan Term||30 years|
|Maximum Insured LVR||85%|
|Mortgage Offset Account||No|
|Mortgage 100% Offset||No|
|Loan Redraw Facility||No|
|Split Loan Facility||No|
|Fixed Interest Option||No|
|Suitable for Investment||Yes|
|Available as equity loan/line of credit||No|
|Repayment Type||Principal & Interest and Interest Only Options|
|Lender's Legal Fee||$0|
|Ongoing Fees||$0 p.a.|
- Lets you borrow 100% of the purchase price of a new home without selling your old home first
- Capitalize your interest payments onto the loan (if you have sufficient equity)
- Borrow up to 85% of the value of both properties
- There is a $900 application fee
- A discharge fee of $250 applies when you pay off your home loan
Things to consider about the Heritage Bank Bridging Home Loan
The Bridging Loan can be used to help you purchase your dream home or a new home without having to wait for the sale of your current home, so you can move while your home is still in the market.
Features of the Heritage Bank Bridging Home Loan
- Low fees. Heritage Bank appears to remove most of the fees that are usually associated with home loans. For example, there are no monthly fees to pay with this loan, no early termination fees and you can make additional repayments without facing any charges or fines. Although, there is an application fee of $900.
- Repayment flexibility. This loan gives you flexibility when it comes to making repayments. You don’t have to make any repayments until the end of the loan and as mentioned above, you can also make additional repayments to pay off the loan earlier than the loan term.
- Loan combination. You can combine your Heritage Bank Bridging home loan with other loans from the same bank to facilitate your new home purchase.
- Loan term. Like other bridging loans, this too is a short term loan with a standard term of only six months.
Fees you can avoid
- Valuation fee. Heritage Bank covers your first valuation of up to $330.
- Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI). LMI is only charged when you borrow with a Loan-to-Value Ratio (LVR) that’s higher than $80. You can therefore avoid this fee if you take up a loan with a lower LVR.
- Monthly fees. Heritage Bank does not charge monthly administration fees.
- Early termination fee. You will not be fined for paying off your loan early.
Fees you can’t avoid
- Application fee. You will be charged $900 as an application fee for the Bridging Loan.
Calculate your repayments by filling in some of your details
How to apply for the Heritage Bank Bridging home loan
Eligibility requirements for this loan:
- Age requirements: You need to be above the age of 18 years to be eligible for this loan.
- Residency requirements: The Heritage Bank Bridging Loan is only eligible to permanent residents of Australia.
Heritage Bank will also require:
- Personal identification: Various documents are acceptable including a valid driver’s license, passport and others.
- Financial information: You will need to produce your latest payment summary or tax return, financial statements for the past two years and other documents showing proof of income.
Bridging Loans can be helpful for people looking for short term loans to buy new homes. Make a point of comparing different bridging loans before you decide on this Heritage Bank loan.
Enquire about this home loan
Heritage Bank Bridging Home Loan Interest Rate History vs RBA Cash Rate Graph
Enquire about this home loan