Nova Alliance Bank credit cards
Compare credit cards from this member-owned, social enterprise bank.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Nova Alliance Bank offers a low-cost Visa credit card with straightforward features and mobile wallet options. This member-owned bank is based in Newcastle and is part of a network of social enterprise banks, known collectively as Alliance Banks. Here, we go through the key details for the Nova Alliance Bank Visa credit card, as well as the features you'll get when you have an account with this bank.
Compare Nova Alliance Bank credit cards
Types of credit cards from Nova Alliance Bank
Low rate credit cards
The Nova Alliance Bank Visa credit card gives you an introductory 6% p.a. interest rate for the first 6 months, then an ongoing rate of 11.99% p.a. that is competitive with other low rate cards. While some cards charge different interest rates for purchases and cash advances, the Nova Alliance Bank credit card charges the same interest rate for all transactions. This helps keep the account features simple.
This card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted and has an added layer of protection for online shopping with Visa Secure authentication at participating businesses. It also offers a relatively low annual fee of $45, interest-free days on purchases and mobile payments with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Benefits of banking with Nova Alliance Bank
Some of the key features you can look forward to with Nova Alliance Bank include:
Low interest rates
The Nova Alliance Bank Visa credit card offers an introductory 6% p.a. interest rate for the first 6 months, then a low ongoing interest rate for all your purchases and cash advances. This can help you keep interest costs down if you carry a balance.
Contactless payments and digital wallets
You can tap-and-pay with the Nova Alliance Bank credit card at any business that accepts contactless payments. If you have a compatible mobile device, you can also add this card to your digital wallet with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay.
As a Visa card, you can use the Nova Alliance Bank credit card to make payments online, in person and over the phone through Visa's worldwide card network. You also get the benefit of zero liability for fraudulent transactions, and Visa Secure to help verify online purchases by adding an extra authentication step with participating businesses. Plus, exclusive deals on shopping, dining, travel and more through Visa Offers + Perks.
Social enterprise banking
- Residency status. You must have an Australian residential address.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. You need to include your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, contact number and marital status. You also have to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare details.
- Employment details. This includes your salary, your employment status and contact details for your employer. You'll also need to provide your two most recent payslips to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This includes any other income, as well as savings, investments or other assets. You also need to share details of any existing cards, debts, loans or other financial responsibilities, as well as an estimate of your share of regular household expenses.
You can check your balance, make payments and manage your account whenever you want with Internet banking or the Nova Alliance Bank mobile app. You can also call Nova Alliance Bank on (02) 4926 1428 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nova Alliance Bank is part of a group of social enterprise banks, which means its profits go back to members and community causes. The Alliance Bank network has a strategic partnership with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (the parent of Bendigo Bank) and has committed $5.1 million to community initiatives through its Do Good Fund.
How to apply for a Nova Alliance Bank credit card
If you've compared your options and want to get the Nova Alliance Bank Visa credit card, you can apply online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. You can also download and print an application form.
You can get started now by making sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details needed for the application.
Documents and details
If you have any questions or want to check on your application at any time, you can call Nova Alliance Bank on 02 49261428 or email email@example.com.
More guides on Finder
Nova Alliance Bank Visa Credit Card
This Visa credit card offers a low interest rate, a $45 annual fee and mobile payments with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.