Macquarie Credit Union Credit Cards
Find out what credit card options you can get as a member of Macquarie Credit Union.
Updated . What changed?
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Macquarie Credit Union offers one Visa credit card with simple, low-cost features – including a 12.99% p.a. interest rate for purchases and cash advances. You can use this guide to learn more about the Macquarie Credit Union Visa credit card, as well as the other features you can get when you become a member of the credit union.
Compare credit cards from Macquarie Credit Union
Types of Macquarie Credit Union credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The Macquarie Credit Union Visa is a low rate credit card that also gives you an introductory interest rate on balance transfers if you want to move existing debt to the account. It also offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases and has a $30 annual fee. You can compare this card to other low rate options to help you find one that works for you.
Benefits of Banking with Macquarie Credit Union
Some of the features you can expect when you bank with Macquarie Credit Union include:
You can use the Macquarie Credit Union Visa credit card to make payments in-person, online or over the phone, anywhere Visa is accepted. You also get access to exclusive deals on shopping, dining, entertainment and travel through Visa Offers + Perks.
If you have outstanding balances on other credit cards that attract higher rates of interest, you can consider transferring those balances to this credit card. You can take advantage of a discounted balance transfer rate and any outstanding balance at the end of this period starts attracting the card’s low ongoing rate.
Your account is protected against fraudulent transactions through Visa's Zero Liability Policy. If your card is lost or stolen, you can also call the 24/7 Visa security hotline on 1800 648 027.
Macquarie Credit Union offers Internet banking, mobile banking, branch banking services and phone banking on 1300 885 480.
How to apply for a Macquarie Credit Union credit card
You can apply for a Macquarie Credit Union credit card online by filling in a secure application form. To get started, make sure you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia to apply for a credit card from Macquarie Credit Union.
- Income. You must be employed or receive a regular income.
- Credit history. You must not have declared bankruptcy or insolvency. You also must not have any defaults listed on your credit history for loans, credit cards, store cards or interest-free finance accounts.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Membership. You need to be a member of Macquarie Credit Union to open an account. If you're not an existing member, you can join by paying a $10 share fee. To be eligible to join, you must be a resident of Dubbo, Narromine, Gilgandra, Warren, Cobar, Coonamble or Nyngan local government areas. You can also join if you are an employee or family member of an employee at one of the following businesses or organisations:
- Australia Post
- Auscott Ltd
- Essential Energy
- Macquarie Credit Union Limited
- Any NSW or ACT local government council, state government department or federal government department or authority (including in health care, ambulance and fire authorities)
Documents and details
- Personal details. This includes whether you are an existing member, as well as your name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependants and contact details. You also have to provide your driver’s licence number or another valid form of ID.
- Employment. This section covers your salary, occupation, employment status and your employer’s name and contact details.
- Financial details. You should provide details of any other forms of income, along with any assets and savings. You also need to share details of existing debts, credit accounts and your share of regular household expenses.
After you submit your application, Macquarie Credit Union will assess your application and get in touch. If you have any questions about your application or want to check on its status, call the credit union on 1300 885 480.
Frequently asked questions
You might have certain questions about Macquarie Credit Union credit cards, so listed below are answers to commonly asked ones. If you question isn't listed, use the form of the end of the page to ask a member of our team.
More guides on finder
Macquarie Credit Union Visa Credit Card
This low-cost credit card offers up to 55 days interest-free and a low introductory interest rate for balance transfers.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.