Macquarie Credit Union Credit Cards
Macquarie Credit Union lets you enjoy a convenient line of credit while you save with a low ongoing rate
It merged with Dubbo Municipal Council Employees Credit Union in 1974, with Warren Shire Council Employees Credit Union in 1980, and with Dubbo Post-Tel Credit Union in 2003.
A significant consolidation of its branding took place in 2013, after which this credit union began offering membership to everybody in the Dubbo local government area. Macquarie Credit Union has more than 6,000 members and around $86.5 million in assets. It offers its members a variety of financial services and products like loans, deposit accounts, debit and credit cards, insurance solutions and business banking solutions.
Compare Credit Cards from Macquarie Credit Union
Types of Credit Cards That Macquarie Credit Union Offers
While Macquarie Credit Union offers just one type of credit card, you can use this card to good effect in different situations.
Low rate credit cards
Getting a low rate credit card can prove beneficial if paying outstanding balances in full each month is not how you operate. The Macquarie Credit Union Visa Credit Card, apart from it low ongoing rate, comes with an even lower introductory rate for 6 months on balance transfers. When used in the right manner, this card can give you up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. It charges a nominal annual fee, and unlike many other cards, it charges the same interest rate for purchases as well as cash advances.
Benefits of Banking with Macquarie Credit Union
When you deal with Macquarie Credit Union you can look forward to paying reduced fees and charges than when compared to a conventional bank. There’s more to look forward to if you get a Macquarie Credit Union credit card.
Refer members and earn cash
When you, as a Macquarie Credit Union member, refer your family members and friends to this credit union, you can end up earning cash rewards. If someone you refer joins this credit union you will receive a cash reward, and the individual in question also stands to receive the same amount by fulfilling a few basic requirements. If the individual starts a term deposit or gets a home or personal loan within the first three months, you stand to receive more money.
Dynamic Sweep facility
When you get a Macquarie Credit Union credit card you can link your other Macquarie Credit Union accounts to your card by setting up a Dynamic Sweep facility. This can help minimise the number of cards you carry.
Use your card anytime, anywhere
Your Macquarie Credit Union credit card comes with a Visa association, so you can use it just about anywhere in the world. You can turn to any EFTPOS terminal or ATM that displays the Visa logo, and you can also use your card to make purchases over the phone and online. You can also use this card for online and over-the-phone bill payments.
If you have outstanding balances on other credit cards that attract higher rates of interest, you can consider transferring those balances to this credit card. You can take advantage of a discounted balance transfer rate and any outstanding balance at the end of this period starts attracting the card’s low ongoing rate.
Secure online shopping
When you use this card to make online transactions, Verified by Visa works in assessing the risk of every transaction. If any activity seems out of the ordinary, you'll have to confirm certain personal details to proceed.
How to apply for a Macquarie Credit Union credit card
To apply, you can visit the Macquarie Credit Union branch, or call and speak to a Macquarie Credit Union representative directly. You can download an application and mail, fax, or email it once completed. You can also submit an online application. To apply online or to download an application, click on the ‘Go to Site’ button next the card’s description. You have to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply:
- You are over 18 years of age
- You are a permanent resident of Australia
- You have good credit history
The application can take around 15 minutes to complete and requires that you provide a host of information, which includes the following:
- Personal details. Mention if you’re an existing member and provide your name, date of birth, marital status, number of dependants and driver’s license number.
- Contact details. Provide your home phone number, other phone numbers, email address, home address, residential status, time in your current residence and your mailing address.
- Employment. This section requires your occupation, your employment status, your employer’s name and contact details and the length of time you've been employed.
- Debt. Mention if you’ve ever been bankrupt, and if so, provide details.
- Income. This includes your wages as well as income from other sources.
- Monthly expenses. This section requires a detailed breakdown of how much you spend towards rent, mortgage repayments, car loans, personal loans, credit cards, and all other forms of debt.
- Assets. Here, you have to provide the monetary value of any real estate you own along with the value of your motor vehicles, savings, investments and household goods. You also have to provide information surrounding their insurance covers.
After you apply
After you submit your application, Macquarie Credit Union aims to get in touch with you within 48 hours. There is a possibility you might have to provide additional information. An income verification call going to your place of employment is part of the process. If you’re not a Macquarie Credit Union member, you’ll have to become one in order to receive your Macquarie Credit Union credit card. New members, owing to a Federal requirement, have to go through an identity verification process.
Frequently asked questions
You might have certain questions about Macquarie Credit Union credit cards, so listed below are answers to commonly asked ones. If you question isn't listed, use the form of the end of the page to ask a member of our team.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.