Weel, formerly known as Divipay, is an Australian financial technology (fintech) company that gives you a way to manage and track all your business expenses. This includes virtual corporate cards for employees, which are fast to set up and can be customised with spending limits.
In 2021, Weel won Finder's Best Payment Innovation Award. It was also the first company to introduce virtual corporate cards in Australia back in 2018.
Business expense management with unlimited virtual cards
Eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, fees and charges apply
Weel Virtual Card Offer
Get reloadable, virtual cards for your business, with custom limits for employees and real-time expense management tools.
- Unlimited virtual cards that can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted
- Variety of plans designed to suit businesses of different sizes
- Real-time transaction data with an option to stop, cancel or pause card activity at any time
- Integrated with accounting software, including Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks
Weel is a subscription service that businesses can use to track and manage spending. It offers corporate virtual cards that you can set up instantly and use once, at set times or all the time. This means you can set up spending rules that make it easier to manage bills, budgets and employee expenses.
Unlike a business credit card, the funds for Weel virtual cards are pre-loaded by the business – but there is the option of a credit facility that works like a charge card. It also integrates with accounting software, including Xero, MYOB and QuickBooks.
Go to Weel's site
Pros and cons
- Virtual cards. Weel offers unlimited virtual cards that can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. And you can quickly set up new cards for ongoing use or limited use without extra paperwork.
- Real-time data. See transactions as they are made from each Weel card, with a search tool and the option to stop, cancel or pause card activity at any time.
- Simplifies financial management. The features of Weel are all designed to help businesses manage expenses, budgets, subscriptions and accounting tasks.
- Plan costs. Weel plan costs are set based on the number of account users, add-ons and how many business transactions are made each month. If you don't know these details or they change, it could be hard to work out the overall cost.
- No international transfers. Weel currently does not support international money transfers. You can still use a virtual card for international payments but there is a 2.99% currency conversion fee.
- Direct debit processing times. If you pre-load funds by direct debit, it will take 3-5 days before it is added to Weel. You can set a minimum payment threshold to trigger a direct debit or make one-off bank transfers to avoid running out of funds.
Weel plans are designed to suit businesses of different sizes, with a monthly fee structure based on the number of account users and transactions.
Weel Basic plan
Designed for smaller businesses that make up to 50 business transactions a month, this plan's features include the following:
- Instant virtual cards. You can create virtual cards for your business and employees, which can be added to Apple Pay or Google Pay as soon as they're set up.
- Card controls. Each virtual card can be customised with spending limits and rules. For example, you could limit spending to particular merchants, types of transactions or even times of the day.
- Budgets. You can set up budgets for different teams or departments within Weel so that the linked cards can only be used for spending up to that amount.
- Automatic expense categorisation. Every time a virtual card is used, Weel will automatically categorise it based on enhanced data from Mastercard. You can also override a categorisation to set up a different one for future transactions at the same merchant.
- Subscription management. You can set up subscriptions for business software, accounts and tools through Weel. Each subscription will be assigned its own virtual card, which makes it easier to pause or cancel subscriptions at any time.
- Integration with accounting software. If you use Xero, MYOB or QBO, you can link your Weel account to streamline reporting. You can also download CSV files for other accounting software, including files that have been filtered using Weel account tools.
- Monthly transactions. This plan includes 50 business transactions per month at no extra cost. If you make more than that, there's a fee of $0.75 per transaction.
Basic plan pricing
- Monthly fee: $119 per month for up to 5 users
- Additional users: $5 per month for each additional user
Weel Premium plan
If your business makes more than 50 transactions a month, this plan offers some of the same features as the Basic plan, as well as the following:
- Top-up requests. If a team or department has reached their budget cap early, they can submit a request for a budget top-up through Weel. The account manager can then review it and either approve or reject the request, making it a simple process to consider budget changes and adjustments for particular departments or teams.
- Custom fields. If you have budgets for projects, clients or specific jobs that need to be tracked for accounting purposes, you can set them up in Weel so that you don't have to reconcile transactions later.
- Bill payments. You can make payments through BPAY and electronic fund transfers (EFT) with this account.
- Monthly transactions. This plan includes 150 business transactions per month, then charges $0.50 per transaction for the rest of the month.
Premium plan pricing
- Monthly fee: $340 per month for up to 10 users
- Additional users: $8 per month for each additional user
Weel Enterpise plan
This plan is designed for businesses that make more than 150 transactions per month and have more complex financial processes. It includes the key features of the other plans plus the following:
- Unlimited monthly transactions. Unlike other Weel plans, there is no monthly limit on business transactions with this plan.
- Single sign-on. If you want to share the account access with other people in the business, you can set up a single sign-on (SSO). This can make it faster to onboard new people, update details and control the security of the account.
- Personalised on-boarding. Get help setting up a Weel account, card controls, budgets or anything else.
- Dedicated account manager. You'll have an account manager as your first point of contact for any questions or changes you want to make to your account.
Enterprise plan pricing
- Monthly fee: $2,025 per month for up to 20 users
- Additional users: $10 per month for each additional user
Go to Weel's site
Weel also gives you access to the following account features and benefits:
Automatic bill payments (add-on feature)
If you want to save time managing bill payments, this optional feature gives you a way to set up automatic batch payments, custom approval rules and a choice of BPAY or electronic fund transfers (EFT).
You can add vendors or billers to Weel and set it up so that their invoices are paid on set dates. They'll get an automatic email notification when the payment is made, and the details will be added to your accounting software.
Cost: Pricing for this add-on starts from $8 a month for up to 10 invoice payments.
If you or an employee needs to make an out-of-pocket expense, this add-on gives you a fast way to process and approve it.
It is similar to other reimbursement software: the employee takes a photo of the expense receipt, uploads it to Weel and submits a short claim form. You can set up rules for what expenses are covered and who needs to approve them, and Weel will use these details to help speed up the process.
Cost: Reimbursements is a free add-on and could be helpful if you have employees that don't usually need to make business transactions or who don't have a Weel card for some other reason.
Get access to exclusive offers, discounts and other benefits from brands that Weel has partnered with, such as Canva, Shopify, G Suite (Google) and Amazon Web Services (AWS). These offers are for a limited time, and you can see the latest deals by logging in to the Weel web portal.
Weel virtual cards can be added to Apple Pay or Google Pay, which means you can tap to pay in any store that offers contactless, mobile payments (as well as online).
Weel has 24-hour fraud detection and AI security software to protect every account. If a suspicious transaction is made from any Weel card linked to your account, you'll be contacted by Weel to verify it or sort it out.
Weel cards also come with Mastercard protection, including no liability for fraudulent transactions. Setting up different cards and spending rules for your business can also reduce the risk of card fraud because it means only limited funds are available on each card (rather than sharing a card with access to the whole balance).
You can sign up for a free trial of the Weel Starter or Growth plan by filling in a short form online. You'll then have 14 days to trial the plan before billing applies.
If you want a Weel custom plan or line of credit, you can also fill in a form and someone from Weel will get in contact with you by phone or email.
To get a Weel account, your business will also have to meet the following requirements:
- Business details. You need to have an active ABN (Australian Business Number).
- Identity details. Depending on your business, you may need to provide valid ID for yourself and any other business owners. For example, your personal driver's licence and Australia passport.
If you want to see how Weel works before signing up, you can book a demonstration through the Weel website. A Weel sales representative will then organise to meet with you and go through key details, including the following:
- How to instantly issue Weel cards
- How to automatically pay bills
- Spending controls
- Expense report automation
Each demonstration is personalised, so you'll also be able to ask any questions – and potentially learn about new features.
Go to Weel's siteBack to top