We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
BDCU Alliance Bank offers one credit card option, a low rate Visa that you can use to make payments in-store, online or over the phone. If you have Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay, you can also add this card to your account and shop straight from your mobile phone or device. You can use this guide to learn more about the BDCU Alliance Bank Visa credit card, along with other features you'll get if you join the bank.
BDCU Alliance Bank credit cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Types of credit cards from BDCU Alliance Bank
Low rate credit card
The BDCU Alliance Bank Visa charges the same interest rate for all transactions. It offers an introductory rate of 7.99% for the first 6 months, which then reverts to a variable rate of 12.49% p.a. This can help you save on interest charges if you carry a balance from month to month, but it's worth comparing a range of low rate credit cards to help you find one that works for you.
The benefits of a BDCU Alliance Bank credit card
If you're interested in a credit card from BDCU Alliance Bank, here are some of the key benefits and features you'll get access to:
You can use a BDCU credit card in person, online or over the phone, with worldwide acceptance through the Visa network. When you're in a store, you can tap to pay and won't need to enter a PIN if the purchase is under $100. Online, you'll get added protection through Visa Secure. You also get access to exclusive shopping, dining, entertainment and travel offers through Visa Offers + Perks, with the latest deals listed on the Visa Australia website.
Check your credit card balance and manage your account at any time with Internet banking, the BDCU mobile app or by calling the phone banking service on 1300 367 500. If you use the BDCU mobile app, you can even lock or unlock your credit card if you ever lose it and want to look for it.
How to apply for a BDCU Alliance Bank credit card
You can apply for a BDCU Alliance Bank credit card online by filling in a secure application form on the bank's website. Before you get started, check that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you need to complete the application.
- Australian residency status. You should be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Income. You should have a regular income and stable job.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and phone number. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you'll need to include details about your employment status and your employer's contact information. You may also need to provide recent payslips or bank statements to help verify these details.
- Financial details. This covers any other forms of income, along with other assets such as savings or investments. You also need to provide details about your existing credit cards, loans, other debts and your regular household expenses such as rent, mortgage payments and utility bills.
If you have any questions about the application process, you can call the BDCU Alliance Bank team on (02) 4860 4000 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm) or visit your nearest branch.
Frequently asked questions
Have a question about BDCU Alliance Bank credit cards? Here you'll find answers to some of the most common ones. If there's something else you'd like to know, you can also get in touch using the comment box below.
More guides on Finder
BDCU Visa Credit Card
A low rate Visa credit card from BDCU which offers you a more secured way of banking while enjoying low interest rates and 44 interest-free days on purchases.
Ask an Expert