Auswide Bank Credit Cards
Compare credit cards from Auswide Bank, with features including low rates, rewards and platinum perks.
Auswide Bank offers you a choice between two credit cards: a low rate card with basic features and a platinum card with rewards. You can use this guide to compare Auswide Bank credit cards and learn more about how to apply if you decide one is right for you.
Compare Auswide Bank Credit Cards
Types of Auswide Bank credit cards
If you're interested in a credit card from Auswide Bank, you can choose between a Visa option that offers low rates and fees, or a Mastercard with rewards and platinum perks.
Low rate credit cards
The Auswide Bank Low Rate Visa offers a competitive 8.2% p.a. variable interest rate for purchases and cash advances. A unique feature of this card (compared to other low rate cards) is that the variable rate will only change if the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) official cash rate changes. This is because the card's interest rate is set based on the RBA rate and a fixed margin applied by the bank. It also offers a $50 annual fee that's waived for cardholders under 25 years of age.
Platinum credit cards
The Auswide Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard offers platinum perks including complimentary international travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance and a concierge service that can help you with tasks such as restaurant bookings or gift purchases. Outside of any promotional offers, it charges an annual fee of $129 and a purchase interest rate of 20.24% p.a. It also offers points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases, which you can redeem for gift cards, merchandise, frequent flyer points and other rewards available through the Card Services Rewards program.
What are the benefits of banking with Auswide Bank?
If you decide to apply for an Auswide Bank credit card, some of the features and benefits you could enjoy include:
The Auswide Bank Platinum Mastercard earns 1 reward point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, with no point expiry and a variety of reward options – from frequent flyer point transfers to travel bookings, merchandise and cash back.
Complimentary insurance covers
The Auswide Bank Platinum Mastercard offers complimentary international travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, transit accident insurance, extended warranty insurance, purchase cover and a guaranteed pricing scheme.
If you have existing credit card with another bank or provider, you could request a balance transfer to an Auswide Bank credit card. Depending on when you apply, you may be able to take advantage of an introductory balance transfer rate. For example, the Auswide Bank Platinum Mastercard offers an introductory 0% p.a. rate on balance transfers for 14 months. When the offer period ends, any remaining balance transfer debt will attract the card’s cash advance rate.
If you want to share your Auswide Bank credit card account with your partner or another family member, you can request an additional card for them and enjoy no additional cardholder fee. Note that you will be the one responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
Auswide Bank credit cards offer a zero liability to protect you against fraudulent transactions. The Auswide Bank Low Rate card also offers an extra layer of security for online purchases through Visa Secure, while the Auswide Bank Platinum Rewards includes Fraudshield monitoring technology.
How to apply for an Auswide Bank credit card
You can apply for a Auswide Bank credit card online, in a branch or by phoning 1300 138 831. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details required for the application.
- Residency status. You should be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Minimum income. Both cards have a minimum income requirement that you must meet to be eligible. The minimum income requirement for the Low Rate Visa is $30,000 and the minimum income requirement for the Platinum Mastercard is $35,000.
- Age. You must be over 18 years old.
- Credit history. You should have good credit history.
- Personal details. This includes your name, phone number, email address, residential address, date of birth, and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's license or passport.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to provide information about your employment status, length of employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial details. This covers other forms of income, assets such as savings, as well as existing credit cards, loans and other debts. Plus, details of your share of household expenses including rent or mortgage repayments, bills and groceries.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have a question about Auswide Bank credit cards? Check out the answers to these FAQs below, or get in touch by using the form at the bottom of the page.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.