Auswide Bank started as a Queensland-based building society and has since grown to a national bank that has been providing financial products and services for over 50 years.
It offers a range of products, including a no-frills credit card with a competitive low rate and an annual fee that can be waived if you're under the age of 25. Find out more about its credit card offering below.
Compare Auswide Bank Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Type of Auswide Bank credit cards
Low rate credit cards
Currently, the Low Rate Credit Card from Auswide Bank comes with a competitive 10.24% p.a. interest rate for purchases and cash advances.
This card also comes with a $50 annual fee that's waived for cardholders under 25 years of age.
Benefits you can get with an Auswide Bank credit card
If you decide to apply for an Auswide Bank credit card, some of the features and benefits you could enjoy include:
If you have an existing credit card with another bank or provider, you can request a balance transfer up to your available credit limit and your balance will be charged at the purchase rate, currently 10.24% p.a.
If you want to share your Auswide Bank credit card account with your partner or another family member, you can request an additional card for them and enjoy no additional cardholder fee. Note that you will be the one responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
The Auswide Bank Low Rate card offers extra layers of security for online purchases through Visa Secure, EFTPOS Secure and Visa Zero Liability.
As a Visa credit card, you will get access to certain benefits such as contactless payments with Visa PayWave for purchases under $100 and faster checkout with Visa Checkout.
How to apply for an Auswide Bank credit card
You can apply for an Auswide Bank credit card online, in a branch or by phoning 1300 138 831. Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details required for the application.
- Residency status. You should be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Minimum income. The minimum income requirement for the Low Rate Visa is $30,000.
- Age. You must be over 18 years old.
- Credit history. You should have a good credit history.
- Personal details. This includes your name, phone number, email address, residential address, date of birth, and marital status. You also need to provide a valid form of ID, such as your driver's license or passport.
- Employment details. As well as your salary, you need to provide information about your employment status, length of employment and your employer's contact details.
- Financial details. This covers other forms of income, assets such as savings, as well as existing credit cards, loans and other debts. Plus, details of your share of household expenses including rent or mortgage repayments, bills and groceries.
Credit card brands similar to Auswide Bank
If you're after a low rate credit card similar to that offered by Auswide Bank, you can consider credit cards from the following brands:
Contact details and related links
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Auswide Bank Low Rate Credit Card
This low rate credit card offers the same 10.24% p.a. variable rate for purchases and cash advances, with an introductory 0% balance transfer offer too. Compare its other features here.
Auswide Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard
The Auswide Bank Platinum Rewards Mastercard offers both bonus points and an introductory balance transfer offer, plus platinum perks.
Ask an Expert