Adelaide Bank Credit Cards
Get interest-free days on purchases or a $0 annual fee for life with an Adelaide Bank credit card.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Adelaide Bank offers two credit cards that can help you keep account costs down in different ways. You can avoid interest charges on new purchases made with the 55 days interest-free Visa, or you can save on yearly account costs with the $0 annual fee card.
If you have a home loan with Adelaide Bank, you could also be able to save on interest by linking your credit card to your offset account and using it to pay for your expenses throughout the month. This strategy helps you keep money in your offset account for longer, and can reduce the interest you pay on your home loan as a result.
Types of Adelaide Bank credit cards
Adelaide Bank Visa with 55 days interest-free
This credit card has a $30 annual fee and a standard variable interest rate of 19.24% p.a. While this rate is at the higher end of the scale, you can avoid interest charges by making use of up to 55 days interest-free on purchases in each statement period. This is made up of a 30-day statement period (when you’ll make the purchases), plus 25 days to your payment due date. So, if you pay off your full balance by the due date on each statement, your purchases with this card will be interest-free.
Adelaide Bank Visa with $0 annual fee
This credit card has no yearly account fee and no interest-free days. This means the standard variable interest rate of 17.98% p.a. applies to all new purchases from when they are made. These features could be manageable if you rarely use a credit card and can pay it off quickly. Otherwise, the potential interest charges will quickly add up.
Features and benefits you’ll get with an Adelaide Bank credit card
- Exclusive offers through Visa. Adelaide Bank credit cards give you access to Visa’s range of travel and retail offers, which often includes shopping, dining and hotel deals. You can also enjoy pre-sale ticket deals and competitions through Visa Entertainment.
- Offset account facility. With this service, you can keep more money in your Adelaide Bank offset account each month by paying for all your expenses with your credit card. At the end of the statement period, your credit card payment will automatically come out of the offset account. If you use your offset account for everyday spending, this strategy allows you to keep money in the account for longer, which can help reduce the amount of interest you pay on your home loan.
- 24/7 lost or stolen card support. Get round-the-clock support if your card is lost or stolen by calling 1300 652 220 within Australia or +618 8300 6000 when you’re overseas.
- Online and phone banking. Choose between online and phone banking services to help you keep track of your balance, make payments and manage your accounts. The online banking service also lets you send secure messages to Adelaide Bank so you can quickly update your details or ask a question about your account.
- Branch banking partnership. If you want to bank in person, Adelaide Bank’s partnership with Bendigo Bank means you can visit any Bendigo Bank branch for withdrawals and deposits, telegraphic transfers or bank cheques.
How can I apply for an Adelaide Bank credit card?
You can apply for a credit card by filling out the enquiry form on the Adelaide Bank website. Make sure you provide your phone number and details of the best time for someone to contact you about the application.
Alternatively, you can apply by calling Adelaide Bank on 1300 652 220. This phone line is staffed between 8am and 8pm (CST) Monday to Friday and 9am-4pm on weekends and public holidays.
What details will I need to apply?
Before starting the application, you’ll need to confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements by providing your date of birth and Australian residency status. To continue with the application, you’ll also need to provide the following:
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, contact information and a valid form of ID, such as your driver’s licence or passport.
- Employment information. You'll need to provide details of your salary and current employer, as well as any other sources of income (such as government benefits).
- Financial information. This includes any assets, such as savings or shares, as well as debts and regular expenses including rent, mortgage payments and household bills.
During the application, you may also be asked to provide supporting documentation, such as verified copies of your ID and recent payslips or bills. After that, Adelaide Bank will contact you with an outcome once your application has been fully processed.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Adelaide Bank Visa credit card
Compare the features of this no-frills credit card from Adelaide Bank, including up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and a $30 annual fee.
Adelaide Bank Zero Days Interest Free Visa Card
While this Adelaide Bank Visa offers a $0 annual fee for life, make sure you weigh up the other costs and features to decide if it will work for you.
Adelaide Bank 55 days interest-free Visa
With interest-free days on purchases and an offset account-linking option, this card could help you keep costs down across your Adelaide Bank accounts.
Ask an Expert