Coles Gift Cards
Coles offers a variety of gift cards that you can buy and use at the supermarket, at other retailers and with partner brands. Discover your options here.
Whether it’s a birthday, farewell party, graduation or even a seasonal event like Christmas, a gift card provides flexibility for people to get what they really want. A wide range of retailers allow you to buy gift cards both in-store and online, including supermarket giant Coles.
Here, we look at the different gift card options available from Coles and the key features to consider so that you can choose an option that suits your needs.
What types of gift cards does Coles offer?
Coles offers the following types of gift cards to suit different spending habits and needs:
- Coles Gift Card. These gift cards are designed to be used for purchases at Coles supermarkets, Coles Central and BI-LO. Load values range from $5 to $500, and each card comes with a PIN for security. However, Coles Gift Cards cannot be used at Coles Express or Liquorland.
- Coles Group & Myer Gift Card. These cards offer a greater variety of spending options and customisable designs. Coles Group & Myer gift cards are accepted at Coles, Coles Central, Coles Express, Myer, Target, Kmart, BI-LO, Liquorland, Vintage Cellars, 1st Choice Liquor, Officeworks and Kmart Tyre & Auto services. Card design themes include birthdays, weddings, celebrations, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- Coles Express Gift Card. Designed as a fuel gift card, this option is accepted at selected Coles Express service stations across the country. It can be used to pay for Shell fuel, as well as groceries available in-store.
- Coles Gift Mastercard. This Coles-branded gift card can be used around the world, anywhere that Mastercard is accepted. It costs $5 to purchase and can be loaded with up to $1,000.
- eGift cards. Coles offers digital eGift cards that are accepted at Coles, Target, Kmart or Officeworks.
- Store and experience gift cards. Coles also offers a range of gift cards for brands including iTunes, Bunnings, Red Balloon, Events, Village and JB Hi-Fi. These are available for purchase in-store at Coles, but have their own load amounts and terms and conditions that are set out by the specific brand.
What should I consider before buying or using a Coles gift card?
If you’re thinking of giving someone a gift card from Coles or have received one, take note of the following factors:
- Store acceptance. Most Coles gift cards can only be used for spending at specific stores. The Coles Gift Mastercard is the only option that is accepted as a payment option around the world. Keep this in mind and check the acceptance before making a purchase so you can choose a gift card that suits your needs.
- Load amounts. There is a minimum load amount of $5 for Coles-branded gift cards. When it comes to maximum load amounts, the Coles Gift Mastercard allows you to load up to $1,000, while other Coles gift cards allow you to load up to $500 of value.
- Expiry. Coles gift cards are valid for two years from the date of issue. Any balance remaining on the card after this date will not be available for use. You can check the expiry date of your card by visiting the service desk in-store at Coles, or by calling 1300 304 990.
- Lost or stolen cards. Coles gift cards are treated as cash and will not be replaced or refunded if they are lost or stolen.
- Faulty or damaged cards. Faulty or damaged Coles gift cards will not be reissued unless the faults are a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Coles Group, its agents or contractors or a participating retailer.
- Purchasing fee. The Coles Gift Mastercard costs $5 to buy. Other Coles gift cards do not have a fee for purchase, but may attract additional charges for postage if bought online.
- No cash out. You won’t be able to use your Coles gift card to get cash out at the checkout. You also won’t be able to use a gift card to purchase other gift cards.
- Credit card fees. If you buy your gift card with a credit card, it will usually be processed as a cash advance transaction and attract additional fees.
- No rewards. Coles gift cards are not eligible to earn flybuys points. Similarly, if you use a reward credit card to buy a Coles gift card, you won’t earn points for the payment.
While Coles offers a wide variety of gift cards suited to different occasions and needs, they all have specific terms and conditions that should be considered before you make a purchase. If you’re interested in gift cards that can be used elsewhere, you may also want to consider a Woolworths WISH gift card that offers different store acceptance options to Coles.
Images: Shutterstock and Coles.Back to top
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.