Coles Gift Cards and Vouchers
Coles sells gift cards that you use at the supermarket, other stores, online and with partner brands. Here's how they work.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A gift card provides flexibility for people to get what they really want. Lots of retailers allow you to buy gift cards both in-store and online, including supermarket giant Coles.
What types of gift cards does Coles offer?
Coles offers the following types of gift cards:
- Coles Gift Card. These gift cards are designed to be used for purchases at Coles supermarkets. Load values range from $5 to $500, and each card comes with a PIN for security.
- Coles Group & Myer Gift Card. These cards offer a greater variety of spending options and customisable designs. Coles Group & Myer gift cards are accepted at Coles, Coles Express, Target, Kmart, Liquorland, Vintage Cellars, First Choice Liquor, Officeworks, Myer and Myer.com.au. Card design themes include birthdays, weddings, celebrations, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- Coles Express Gift Card. Designed as a fuel gift card, this option is accepted at selected Coles Express service stations across the country. It can be used to pay for Shell fuel, as well as groceries available in-store.
- Coles Gift Mastercard. This Coles-branded gift card can be used around the world, anywhere that Mastercard is accepted. It costs $5 to purchase and can be loaded with up to $1,000.
- Store and experience gift cards. Coles offers a range of gift cards for brands including iTunes, Bunnings, Google Play, rebel, Only 1 Visa, Event Cinemas, Village Cinemas, JB Hi-Fi and many more. Note that every store won't offer the same selection of third party gift cards so you may want to call your local location before heading in.
- eGift cards. Coles offers digital eGift cards that are accepted at Coles, Target, Kmart or Officeworks.
What should I consider before buying or using a Coles gift card?
If you’re thinking of giving someone a gift card from Coles or have received one, take note of the following factors:
- Store acceptance. Most Coles gift cards can only be used for spending at specific stores. The Coles Gift Mastercard is the only option that is accepted as a payment option around the world. Keep this in mind and check the acceptance before making a purchase so you can choose a gift card that suits your needs.
- Load amounts. There is a minimum load amount of $5 for Coles-branded gift cards. When it comes to maximum load amounts, the Coles Gift Mastercard allows you to load up to $1,000, while other Coles gift cards allow you to load up to $500 of value.
- Expiry. Coles gift cards are valid for two years from the date of issue. Any balance remaining on the card after this date will not be available for use. You can check the expiry date of your card by visiting the service desk in-store at Coles, or by calling 1300 304 990.
- Lost or stolen cards. Coles gift cards are treated as cash and will not be replaced or refunded if they are lost or stolen.
- Faulty or damaged cards. Faulty or damaged Coles gift cards will not be reissued unless the faults are a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Coles Group, its agents or contractors or a participating retailer.
- Purchasing fee. The Coles Gift Mastercard costs $5 to buy. Other Coles gift cards do not have a fee for purchase, but may attract additional charges for postage if bought online.
- No cash out. You won’t be able to use your Coles gift card to get cash out at the checkout. You also won’t be able to use a gift card to purchase other gift cards.
- Credit card fees. If you buy your gift card with a credit card, it will usually be processed as a cash advance transaction and attract additional fees.
- No rewards. Coles gift cards are not eligible to earn Flybuys points. Similarly, if you use a reward credit card to buy a Coles gift card, you won’t earn points for the payment.
Comparison of Coles Credit Cards
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
While Coles offers a wide variety of gift cards suited to different occasions and needs, they all have specific terms and conditions that should be considered before you make a purchase. If you’re interested in gift cards that can be used elsewhere, you may also want to consider a Woolworths WISH gift card that offers different store acceptance options to Coles.
Images: Shutterstock and Coles.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: 80% off Memory Foam Mattresses, $215 off Bose QuietComfort headphones, 80% off FitSmart fitness trackers.
Finance tips for getting a high-end look without breaking the bank
SPONSORED: Love the champagne lifestyle but living on a lemonade budget? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
NBA Top Shot review and guide
This in-depth NBA Top Shot review and guide will give you all the necessary information to decide whether you should buy NBA Top Shot NFTs.
July’s best balance transfer credit card offers
Australians are paying interest on over $20 billion of credit card debt, but you can save with one of these 0% balance transfer offers for up to 36 months.
5 COVID lockdown gifts for loved ones in isolation: Under $100
Surprise your loved ones in lockdown with these awesome gift ideas - all under $100.
Coles Rewards Mastercard – Exclusive Offer
The Coles Rewards Mastercard offers a $0 first-year annual fee, $100 off a Coles Supermarket shop and a 0% p.a. interest rate on balance transfers for the first 26 months.
WIN! $2000 worth of eBay vouchers – last chance to enter
Attention online shoppers: We're giving away a $2000 eBay gift card just in time for this year''s EOFY sales. Enter now!
Cole Haan promo codes and coupons July 2021 | Get 20% OFF
For top quality traditionally crafted footwear and accessories for modern men and women shop at Cole Haan. Save with our promos.
Amazon Prime Day gift card deals: Get $50 on the house
Shopping during the Amazon Prime Day sale event could score you a free gift card if you know where to find them.
RelayPay cryptocurrency card and app
FInd out about how RelayPay works, what cryptos and fiat currencies it supports, the fees for using it and safety information.
Ask an Expert