Coles Gift Cards
Coles group offers gift cards that you can buy and use at the supermarket, other retailers and with partner brands. Discover your options here.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A gift card provides flexibility for people to get what they really want. Lots of retailers allow you to buy gift cards both in-store and online, including supermarket giant Coles.
What types of gift cards does Coles offer?
Coles offers the following types of gift cards:
- Store and experience gift cards. Coles offers a range of gift cards for brands including iTunes, Bunnings, Google Play, rebel, Only 1 Visa, Event Cinemas, Village Cinemas, JB Hi-Fi and many more. Note that every store won't offer the same selection of third party gift cards so you may want to call your local location before heading in.
- Coles Gift Card. These gift cards are designed to be used for purchases at Coles supermarkets. Load values range from $5 to $500, and each card comes with a PIN for security.
- Coles Group & Myer Gift Card. These cards offer a greater variety of spending options and customisable designs. Coles Group & Myer gift cards are accepted at Coles, Coles Express, Target, Kmart, Liquorland, Vintage Cellars, First Choice Liquor, Officeworks, Myer and Myer.com.au. Card design themes include birthdays, weddings, celebrations, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- Coles Express Gift Card. Designed as a fuel gift card, this option is accepted at selected Coles Express service stations across the country. It can be used to pay for Shell fuel, as well as groceries available in-store.
- Coles Gift Mastercard. This Coles-branded gift card can be used around the world, anywhere that Mastercard is accepted. It costs $5 to purchase and can be loaded with up to $1,000.
- eGift cards. Coles offers digital eGift cards that are accepted at Coles, Target, Kmart or Officeworks.
What should I consider before buying or using a Coles gift card?
If you’re thinking of giving someone a gift card from Coles or have received one, take note of the following factors:
- Store acceptance. Most Coles gift cards can only be used for spending at specific stores. The Coles Gift Mastercard is the only option that is accepted as a payment option around the world. Keep this in mind and check the acceptance before making a purchase so you can choose a gift card that suits your needs.
- Load amounts. There is a minimum load amount of $5 for Coles-branded gift cards. When it comes to maximum load amounts, the Coles Gift Mastercard allows you to load up to $1,000, while other Coles gift cards allow you to load up to $500 of value.
- Expiry. Coles gift cards are valid for two years from the date of issue. Any balance remaining on the card after this date will not be available for use. You can check the expiry date of your card by visiting the service desk in-store at Coles, or by calling 1300 304 990.
- Lost or stolen cards. Coles gift cards are treated as cash and will not be replaced or refunded if they are lost or stolen.
- Faulty or damaged cards. Faulty or damaged Coles gift cards will not be reissued unless the faults are a result of the production process or otherwise due to the fault of Coles Group, its agents or contractors or a participating retailer.
- Purchasing fee. The Coles Gift Mastercard costs $5 to buy. Other Coles gift cards do not have a fee for purchase, but may attract additional charges for postage if bought online.
- No cash out. You won’t be able to use your Coles gift card to get cash out at the checkout. You also won’t be able to use a gift card to purchase other gift cards.
- Credit card fees. If you buy your gift card with a credit card, it will usually be processed as a cash advance transaction and attract additional fees.
- No rewards. Coles gift cards are not eligible to earn Flybuys points. Similarly, if you use a reward credit card to buy a Coles gift card, you won’t earn points for the payment.
Comparison of Coles Credit Cards
While Coles offers a wide variety of gift cards suited to different occasions and needs, they all have specific terms and conditions that should be considered before you make a purchase. If you’re interested in gift cards that can be used elsewhere, you may also want to consider a Woolworths WISH gift card that offers different store acceptance options to Coles.
Images: Shutterstock and Coles.Back to top
More guides on Finder
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
Gifts Australia promo codes April 2021: Get up to 70% off instantly
Make Gifts Australia your go-to for great gifting ideas and solutions. Score a discount with one of these promo codes.
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
November’s best balance transfer credit card offers: Cut your debt with 0% deals
Get your credit card debt sorted before the holiday season and save on interest for up to 30 months with one of these credit card offers.
Where to buy gift cards with Afterpay online in Australia
Stuck on gift ideas or short on cash? See our comprehensive list of which online retailers offer gift cards with Afterpay.
Credit cards vs buy now pay later
Both buy now pay later plans and credit cards give you ways to pay off purchases over time – here's how they compare.
No interest, flat fee credit cards
New no interest monthly fee credit cards, like the NAB StraightUp and CommBank Neo, offer no interest charges, limits up to $3,000 and only charge a monthly fee when you use it. Read more to find out more about how they work in our comprehensive guide.
12 great Father’s Day gift ideas under $50
With less than a week to go until Father's Day, we're rounding up the top budget-friendly gifts for this year.
Gift Card Store discount codes and coupons April 2021
Check out these discount codes and see how much you could save on the gift of choice at Gift Card Store.
Father’s Day 2020 gift ideas you don’t have to leave the house for
SPONSORED: Spoil your dad this Father's Day with these easy gift ideas. The best part? You don't have to get off the couch!
Ask an Expert