Bank of Queensland (BOQ) offers two credit cards that are linked with its Q Rewards program. You can redeem the points you earn with the BOQ Platinum Visa credit card or the BOQ Blue Visa credit card for gift cards, travel bookings, products from the Q Rewards online store or credit to cover eligible purchases.
You can use this guide to compare BOQ credit cards that earn Q Rewards, learn how you can redeem your points and pick up some tips to get the most out your rewards.
How can I earn Q Rewards points?
You'll receive complimentary membership to the Q Rewards program when you apply and are approved for either the BOQ Platinum Visa credit card or the BOQ Blue Visa credit card. You can compare how many points you'll earn per $1 with each card below:
|Card||Earn rate||Annual fee|
|BOQ Platinum Visa credit card||2 points per $1||$0 first year ($129 thereafter)|
|BOQ Blue Visa credit card||1 per $1 spent||$60|
As well as boasting a higher earn rate, new BOQ Platinum Visa cardholders can also take advantage of a regular bonus points offer. New cardholders can earn 1,000 bonus Q Points each month that they spend $1,000 on eligible transactions for the first 12 months.
What can I redeem my Q Reward Points for?
When it comes to redeeming your reward points, you get numerous options from which to choose, details of which are as follow:
- Merchandise. You can use your Q Rewards to buy apparel, beauty products, luggage and bags, electronics, homewares, jewellery and more on the BOQ Rewards website.
- Credit card costs and cashback. Cut back your credit card costs by using your points to pay for eligible purchases and receive a statement credit back on your account. You can also use your points to cover the cost of your card's annual fee. You can also redeem your Q Rewards for cashback to your account.
- Gift cards and eVouchers. Buy gift cards with partnered brands including JB Hi-Fi, Bunnings, Dymocks, Myer, David Jones, Coles and more.
- Travel. You can redeem your Q Rewards points for flights, accommodation, holiday packages, cruises and rental cars.
- Points transfer. If you belong to a partnered loyalty program like Velocity or flybuys, you can transfer your points to those accounts. For example, you can transfer 3 Q Rewards points for 1 Velocity Point (with a minimum of 30,000 Q Rewards points per transfer).
How do I redeem my points?
If you're ready to spend your points and start picking up some rewards, log on to your internet banking, select your credit card from your list of accounts and select 'Q Rewards/Other card functions'. From there you can view your points balance, browse the latest offers and redeem your rewards. You can also contact Q Rewards on 1300 206 349 to get started.
If you want to know more about these cards, check out Finder's guide to Bank of Queensland credit cards. You can also compare Bank of Queensland's rewards credit cards with other cards that earn points to see which one is right for you.
Frequently asked questionsImages: Getty
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit
cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative
of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular
order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are
subject to our disclaimer.
You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own
personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.