BOQ Q Rewards credit card program
Find out how BOQ’s rewards program for credit cards works, including how to earn points and redeem them for gift cards, travel, shopping and more.
The Bank of Queensland (BOQ) Q Rewards program allows you to earn points for every $1 you spend on your eligible credit card. You can redeem these points for rewards including gift cards, cashback, travel bookings, Flybuys transfers and shopping.
So if you're interested in a BOQ rewards credit card, here's a look at how the Q Rewards program works – including which credit cards earn you points and how you can redeem them.
How can I earn BOQ rewards points with a credit card?
The BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card and the BOQ Blue Visa Credit Card offer Q Rewards Points for all your eligible spending.
You can compare how many points you'll earn per $1 with each card below:
|Card||Earn rate||Annual fee|
|BOQ Platinum Visa credit card||2 points per $1 spent||$65 $129|
|BOQ Blue Visa credit card||1 point per $1 spent||$60|
🔥Tip: Look for introductory bonus point offers on BOQ credit cards if you're not a customer yet. They can give you hundreds and thousands of Q Rewards Points when you first get a card and meet the requirements.
What counts as eligible spending?
You can earn BOQ Q Rewards points when you make an eligible transaction. Eligible purchases exclude cash advances, balance transfers, special promotions, BPAY payments, government-related transactions, ATM charges, transactions made in operating a business, payments to other BOQ accounts and purchases of foreign currency. For the full list of details on eligible spending, see BOQ's terms and conditions.
What can I redeem Q Rewards points for?
There are several ways you can redeem your Q Rewards points, according to the BOQ website:
- Points transfer. With a BOQ Platinum Visa credit card 3 Q Rewards points = 1 Velocity Point and there is a minimum transfer of 30,000 Q Rewards points. You can also transfer points to other loyalty programs, including Flybuys. The transfer rate and other details are not publicly available, so log in to see full details.
- Cashback options. When you use your credit card to pay for eligible purchases, you can receive a statement credit back to your account. You can also use points to pay your annual card fee.
- Gift cards and vouchers. Buy gift cards with partnered brands including JB Hi-Fi, Bunnings, Dymocks, Myer, David Jones, Coles and more.
- Donate to charity. You can use your points to donate to charities like The Fred Hollows Foundation, Australian Red Cross and Starlight Children's Foundation.
- Travel. You can redeem your Q Rewards points for flights, accommodation, holiday packages, activities, cruises and rental cars.
- Shop at Apple. You can use your points to help pay for Apple products, with the value shown when you are logged in to the Q Rewards website.
How much are Q Rewards points worth?
There is no clear fixed dollar value for BOQ Q Rewards Points. It largely depends on what you redeem them for.
As an example, you could $400 worth of Myer digital gift cards for 143,000 points. That's a value of around $2.79 for every 1,000 points redeemed (or 0.279 cents value per point).
But rewards have different values, and BOQ Rewards website does not publicly list the points needed for all of them. So you'll need to have an account and login to see details. You can also calculate the value of your points for different types of rewards, or get an estimate of the value with Finder's points calculator.
How to redeem BOQ Q Rewards points
If you're ready to spend your points and start picking up some rewards, log on to your Internet banking, select your credit card from your list of accounts and select "Q Rewards/Other card functions". From there, you can view your points balance, browse the latest offers and redeem your rewards.
You can browse by specific points ranges or use the search tool to find specific items, including the cashback and annual card fee redemption options.
You can also login through https://www.boqrewards.com/ or contact Q Rewards on 1300 206 349.
If you want to know more about these cards, check out Finder's guide to Bank of Queensland credit cards. You can also compare Bank of Queensland's rewards credit cards with other cards that earn points to see which one is right for you.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
BOQ Platinum Visa Credit Card
A platinum credit card offering 100,000 bonus points, a 0% balance transfer offer and complimentary insurance for travel and shopping.
BOQ credit card complimentary travel insurance
If you don’t want to pay for travel insurance, here’s what you’ll get with an BOQ credit card offering complimentary insurance.
BOQ Low Rate Visa Credit Card
This low rate credit card offers 0% interest balance transfers for the first 18 months. Check out its other features here.
BOQ Blue Visa Credit Card
Get a competitive annual fee and pay down debt with 0% purchase and balance transfer offers or reward your spending with Q Rewards points per $1 spent.
Ask an Expert