Guide to the BOQ Q Rewards credit card program
Earn Q Rewards points as you spend and redeem them for gift cards, cashback, travel and more.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
You can use this guide to compare BOQ credit cards that earn Q Rewards, learn how you can redeem your points and pick up some tips to get the most out your rewards.
How can I earn Q Rewards points?
You'll receive complimentary membership to the Q Rewards program when you apply and are approved for either the BOQ Platinum Visa credit card or the BOQ Blue Visa credit card. You can compare how many points you'll earn per $1 with each card below:
|Card||Earn rate||Annual fee|
|BOQ Platinum Visa credit card||2 points per $1||$64.50 first year ($129 thereafter)|
|BOQ Blue Visa credit card||1 per $1 spent||$60|
As well as boasting a higher earn rate, new BOQ Platinum Visa cardholders can also take advantage of a regular bonus points offer. New cardholders can earn 80,000 bonus Q Points each month that they spend $3,000 on eligible transactions for the first 12 months.
What can I redeem my Q Reward Points for?
When it comes to redeeming your reward points, you get numerous options from which to choose, details of which are as follow:
- Merchandise. You can use your Q Rewards to buy apparel, beauty products, luggage and bags, electronics, homewares, jewellery and more on the BOQ Rewards website.
- Credit card costs and cashback. Cut back your credit card costs by using your points to pay for eligible purchases and receive a statement credit back on your account. You can also use your points to cover the cost of your card's annual fee. You can also redeem your Q Rewards for cashback to your account.
- Gift cards and eVouchers. Buy gift cards with partnered brands including JB Hi-Fi, Bunnings, Dymocks, Myer, David Jones, Coles and more.
- Travel. You can redeem your Q Rewards points for flights, accommodation, holiday packages, cruises and rental cars.
- Points transfer. If you belong to a partnered loyalty program like Velocity or Flybuys, you can transfer your points to those accounts. For example, you can transfer 3 Q Rewards points for 1 Velocity Point (with a minimum of 30,000 Q Rewards points per transfer).
How do I redeem my points?
If you're ready to spend your points and start picking up some rewards, log on to your internet banking, select your credit card from your list of accounts and select 'Q Rewards/Other card functions'. From there you can view your points balance, browse the latest offers and redeem your rewards. You can also contact Q Rewards on 1300 206 349 to get started.
If you want to know more about these cards, check out Finder's guide to Bank of Queensland credit cards. You can also compare Bank of Queensland's rewards credit cards with other cards that earn points to see which one is right for you.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
The ANZ Rewards Platinum Credit Card offers a competitive rewards program, $0 annual fee for the first year, a $500 gift card, a balance transfer offer and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
Finder Awards 2020 Best Rewards Credit Card
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Rewards Credit Card.
Best frequent flyer and rewards credit cards May 2020
Treat yourself with one of these credit cards offering up to 200,000 bonus points and competitive earn rates for your everyday spending.
Summerland Rewards Credit Card
The Summerland Rewards credit card includes a balance transfer offer and earns 1 point per $1 spent and automatically converts rewards to cashback on your account every 6 months.
Ask an Expert