Guide to the BOQ Q Rewards credit card program
Earn Q Rewards points as you spend and redeem them for gift cards, cashback, travel and more.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
You can use this guide to compare BOQ credit cards that earn Q Rewards, learn how you can redeem your points and pick up some tips to get the most out your rewards.
How can I earn Q Rewards points?
You'll receive complimentary membership to the Q Rewards program when you apply and are approved for either the BOQ Platinum Visa credit card or the BOQ Blue Visa credit card. You can compare how many points you'll earn per $1 with each card below:
|Card||Earn rate||Annual fee|
|BOQ Platinum Visa credit card||2 points per $1||$64.50 first year ($129 thereafter)|
|BOQ Blue Visa credit card||1 per $1 spent||$60|
As well as boasting a higher earn rate, new BOQ Platinum Visa cardholders can also take advantage of a regular bonus points offer. New cardholders can earn 80,000 bonus Q Points each month that they spend $3,000 on eligible transactions for the first 12 months.
What can I redeem my Q Reward Points for?
When it comes to redeeming your reward points, you get numerous options from which to choose, details of which are as follow:
- Merchandise. You can use your Q Rewards to buy apparel, beauty products, luggage and bags, electronics, homewares, jewellery and more on the BOQ Rewards website.
- Credit card costs and cashback. Cut back your credit card costs by using your points to pay for eligible purchases and receive a statement credit back on your account. You can also use your points to cover the cost of your card's annual fee. You can also redeem your Q Rewards for cashback to your account.
- Gift cards and eVouchers. Buy gift cards with partnered brands including JB Hi-Fi, Bunnings, Dymocks, Myer, David Jones, Coles and more.
- Travel. You can redeem your Q Rewards points for flights, accommodation, holiday packages, cruises and rental cars.
- Points transfer. If you belong to a partnered loyalty program like Velocity or Flybuys, you can transfer your points to those accounts. For example, you can transfer 3 Q Rewards points for 1 Velocity Point (with a minimum of 30,000 Q Rewards points per transfer).
How do I redeem my points?
If you're ready to spend your points and start picking up some rewards, log on to your internet banking, select your credit card from your list of accounts and select 'Q Rewards/Other card functions'. From there you can view your points balance, browse the latest offers and redeem your rewards. You can also contact Q Rewards on 1300 206 349 to get started.
If you want to know more about these cards, check out Finder's guide to Bank of Queensland credit cards. You can also compare Bank of Queensland's rewards credit cards with other cards that earn points to see which one is right for you.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Citi Rewards Card – Exclusive Offer
Take advantage of a 0% balance transfer offer for 30 months and a discounted annual fee for the first year with this exclusive Citi Rewards credit card offer.
Diners Club Business Card
The Diners Club Business Card can be used to earn points per $1 with over 35 million merchants – including Officeworks, Qantas and Woolworths.
Frequent Flyer Diners Club card
Diners Club isn’t as widely accepted as other cards, but you can still earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 at major retailers with this card.
No interest monthly fee credit cards
New no interest monthly fee credit cards, like the NAB StraightUp and CommBank Neo, offer no interest charges, limits up to $3,000 and only charge a monthly fee when you use it. Read more to find out more about how they work in our comprehensive guide.
NAB StraightUp card
Unlike other credit cards, the NAB StraightUp doesn’t charge any interest but has a monthly fee instead. Find out more here.
Finder Awards 2020 Best Rewards Credit Card
Winner, finalists and methodology for Finder Awards 2020 Best Rewards Credit Card.
Credit Union SA Education Community credit card
Available to people working or studying to work in South Australia's education sector, this card includes a low rate, no annual fee and mobile payments.
All the current bonus frequent flyer and reward points offers October 2020
Bonus points for gift cards, shopping, insurance and more.
How to meet credit card bonus point spending requirements
With most credit card bonus point offers including a minimum spending requirement, here’s what you need to know to meet it and maximise your rewards.
Credit card applications are down – but what about debt?
Rising credit card spending and current debt levels mean you could be missing out on interest savings.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.