Find out the best time to ski in Canada based on the weather, peak seasons and prices.
We’ve discovered the best and snowiest times to visit Canada so that you can get the most out of your winter holiday.
The best time to ski in Canada
December to March.
Skiing in Canada is world renowned and is something that everyone needs to tick off their bucket list.
Visiting Canada between December and March is generally the ideal time if you want the best skiing and snowboarding conditions. If you’re looking to get the best price, travelling during late March to early April is best, as both the crowds and the snow have slowed down as the warmer months begin.
With soaring mountains and pristine lakes, Canada is a popular destination for travellers from around the world. If you can, steer clear of peak periods during Christmas and New Year as these times can draw huge crowds.
As well as this, during school holiday periods Canada becomes crowded, especially in the most popular resorts. Travelling during the shoulder months, after the winter peak and local school holidays but before summer, between late March and early April, means resorts will be less crowded.
Weather and prices
The best time to visit Canada for skiing, weatherwise: December to March, as this is the winter season.
The cheapest time to visit Canada for skiing: Keep an eye out for flight and hotel deals between February and May. Visit from late March to early April as the crowds and prices will have dropped at this time.
The best time to visit Canada’s most popular ski resorts...
- Whistler. At Whistler the ski and snowboarding season can stretch out to almost 200 days, but to get the best snow, February through March is the optimum time.
- Mont Tremblant. As a small village resort, Mont Tremblant is famous for it’s breathtaking views. To get the most out of this beautiful location it’s best to visit between January and March.
- Banff. As one of the Canadian Rockies’ most beautiful areas, Banff peaks from December through to March with winter in full swing.
- Big White. Big White is one of Canada’s most popular ski resorts and the best way to beat the crowds is by going at the start of the winter season or at the end, meaning early December or early March.
- Kickinghorse. To experience Kickinghorse at it’s best, booking from February through March is your best bet.
Hot travel deals to Canada:
Popular Canada travel coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|1 Mar 2019||Sign up for 10% off||********|