Support the RSPCA, enjoy a low introductory rate for 6 months and earn rewards for purchases and balance transfers.
Important InformationThe Bendigo Bank RSPCA Rescue Rewards credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Bendigo credit cards here.
Bendigo Bank RSPCA Rescue Rewards review
This charity credit card allows you to support the RSPCA with a monthly tax-deductible donation of $5 that's automatically debited from your account. It also offers complimentary membership to the Bendigo Bank Rewards program and earns points on both purchases and balance transfers.
In addition to these features, the Bendigo Bank RSPCA Rescue Rewards offers up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. It charges the same interest rate for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances and has a low annual fee of $24.
Benefits of the Bendigo Bank RSPCA Rescue Rewards
Some of the highlights of this credit card include:
- RSPCA donations. The monthly, automatic donations to the RSPCA allow you to support "all creatures great and small" without lifting a finger. In a 12-month period, you'll donate a total of $60 and, at the end of each financial year, you'll also be issued with a receipt that you can submit with your tax return.
- Rewards on balance transfers. The Bendigo Bank RSPCA Rescue Rewards is one of a limited number of cards that offers reward point per $1 spent on a balance transfer.
- Rewards on purchases. This card earns 1 point per $1 spent on purchases. Bendigo Bank may also have bonus point promotions from time-to-time, with current offers listed on the Bendigo Bank Rewards website.
- Low introductory interest rate. This card offers a low rate of 7.89% on purchases and balance transfer for the first 6 months. At the end of this time, a standard variable rate of 19.64% p.a. applies.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, even when you don't pay your balance in full. This is because Bendigo Bank charges interest from the statement date, not the purchase date like most other providers.
- Contactless and mobile payments. This card has Visa payWave technology that allows you to "tap-and-go" for payments of $100 or less when you use it in-store. It's also compatible with Android Pay, allowing you to use a compatible smartphone to make payments with your card.
- Card Security. You can download the free Bendigo Bank Protect+Pay app, which allows you to temporarily block your card if you’ve misplaced it, block specific types of transactions, update your PIN, check your balance, report a lost or stolen card, or cancel the card from your mobile.
Features of the Bendigo Bank RSPCA Rescue Rewards
If you're interested in the Bendigo Bank RSPCA Rescue Rewards, make sure you consider the following features:
- Annual fee. This card has an annual fee of $24.
- Standard interest rate. An ongoing variable interest rate of 19.64% p.a. applies to purchases, balance transfers and cash advances made on this card.
- Foreign transaction fee. This card charges a fee of $3 for each transaction made in an international currency.
- Additional cardholders. You can request a secondary cardholder at no extra cost, allowing you to maximise your account spending and rewards. Note that you will still be responsible for all management and payments to the account.