Bendigo Bank RSPCA Mastercard
No longer offered in the market
The Bendigo Bank RSPCA Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
Balance transfer rate
Interest free period
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank RSPCA Mastercard - DISCONTINUED|
|Balance transfer rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Purchase rate||19.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- Enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- A percentage of your card spend goes to RSPCA Adoptapet program.
- There is no rewards program linked to this card.
- The purchase rate of 19.99% p.a. is relatively high.
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||$3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
How to apply
You can apply for the Bendigo Bank RSPCA Mastercard online. Check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application before you get started:
- Residency status. You must be a permanent resident or Australian citizen.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit score and not be a bankrupt or insolvent.
- Individual cardholders. This card is designed for personal use only. If you're a company, you may want to consider a business credit card instead.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, contact number and relationship status.
- Identification. You'll also need to provide proof of ID such your driver's licence or passport.
- Employment. This includes your role, length of employment, salary and contact details for your employer. You may be asked to provide recent payslips to verify your income. If you're self-employed, you need to include your accountant's details and previous tax assessment notices.
- Finances. You'll be required to include details of assets such as savings or investments. You may also be asked about existing liabilities, debts and expenses such as rent, mortgage payments, electricity bills and food and fuel costs.
- RSPCA donations. With this card, Bendigo Bank donates a percentage of your monthly spend to the RSPCA Adoptapet program. Essentially, this means you could donate money without actually spending any more than you usually would on purchases. You can also opt-in to donate $5 per month from your account, with a receipt issued annually so you can claim them as a tax deduction.
- Choose your card image. You can customise your card with a choice of a cat or dog image at no extra cost. Just choose the image you want when you apply.
- Contactless payments. You can use your card to make contactless payments of up to $100 via Mastercard PayPass.
- Mobile wallets. If you prefer to tap and pay with your smartphone or device, you can link your account to Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay. You can also make contactless payments with your fitness tracker thanks to Garmin Pay and Fitbit Pay.
- Card security. This card offers 24/7 fraud monitoring and no liability for unauthorised transactions made on your account.
- Mastercard benefits. You can use this card online, over the phone and in person all over the world, wherever Mastercard is accepted. You'll also gain access to exclusive travel, shopping and lifestyle offers through the Mastercard Priceless Cities program.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $45 p.a.
- Purchase interest rate. This card charges a variable interest rate of 19.99% p.a. for purchases. This same interest rate also applies to balance transfers.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account balance in full by the due date each statement period, you can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases made with this card.
- Monthly interest calculations. While most credit card providers calculate interest from the date the purchase is made (and charge it monthly on your statement), Bendigo Bank calculates interest from the statement date. This means if you carry a balance, you may be charged less interest than you would with another credit card.
- Cash advances. If you use your card for a cash advance, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll collect the 21.99% p.a. interest rate. You'll also be charged a cash advance fee worth $3.25 or 0.5% of the transaction amount, whichever is greater.
- International transaction fee. When you use this card to make a foreign transaction, whether you're travelling overseas or shopping online with an international merchant, you'll be charged a fee worth 3% of the transaction.
- Additional cardholders. You can request an additional card for your partner or family member at no extra cost. As the primary cardholder, you will still be responsible for managing the account.
- Minimum payment. You're required to pay a minimum of $10 or 3% per month (whichever is greater) each statement period.