Bendigo Bank Low Rate Platinum
Enjoy a 0% interest for 6 months on balance transfers and a low purchase rate of 11.99% p.a. with the Bendigo Bank Low Rate Platinum Credit Card.
The Bendigo Bank Low Rate Platinum charges an annual fee of $89 and gives you access to a selection of platinum perks – including complimentary mobile phone and tablet insurance.
It also offers up to 55 days interest-free during each statement period and charges no interest for the first 6 months on balance transfers (reverts to 11.99% p.a. thereafter).
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
Interest free period
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank Low Rate Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Purchase Rate (11.99% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||11.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$3,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- A low interest rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 6 months, with no balance transfer fee
- Extended warranty and 90-day purchase protection
- Mobile phone and tablet insurance protection
- Does not offer perks like travel insurance or a rewards program
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to applyYou can apply for the Low Rate Platinum Credit Card online by filling out Bendigo Bank's secure application form. To speed up the process, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the information and documents you'll need to complete your application.
- Residency. Permanent Australian residents and Australian citizens are eligible to apply. Temporary residents are eligible to apply as long as you have a 188, 457 or 489 visa, have applied for permanent residency and have at least 12 months remaining on the visa.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, address and relationship status, as well as a valid form of ID such as your driver's licence, Medicare card or passport.
- Income. You'll need to share details of your employment status and salary, as well as any income you get from other sources, such as Centrelink or superannuation.
- Finances. This includes whether or not you have dependents and details of your essential costs and living expenses, including bills, groceries, transport and education.
- Balance transfer. If you're planning to transfer a balance to the Low Rate Platinum, you will need to provide the details of the account from which you're transferring.
- Complimentary smartphone and tablet insurance. If you buy a new smartphone or tablet with this credit card, you can enjoy cover against loss, theft or damage for up to 12 months. Refer to the Bendigo Low Rate Platinum Credit Card Insurance product disclosure statement (PDS) for full terms and conditions for this cover.
- Balance transfer offer. You can take advantage of 0% interest on balance transfers for 6 months, with no balance transfer fee. Any balance remaining at the end of the introductory period will be charged at the purchase rate, currently 11.99% p.a. You can transfer up to 80% of your approved credit limit.
- Interest-free days. You can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on your purchases with this card. This is made up of a 30-day statement cycle when you can make purchases, plus 25 days to the payment due date on your statement. This means number of interest-free days you get depends on when you make a purchase.
- Interest calculations. Bendigo Bank credit cards calculate interest from the statement date. Depending on when you make a purchase, this has the potential to save you a lot of money on interest costs when compared to the charges that would apply on most other credit cards. It also means you can take advantage of interest–free days even if you carry a balance.
- Complimentary purchase insurance covers. Get up to 90 days purchase protection insurance and extended warranty cover for eligible items you buy with your card.
- Best price guarantee. This benefit allows you to claim the difference in costs if you buy an item with your card and see it advertised for a lower price elsewhere within 30 days.
- Mobile payment technology. Make contactless payments from your mobile devices via Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Purchase rate. This card charges a competitive variable rate of 11.99% p.a. on purchases.
- Annual fee. The $89 annual fee for this card is charged on account opening and then once every year on the anniversary of that date.
- Cash advance rate. If you use your card to withdraw cash or for any other cash equivalent transaction, a variable interest rate of 13.99% p.a. will apply from the date of the transaction.
- Cash advance fee. This card charges a cash advance fee of 0.5% of transaction amount or $3.25 (whichever is greater).
- Foreign transaction fee. This card charges a fee of 3% for transactions made overseas or online in a foreign currency.