Bendigo Bank Low Rate Credit Card
Pay 0% interest on purchases for the first 15 months and get a $150 Woolworths Supermarket Gift Card with a new Bendigo Bank Low Rate Credit Card.
The Bendigo Bank Low Rate Credit Card is a no-frills credit card designed to help you keep your card costs low. When you apply by 31 January 2021, you can take advantage of 0% p.a. interest on new purchases for the first 15 months.
Balance transfer rate
for the first 15 months (reverts to 11.99% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||Bendigo Bank Low Rate Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||0% p.a. for 15 months, reverts to 11.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||13.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$500|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- 0% p.a. for 15 months on purchases (reverts to 11.99% p.a. thereafter)
- $150 Woolworths Supermarket Gift Card offer
- Does not offer a rewards program or travel insurance covers
|Minimum monthly repayment||3% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||0.5% or $3.25, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
This card gives you up to 55 interest-free days on purchases and also charges interest from the statement date rather than the date of purchase. This could help give you more breathing room before interest charges apply. It gives you worldwide acceptance through the Mastercard network and is linked to all three major mobile wallets. If you like the sound of this card but are willing to fork out a higher annual fee for extra features, you could also consider the Bendigo Bank Low Rate Platinum card.
How to apply
You can apply for the Bendigo Bank Low Rate Credit Card online. Before you get started, check if you meet the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application:
- New cardholder. To apply for this offer, you cannot hold or have held a Bendigo Bank Low Rate in the previous 12 months.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for this card.
- Credit history. You can only apply for this card if you have a good credit score and you're not bankrupt or insolvent.
- Residency. Permanent Australian residents and Australian citizens are eligible to apply. Temporary residents are eligible to apply as long as you have a 188, 457 or 489 visa, have applied for permanent residency and have at least 12 months remaining on the visa.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you're looking to transfer a balance to this card, Bendigo Bank allows you to transfer from accounts not serviced by Bendigo.
- Personal information. You'll need to provide your full name, address, relationship status and number of financial dependents. You'll also need a valid form of ID such as your driver's licence, Medicare card or passport.
- Income. Confirm your employment status, salary and employer's contact details. You can also provide details of income from sources such as Centrelink or superannuation.
- Finances. You'll need to list your liabilities, assets and any expenses including bills, groceries, transport and education.
- Balance transfer information. If you're planning to transfer a balance, you will need to provide the details of that account.
- 0% interest on purchases for 15 months. Apply and get approved by 31 January 2021 to save with a 0% p.a. interest rate for 15 months on new purchases. When the introductory period ends, an interest rate of 11.99% p.a. will apply for purchases. This includes any purchases you made during the introductory period if you're still paying them off.
- $150 Woolworths Supermarket Gift Card. Save on your supermarket essentials when you apply by 31 January 2021 and spend a minimum of $1,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days from card approval. You will receive the gift card within 60 days of meeting the spend criteria.
- Interest calculations. While most credit cards calculate interest from the date a purchase is made, Bendigo Bank credit cards calculate interest from the statement date. Depending on when you make a purchase, this has the potential to almost halve your interest costs when compared to the charges that would apply on most other credit cards. It also means you can take advantage of interest-free days even if you carry a balance.
- Mastercard benefits. You can use this card online, over the phone and in-person globally wherever Mastercard is accepted. Plus, you can access to exclusive shopping, travel and lifestyle offers through Mastercard Priceless Cities.
- Additional cardholder. You can request an additional cardholder to be added to your Bendigo Low Rate account at no extra cost.
- Mobile payment technology. You can use your smartphone and other eligible devices to tap and pay when you link your account to Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay. You can also make contactless payments using your fitness tracker via Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $45.
- Up to 55 days interest-free. Outside of any purchase rate offers, you can save with up to 55 days each statement period. This interest-free period consists of your 30-day statement cycle, plus the 25 days to the payment due date.
- Balance transfers. If you want to move existing debts to the Bendigo Low Rate Credit Card, you can do so with a balance transfer rate of 13.99% p.a.
- Cash advances. If you make a cash advance transaction with this card, you'll be charged at the 13.99% p.a. variable interest rate. You'll also be charged a cash advance fee of 0.5% of the transaction amount or $3.25 (whichever is greater).
- International transaction fees. You'll be charged 3% of the transaction amount when you use your card for payments in a currency other than Australian dollars.