Save on credit card costs with a competitive ongoing purchase rate, interest-free days and a low annual fee.
Important InformationThe Bendigo Bank Basic Black Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Bendigo credit cards here.
Bendigo Bank Basic Black credit card review
This extraordinary credit card offer has been able to be made because Bendigo Bank has stripped it of all the unnecessary. If you've never really been able to take advantage of a rewards program because it involves spending money that you don't really want to spend just to accumulate reward points, this could be the right card for you. Don't get the wrong idea though, because all the features a good credit card should have, have been retained. Things such as all balance transfers and cash advances are at the same low interest rate and in addition to that, you still get a total of up to 44 days free of any interest charges on every item you purchase.
Benefits of the Bendigo Bank Basic Black credit card
- A low annual fee. This is an affordable card that only offers an annual fee of $45. This gives you a chance to save as much as $200 on annual fees, which is quite significant.
- Competitive interest rates. The interest rates that are offered with this card are quite competitive. The standard rate of 12.24% p.a. applies for purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances.
- Fairer interest on purchases. Interest on purchases does not start with the purchase but only when the statement is drawn up for that particular month. Full payment of balances is encouraged.
- Up to 44 days interest-free. As long as you pay your monthly balance in full, you can take advantage of up to 44 days interest-free on purchases, thus saving you from more interest charges.
- Card Security. You can download the free Bendigo Bank Protect+Pay app, which allows you to temporarily block your card if you’ve misplaced it, block specific types of transactions, update your PIN, check your balance, report a lost or stolen card, or cancel the card from your mobile.
Features of the Bendigo Bank Basic Black credit card
- Interest rates. The low interest rate of 12.24% p.a. remains for balance transfers, cash advances, as well as for retail purchases.
- No costly rewards program. No fancy gimmicks, just great value and useful features.
- Additional cardholders free. Get an additional card at no extra cost.
- Free 24-hour service. You get free 24-hour service on lost or stolen cards.
- Worldwide access. You may access your funds through ATMs and EFTPOS worldwide, as well as Bendigo Bank phone and online banking.
Regular payments from your Bendigo Bank Basic Black credit card
You are able to make regular payments from your Basic Black credit card as you can with any other Bendigo Bank Credit Card. These types of payments can be arranged for instalment purposes or a simple recurring payment. Details may differ for each regular payment as this will depend on the agreement made between yourself, as the card holder, and the merchant who you have authorised to debit the payment from your card. Arrangements such as these can be of assistance when you are paying instalments off a product you have purchased or the rental payments on a product you are renting.
There are four main benefits you can derive when making regular payments from your credit card, these are:
- A saving of both time and money in that it removes the necessity of writing out cheques and posting them
- A way to avoid late fees
- The automatic and instant processing of the payment
- The merchant records you as being a person who meets their obligations
When making regular payments from your Bendigo Bank Basic Black credit card, you will need to record each payment yourself, as few merchants issue receipts for such payments. Regular repayments will show up on statements from the merchant and on your credit card expenditure for the month but in between you can tend to forget the payment was made, as it will occur automatically. You will also need to make sure your merchant is notified when you change cards from another supplier to Bendigo Bank. If this happens and you want to continue payments by the same means, you will have to notify the merchant of the details regarding the new card. It is best if you keep all correspondence that takes place between your merchant and yourself regarding any arrangements concerning regular payments. This will ensure that the right payments are being made at the right time.Back to top