Receive 60,000 bonus Amplify Points or Qantas Points when you apply by 18 April 2018 and meet the spend requirement.
When you apply and are approved by 18 April 2018, and spend $3,000 within 90 days of card approval, you will receive 60,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify Points. The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum Credit Card also offers competitive interest rates and fees, as well as beneficial additional features.
You can also take advantage of additional features like up to 55 interest-free days, complimentary insurance covers and platinum services. There is also no additional fee for the rewards program.
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum|
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Offer end date||18 April 2018|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Bonus Points||60,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum Credit Card review
With a rewards scheme and a competitive purchase interest rate of 19.49% p.a. you can use your Amplify Platinum Card on all purchases from everyday items to larger purchases and emergencies.
You'll also enjoy platinum services like personal concierge service, complimentary insurance covers and interest-free days. As a platinum cardholder, you will also get a minimum credit limit of $6,000, giving you plenty of flexibility when it comes to spending with your Amplify card.
Benefits of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum Credit Card
- Bonus points offer. Apply for a Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum Credit Card by 18 April 2018 and spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval to receive 60,000 bonus Qantas or Amplify Points.
- Choose between two rewards programs Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas. Earn 1 Amplify Point or 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible transactions, uncapped. When making overseas purchases, you'll earn 1 point per $1 spent on Amplify Rewards and 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent.
- Travel insurance. A lot can go wrong when you travel. Travel insurance through your Amplify card can help protect you from problems including flight delay and missed connections. This will give you peace of mind when you travel on holiday, whether for personal or business purposes.
- Extended warranties. When you purchase certain items that come with a manufacturer's warranty with your Amplify Platinum card, you will get an extended warranty that will come into effect when the manufacturer's warranty ends. This is helpful with larger purchases that can be costly to fix or replace.
- Purchase protection. If a newly-purchased item gets damaged or stolen, purchase protection through your Amplify card can help you get a reimbursement or pay for repairs on the item as long as the claim falls within a certain time frame after the original purchase date.
- Up to 55 days of interest-free purchases. When you pay off your credit card's balance by a designated date, you'll be eligible to receive up to 55 days interest-free on purchases. This means you'll only have to worry about paying off the cost of the items instead of that plus the interest rate.
Features of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum Credit Card
Besides from interest-free days, and complimentary insurance covers you'll also be able to benefit from a number of other features.
- Competitive purchase rate. This card's 19.49% p.a. interest rate on purchases is considered to be competitive when compared to other rates.
- Available cash advances. You can choose to withdraw cash from your account with a 20.24% p.a. rate if you need cash on hand.
- Competitive fees. You'll only have to pay a $99 fee with this card. There are no introductory fees, establishment fees, or rewards scheme fees.
- Flexible credit limits. Your minimum credit limit is $6,000 leaving you plenty of room to spend money using your credit card. The maximum credit limit is $80,000.
- Personal concierge service. As a platinum cardholder, you will receive concierge service that can help you make restaurant reservations, order event tickets, and more.
- Additional cardholders. You can choose to add 1 additional cardholder to your account. This can help you earn rewards points faster since purchases on that card will count to the rewards scheme.
How to apply for the Amplify Platinum Credit Card
If you meet the requirements outlined below and wish to apply for the offer, simply complete an online application form. The application process can take about 10 to 20 minutes but you can make it go easier by having the required information on hand before beginning.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- Earn a minimum annual income set by the provider
- Have good credit history with no defaults or bad debt
- To verify your identity you'll need a valid Australian driver's license, passport, Medicare card, and/or birth certificate.
- You'll need to have payslips or similar financial documents on hand to verify your income. This will include supplemental income information like rent from rental properties.
- Have a detailed list of your financial assets and liabilities on hand.
- If you're self-employed you'll need to have your tax information on hand. You may also need your accountant's contact information.
If you're already a Bank of Melbourne customer your application process may be sped up if you apply for this offer through the bank's Internet Banking platform. By doing this some of your personal information will be entered into the application for you.
The Amplify Platinum Credit Card offers a rewards program, competitive rates and fees, as well as additional features that you'll benefit from. Remember to compare available credit card offers to get the deal that is best suited for you.Back to top