Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum Credit Card
No longer offered
This offer for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. Check out the current offer for the Amplify Platinum credit card here.
Balance transfer rate
for 6 months
Per $ spent
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum - DISCONTINUED|
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 6 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$6,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- $400 e-gift card when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of approval
- Uncapped rewards points on eligible purchases
- 0% p.a. balance transfer for 6 months with no balance transfer fee
- Complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance covers
- Gift card options are limited to Sunglass Hut, Sephora or Uber
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
This card earns 1 Amplify Point per $1 spent and the Amplify Rewards program gives you plenty of ways to redeem your points. For example, you could exchange 100,000 Amplify Points for 50,000 Velocity Points, Malaysia Enrich points or Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Miles. It’s also almost enough points to redeem a $500 David Jones eGift Card (110,000 points).
This card also charges a low annual fee compared to some platinum rewards products, and therefore does not offer some of the more premium perks (like airport lounge passes).
How to apply
You can apply for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Platinum card online in 10 minutes and receive a response instantly. Just make sure you've met the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- New cardholder. To be eligible for the gift card promotion, you must apply for a new card and cannot hold or have held an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA in the previous 12 months.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Good credit score. Have good credit history with no defaults or bad debt.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you elect to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian credit, store or credit card accounts not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA.
- Personal information. Including your full name, date of birth, residential address and contact information.
- Proof of identification. To verify your identity, you'll need a valid Australian driver's license, passport, Medicare card or birth certificate.
- Income. You'll need to provide payslips or similar financial documents on hand to confirm your income. This will include supplemental income information like rent from rental properties.
- Employment. You'll need to confirm your current place of employment and provide your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you may need to provide your tax information and your accountant's contact details.
- Balance transfer information. If you're transferring a balance(s), you'll need to provide the amount, account number and BSB number of the card(s) you're transferring from.
- $400 e-gift card. When you apply and are approved by 29 April 2020, you will be eligible to receive a $400 e-gift card for your choice of either Sunglass Hut, Sephora and Uber. To qualify, you will need to spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days. Eligible purchases include most everyday spend, but exclude things like balance transfers and cash advances.
- Rewards points. Enjoy uncapped points potential and earn 1 Amplify Point per $1 spent on eligible transactions. Amplify Points can be auto-redeemed for Velocity Points at a rate of 2:1.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Save and travel with peace of mind thanks to complimentary international travel insurance for trips up to 3 months for you, your spouse and any dependent children travelling with you. You'll be covered for emergency and medical services, travel delay, lost luggage and more. You must use your card to pay for at least $500 of your prepaid travel costs to activate the insurance. Eligibility requirements, exclusions and other conditions apply.
- Extended warranty. When you use your Amplify Platinum card to purchase an item that has a manufacturer's warranty, you will get an extended warranty that will come into effect when the manufacturer's warranty ends.
- Purchase protection. If a newly-purchased item gets damaged or stolen, purchase protection through your Amplify card can help you get a reimbursement or pay for repairs on the item as long as the claim falls within a certain time frame after the original purchase date.
- Balance transfer offer. New customers who apply by 29 April 2020 can repay their debt and save with a 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for the first 6 months. After the promotional period, any balances remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate.
- Mobile payment technology. Enjoy the convenience of making contactless payments using compatible device by adding this card to your Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay wallet.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. Outside of any promotions, this card charges an annual fee of $99 p.a.
- Purchase rate. This card charges a 19.74% p.a. variable interest rate on purchases.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Cash advances. If you use your card for cash advances, such as an ATM withdrawal, you'll collect interest at the 21.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate and will be charged a cash advance fee of 2% or $2.50 (whichever is greater, capped at $150 per transaction).
- Credit limit. You can request a minimum credit limit of $6,000 up to $80,000.
- Additional cardholders. You can earn more points and manage expenses by adding 1 additional cardholder to the account at no extra cost.