AIG Travel Insurance Deals
Access AIG Travel Insurance Discounts for April 2021 and Save
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for border closures
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
With over 50 years on the Australian insurance market, AIG has used its global experience to provide superior insurance solutions to both businesses and individuals. AIG has established itself as one of the leading travel insurance brands in Australia with an award winning range of products offering cover for international and domestic trips and cover options available for mature-age travellers. AIG has always ensured that their great range of products are backed by competitive pricing and now you can save even more on your cover by taking advantage of their exclusive promotion with finder.com.au.
AIG Travel Insurance Discounts for April 2021
Interested in other travel insurance discounts?
How Do I Get to Use the AIG Travel Insurance Promotion Discount
All you need to do to take advantage of this great offer is click on the “Free Quote” link located in the table below and you will be transferred through to the AIG website where you will find the different policy options available. From here you can choose the type of cover you want and enter your details to receive a free quote.
Pros and Cons of AIG
- Cover for a range of different travellers: AIG provides cover options for individuals, couples, families, groups and backpacker trips.
- Cover for mature age travellers: In comparison to many other Australian insurance providers, AIG provides cover for senior travellers aged 70 years and over.
- Superior Travel Assistance: AIG works with the global emergency assistance provider Travel Guard to provide you with 24 hour emergency assistance wherever you are in the world. Travel Guard provides support for your pre-trip and trip-related challenges to assist you through travel related events including;
- Lost passports
- Medical advice
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Comprehensive cover: AIG Travel Insurance policies provide essential cover features and other additional options to ensure you receive the best support and adequate reimbursement in the event of a loss occurring while travelling. Policies include cover for trip cancellation, overseas medical expenses, overseas emergency medical assistance, hire car damage, damage or delayed luggage and much more.
- Free child cover: AIG will not charge you any additional fees to include dependent children on your policy that are under the age of 25, as well as travelling with you for the entire duration of the trip and be financially dependent on you.
- Purchase entirely online: Quotes can be received and cover purchased entirely online.
- Remove the excess on your policy: You have the option to remove the excess on your policy for as little as $15 for single policies or $25 for annual-multi trip policies.
- Exclusions: Each policy will have its own set of exclusions for when a claim will not be paid by AIG. As tedious as it may be, it is important that you are clear on your policy exclusions prior to purchasing your policy. Failure to do so may lead to your claim being rejected and you being left to cover the losses suffered.
- Cover only available to Australian residents: AIG does not currently have a policy offering travel cover to international travellers visiting Australia.
Policies Available with AIG
- Frequent Travellers: Annual-multi trip travel insurance available on domestic and international trips. An unlimited number of trips can be taken in any 12 month period. The length of any one trip must not exceed 45 days and domestic trips must be at least 250 km from your home.
- International Travellers: Provides comprehensive and basic international travel options for families and singles under 70.
- Australian Domestic Travellers: Provides cancellation only and comprehensive travel cover for domestic trips.
- Travellers ages 70+: Provides cover for senior travellers to aged 85. If you are over 85 and interested in taking out cover, you will need to contact AIG and be required to undergo a medical assessment before cover can be provided.
AIG Travel Insurance Fast Facts
- High-value personal belongings: The default amount of cover provided per item is $1,000. You may register high-value items to be covered to a maximum of $4,000 for a premium loading. The maximum value for all items covered is $8,000.
- Extending your trip: For annual multi-trips, cover cannot be extended beyond a period of 45 days. Single trips can be extended as long as the duration of the trip does not surpass 12 months.
- Cancelling your policy: Each policy will have a cooling off period of 14 days from the date it is purchased. Your trip must not have started and the policy must not have already commenced.
- No return ticket: You can still obtain cover for your trip if you do not have a return ticket. Cover will not extend beyond 12 months.
- Emergency contact overseas: AIG has a 24 hour emergency hotline that can be reached at all times while overseas.
- Excess: In the event of a claim, you will be required to pay an excess. The amount of excess you pay will vary on the type of cover you have chosen. Excess can be removed from your policy by paying a small fee.
Who is AIG?
AIG is a world leader in insurance, boasting over 90 years experience providing insurance solutions and superior customer service. AIG serves customers in over 130 countries and is dedicated to continue providing innovative general insurance products that can be tailored closely towards their clients needs. In 2013 AIG Australia was awarded the Australian Business award for excellent service placing AIG above Australia’s elite field of financial institutions. The award was received for AIG’s tailored and competitive claims service, made unique by the introduction of a Claims Account Relationship Manager to act as a constant liaison between client and broker throughout the life of the policy.
So if you are looking to save even more on your travel cover - follow our exclusive link and save.
More guides on Finder
Going up: 4.6 million health insurance customers are missing out on potential savings
Millions of Australians could be missing out saving money on their health insurance policy, according to Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
4.1 million Australians may cut ties with their health insurance provider in 2021
Millions of Australians are shopping around for cheaper health insurance in the new year, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
Bentley Continental car insurance
Learn about insuring a Bentley Continental with a prestige car insurance broker