Don't forget to pack your cruise cover – Virgin Money Cruise Travel Insurance
Virgin Money Cruise Pack Travel Insurance offers a range of travel insurance benefits as well as cover that is tailored to the needs of cruise travellers. You can be protected for:
- Medical cover while cruising
- Evacuation at sea
- Cancellation of pre-paid shore excursions
Apply for cruise cover from Virgin Travel insurance
What does the Virgin Money Cruise Travel Insurance Pack policy cover?
Virgin Travel Insurance offers the following standard benefits to policyholders:
- Overseas medical cover. Unlimited cover is available for overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses and for emergency medical assistance while overseas. Cover is also provided for emergency dental expenses.
- Accidental death and permanent disability. A lump-sum benefit is payable if you suffer an injury on your trip that leads to accidental death or permanent disability.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. This benefit provides cover if you have to cancel your plans due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control.
- Travel delay expenses. If your transport is delayed by circumstances beyond your control, Virgin Money Travel Insurance will provide cover for additional accommodation and meal expenses.
- Luggage and personal effects. This benefit provides cover for repairing or replacing your luggage and personal belongings if they are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Other benefits. The policy also covers alternative transport expenses, travel documents and transaction cards, additional expenses, theft of cash, rental vehicle insurance excess and personal liability.
Purchasing a Cruise Pack adds the following benefits to your policy:
- Medical cover while cruising. You’ll be covered for medical treatment costs on a cruise vessel if you’re injured or fall ill on your holiday. It includes unlimited cover for medical, hospital, surgical and nursing costs.
- Emergency dental expenses. $1,000 of cover per person is available under this benefit.
- Evacuation cover (ship to shore). Unlimited cover is available for emergency assistance if you are injured, fall ill or die while cruising. It includes cover for 24-hour emergency medical assistance, medical transfer or evacuation, hospital guarantees and messages to family. Cover is also provided to return your dependents to Australia if they are left unsupervised after your hospitalisation or evacuation, as is cover for overseas funeral arrangements or repatriation of your remains to Australia.
- Cabin confinement. The Virgin Money Cruise Pack pays an allowance for every 24-hour period you are confined to your cabin or hospital bed due to sickness or injury.
- Pre-paid shore excursion cancellation. If injury or sickness mean you are confined to your cabin or hospital bed and unable to participate in a pre-paid shore excursion, this benefit covers your cancellation fees and lost deposits.
- Formal cruise attire lost or damaged. If your formal wear is stolen, damaged or lost during your cruise, Virgin Money will cover the cost of its repair or replacement.
- Formal cruise attire delayed. You’ll be covered for replacement or hire costs if your formal wear is delayed, misdirected or misplaced for more than 12 hours on the outward leg of your cruise.
- Marine rescue diversion. A daily allowance is payable for up to five days if your vessel is forced to divert from its course to perform a marine rescue.
|Medical cover while cruising||Unlimited|
|Emergency Dental Expenses (per person)||$1,000|
|Evacuation cover - ship to shore||Unlimited|
|Pre-paid shore excursion cancellation||$1,000|
|Formal cruise attire lost or damaged||$1,000|
|Formal cruise attire delayed||$250|
|Marine Rescue Diversion||$500|
What isn’t covered?
Your Virgin Money Cruise Pack Travel Insurance claim will not be paid if:
- You fail to follow the medical advice you receive
- You left your formal cruise wear unsupervised in public or sent it unaccompanied
- Your claim is for marine rescue diversion
- You act in a way that intentionally or recklessly puts yourself or the safety of your luggage and personal effects in harm’s way
- You do not take all reasonable steps to minimise your loss
- Your claim is for consequential loss such as loss of enjoyment
- Your claim arises because you change your plans or because of a breakdown of any personal or family relationship between you and your travelling companion
- Your claim is for loss that is recoverable from another source
- Your claim arises because you participate in manual work
- Your claim arises because of errors or omissions in your travel arrangements or your failure to obtain the appropriate visa for your trip
- Your claim arises due to the insolvency of any airline, transport provider, hotel, car rental agency, travel agency
- Your claim directly results from you intentionally acting illegally or breaching any government regulation
- Your claim arises due to the conduct of someone who enters your accommodation with your consent or whose accommodation you choose to enter
- Your claim is the result of a government authority confiscating, detaining or destroying anything
- Your claim arises because you were riding a motorcycle without a valid licence in Australia or the country you were in
- Your claim arises due to an actual or likely epidemic or pandemic
- Your claim relates to your travel to a country that the Australian government has warned against visiting
- Your claim arises due to an act of war
- Your claim is related to a pre-existing medical condition
- You were travelling against medical advice, or if your claim is related to pregnancy or childbirth and you were travelling past the 23-week mark of your pregnancy
- Your claim arises due to depression, dementia, anxiety or stress
- Your claim arises because you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Any additional cover?
- Snow Pack. You can add a Snow Pack to your Virgin Money Travel Insurance policy by paying an additional premium. This option offers cover for emergency rescue, loss or damage of your own snow sports equipment, snow sport equipment pack, piste closure, bad weather and avalanche closure.
- Adventure Pack. For an additional premium, this pack adds cover for your participation in a wide range of adventure activities. These include abseiling, caving, river tubing, contact sports, deep-sea fishing, scuba diving to depths of 30 metres, Kokoda Track expeditions, hiking between altitudes of 3,000 and 6,000 metres, quad biking, sailing and the use of motorcycles with engine capacities greater than 250cc.
- Increased item limits. You can pay an additional premium to increase the level of cover for high-value items such as cameras, computers, jewellery and formal wear.
- Rental vehicle insurance excess. This optional extra provides cover for the insurance excess you are required to pay when your rental vehicle is damaged, stolen or involved in an accident.
How do I claim?
If you have checked the details of your policy and you’re eligible for cover, you’ll need to notify Virgin Money of your claim as soon as possible. This can be done by completing a claim form, which can be found online, and posting it to the insurer or by calling the contact number on your product disclosure statement (PDS).
You will need to supply any information or documentation Allianz Global Assistance requests to support your claim, which may include police reports, medical reports, valuations, receipts and proof of ownership. Any delays in notifying the insurer of your claim or any failure to provide the necessary information for Allianz Global Assistance to assess your claim could result in your claim amount being reduced.
Full claim details will need to be submitted in writing within 30 days of your return home, and all claims are payable in Australian dollars.
FAQs about Virgin Money Cruise Travel Insurance
Virgin Money Cruise Pack Travel Insurance offers a wide range of benefits to provide protection and peace of mind for your next cruising adventure. Compare its features with those of other cruise travel insurance policies today.