Ensure that you're covered for common travel mishaps in Australia. Consider Virgin Domestic Travel Insurance
When travelling around Australia, you’re not getting as far away from your everyday life as you would be on a round the world trip, but you are able to draw on the relaxing familiarity of the landscape, the weather and the language, to comfortably enjoy your escape. However, don’t let this familiar comfort level draw you into thinking that you are immune from travel delays, disasters and disruptions, as domestic travel plans can be just as easily derailed as international plans.
That is why Virgin Money have developed the Domestic travel insurance plan, which covers you for any travel losses or disruptions anywhere in Australia, excluding where you are visiting Australia as a stopover on international travel.
Enquire Now for a Virgin Comprehensive Travel Insurance Quote for Your Next Domestic Trip
Who Underwrites Virgin Domestic Travel Insurance?
Virgin Australia Airlines Proprietary Limited, the provider of Virgin Australia Only Travel Insurance, is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Proprietary Limited t/a Allianz Global Assistance. Travel insurance is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, which is issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance.
Key Features of Virgin Domestic Travel Insurance Cover
Just as there is still fun and adventure to be had on an Australian holiday, you’re not missing out with having Virgin Domestic Travel Insurance in place. Virgin Money have included all of the benefit you will need to ensure your trip runs smoothly and successfully in the face of unforeseen circumstances. For example, Virgin Domestic Travel Insurance covers you for:
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits: If you have paid for travel and accommodation arrangements in advance and your journey is cancelled or shorted for reasons outside of your control, Virgin will pay for: travel agent cancellation fees up to $1,500 on a single policy and up to $3,000 on a family cover; and for the loss of Frequent Flyer points or similar rewards benefits used to purchase your tickets. If you need to cancel or cut short your trip because of the hospitalisation or death of a relative you will also have cover.
- Additional expenses: Virgin will reimburse you for additional expenses you incur because of an illness or injury which requires immediate medical treatment and causes you to be unfit to travel. This covers additional accommodation expenses and travel expenses and includes cover if your travelling companion is not able to continue the journey because of illness or injury either. Virgin also includes cover in case you, your travelling companion or a relative dies unexpectedly, is disabled by injury or becomes seriously ill and requires hospitalisation, where you are reimbursed for airfares for you to return to the place where your journey was interrupted when you are ready to resume your travel. This feature offers cover up to $15,000 on a single policy and up to $30,000 on a family policy.
- Accidental death: Virgin Money will pay a death benefit if you are injured on your journey and die within 12 months of the injury, or if you disappear and are presumed dead and your body is not found within 12 months. The benefit amount is $15,000 which is paid to your dependents.
- Luggage and personal effects: Your travel insurance can cover specifically listed items individually, or you can be covered for just the unspecified items which are not listed on your Certificate of Insurance. Virgin Money will pay the repair costs or the full value of luggage and personal effects which are stolen, accidentally damaged or permanently lost during your journey. The benefit amount will be calculated according to the depreciated value of the item and the maximum amount for personal computers, video recorders or cameras is $3,000, for mobile phones or PDAs is $1,000 and for all other unspecified items is $750.
- Personal liability insurance: If you incur a legal liability to pay compensation for death, bodily injury or physical loss of or damage to property belonging to someone during your journey, Virgin travel insurance will cover this compensation requirement, if the damage has occurred as the result of an accident.
Going on a Ski Trip? Take Out Optional Sport Cover Feature with Virgin Domestic Travel Insurance
Either you are going to the snow or hitting the golf course, you can benefit from sports cover benefit available with Virgin Domestic Travel Insurance for an additional cost. With sports cover, you can rest assured that Virgin will provide protection that you may require with the following features:
- Own snow sport equipment - up to $4,000
- Snow sport equipment hire - up to $4,000
- Snow ski pack - up to $2,000
- Piste closure - up to $2,000
- Bad weather and avalanche closure - up to $2,000
- Own golf equipment
How can I Purchase Virgin Domestic Travel Insurance?
Virgin Domestic travel insurance is available to travellers of all ages, as long as:
- You are a resident of Australia
- Cover is purchased prior to the commencement date of your trip
- Your journey starts and ends in Australia
You can choose single or family plan if you are looking to take your dependents and/or other family members with you. Virgin travel insurance provides complimentary cover for your dependent children under 24 years old, provided that they are travelling together with you and not employed on a full-time basis. Virgin Domestic travel insurance also offers cover at no extra charge if you suffer from a pre-existing medical condition out of 36 that are listed on the policy. Make sure you read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) carefully to understand what the terms and conditions are. Whether you are travelling to your local wine region, beachside resort or to the other side of the country, whenever you travel you are always travelling at the whim of circumstances outside of your control such as illness, injury, accidents, weather and travel operators, so protect your hard won holiday with a simple, affordable and detailed travel insurance policy from Virgin Money.