If you're travelling on a budget then Virgin Basic Travel Insurance might be the right policy for you
We are more aware than ever of preserving our health and longevity and so take special care of our diet, lifestyle and habits. However, as careful as we are with our health, it is still possible to pick up a virus, or be tripped up by an accidental injury. While in most cases this would simply mean a few days off work and in bed, if you are planning a holiday or have already embarked on a trip when you are struck by illness or injury, your travel plans can quickly be ruined.
That is why you may want to consider travel insurance from Virgin Money, as Virgin has developed a range of travel insurance products, with a specific option for medical benefits only, making the cover affordable, while still giving you peace of mind that your medical bills will be taken care of while you are travelling around Australia or overseas.
Inquire now for Virgin Basic Travel Insurance
Who underwrites Virgin Basic Travel Insurance?
Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd, the provider of Virgin Medical Only Travel Insurance, is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd t/a Allianz Global Assistance. Travel insurance is issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited./p>
Benefit of Virgin Travel Insurance Plans
Travel insurance with Virgin Money gives you peace of mind that you are protected by one of the strongest international financial institutions and you are working with a company which understands your travel needs and has tailored a range of insurance packages, so there is one for your situation. Virgin Travel Insurance policy includes detailed and valuable benefits such as:
- Coverage across all travel providers: While the Virgin brand does offer flight and travel products, Virgin travel insurance will protect you and your carefully laid holiday plans regardless of the airline or provider you are travelling with. You can also feel secure that you are protected by Virgin travel insurance wherever you are travelling to or from.
- Choose your cover level for affordable insurance: Insurance is something it is easy to overlook and dismiss because you can’t see its immediate benefits – it is only when you need it and you want to make a claim that you appreciate the true value and importance of insurance. Even still, travel insurance is another expense when you are planning a trip, which is why Virgin makes it easy to customise your insurance and include only the benefits you want and need. With Virgin Basic travel cover plan, you know you will be looked after wherever you are if you fall sick, without having to pay for other features you may not need, such as multi trip insurance or sports cover.
- On-call assistance: When you are facing a medical emergency, you want to know that help is immediately at hand, especially if you are far from home. That is why Virgin travel insurance has partnered with Allianz Global Assistance to make sure you are able to access emergency medical assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week when you are overseas. This on call assistance includes access to a specialist team of doctors, registered nurses and support staff.
- Easy claims process: Of course, part of offering around the clock medical assistance for your travels, is making sure that you can call and make a claim at any time. Virgin makes it easy to discuss and process a claim over the phone, wherever you are in the world and in most cases the claim can be processed over the phone at the same time. Your Virgin team member will also make sure you understand the whole claims process and walk you through anything else you need to do, or help you find other information you need to provide.
Key Features of Virgin Basic Travel Insurance
By choosing the Basic cover on your Virgin travel insurance, you are provided with emergency medical assistance, so you can be sure your trip won’t be disrupted by health issues and you’ll be able to access any help you need while travelling.
Virgin Basic Travel Insurance includes features such as:
- Single, duo and family cover options.
- Unlimited cover for 24/7 emergency assistance wherever you are in the world.
- Unlimited overseas emergency medical expenses.
- $1000 emergency dental expenses cover.
- Cover for dental expenses of up to $500.
- Personal liability cover of up to $1 million in case of damage or injury to other property or persons during your trip.
You also have the option to tailor your excess, to choose the amount you have to pay when you make a claim on your travel insurance. The standard excess amount is $200 which means that before you receive any benefits, or can complete a claim on your Virgin travel insurance, you need to pay the excess of $200. Alternatively, you can choose to reduce the excess amount to $100 or to $0 keeping in mind that the lower your excess amount is, the higher your monthly premiums will be.
How to apply for Virgin Basic Travel Insurance
Virgin Basic travel insurance is affordable protection cover for travellers who are looking for basic policy to provide a benefit in the event of a medical emergency.
You can apply for travel insurance with Virgin over the phone or online and your whole application can be completed in just a few minutes. All you need to do is to get a quote by following the link below. To be eligible for cover, you must be:
- A resident of Australia
- Be between 16 to 74 years old
- Purchasing your policy prior to the start of your trip
- Commencing and ending your journey in Australia
Once your application is approved you’ll also have a 14-day cooling-off period, during which you can cancel your policy if you change your mind and receive a full refund of any premiums you’ve already paid, as long as you haven’t made a claim or embarked on a trip.
When you apply, it is also important to know that your children who are under 21 years old and travelling with you will be covered for free. Children eligible to be covered under their parent’s or grandparent’s Virgin travel insurance are dependents and not in full time employment. This cover for children under 21 is available on both the single and the family travel insurance policies.