Get corporate coverage tailored for employers and workers overseas with Chubb Travel Insurance.
Chubb Corporate Travel Insurance is designed to protect your business from the many potentially expensive problems and mishaps that can befall your employees when they travel for work purposes. Lost or stolen luggage, crashed rental cars, delayed flights, overseas medical emergencies and a range of other events can all hamper your employees’ business trips, and if you don’t have any travel insurance cover in place your business will have to cover the costs.
Corporate Travel Insurance from Chubb offers protection for your business against an extensive range of corporate travel expenses, including personal accident and sickness, overseas medical expenses and evacuation, lost deposits and cancellation fees, lost and stolen luggage, rental vehicle excess and much more.
With a history in the insurance industry dating back to 1882, Chubb offers its policies through 120 offices in 27 countries around the world.
Who is Chubb Travel Insurance Backed By?
Chubb Corporate Travel insurance is underwritten and issued by Chubb Insurance Company of Australia Limited, which is a member of the Chubb Group of Companies. Chubb began as a marine underwriting firm in New York City in 1882. Today, its insurance products are offered through a worldwide network of 8,500 independent agents and brokers.
Chubb offers a wide range of business insurance solutions to customers around the world. Its Corporate Travel Insurance policy allows businesses to take out comprehensive travel insurance protection for employees embarking on work-related travel.With cover for trips taken either domestically or internationally, this policy provides a wide range of benefits to ensure that your overseas travel commitments don’t have an unnecessary financial impact on your business.Back to top
- Personal accident and sickness. If an insured employee suffers an accident on a work trip that results in bodily injury, Chubb Corporate Travel Insurance provides broad cover. Lump sum benefits are payable for accidental death, permanent total disablement, permanent paraplegia or quadriplegia, permanent and incurable paralysis of all limbs, permanent total loss of sight in one or both eyes, permanent total loss of use of one or more limbs, and permanent and incurable insanity. Smaller benefits are payable for a wide range of other injuries, while weekly injury and sickness benefits are payable in cases of temporary total or partial disablement. Cover is also available for injury or sickness that results in surgery outside Australia.
- Overseas medical and evacuation. If an insured employee suffers a bodily injury or sickness while on a work trip, Chubb will pay up to the sum insured to cover the employee’s medical, hospital, surgical, diagnostic and remedial costs incurred outside Australia. Cover is also available for the accommodation and travel costs incurred by two relatives or travelling companions to travel to or remain with the insured person, while medical evacuation and repatriation are covered as well. Chubb Corporate Travel Insurance also covers the cost of medical costs incurred after the insured person returns to Australia for up to 24 months.
- Chubb Response 24/7. Travellers can access assistance via Chubb Response 24/7 if they experience a medical or other emergency during a journey. The service can be accessed at any time and from anywhere in the world, and it provides access to doctors, medical professionals and specialist consultants.
- Loss of deposits, cancellation and curtailment. When you need to cancel or amend your trip due to unexpected circumstances, for example due to the insured person’s death or illness, cover is provided for the loss of prepaid travel and accommodation expenses.
- Luggage, money and portable electronic equipment. This benefit provides cover for lost, stolen or damaged luggage, portable electronic equipment, money and travel documents.
- Rental vehicle excess. If the insured person’s rental car is damaged, stolen or involved in a collision, this benefit covers the insurance excess charged by the rental company.
- Missed transport connection and overbooked flights. If unforeseeable circumstances cause an insured person to miss a transport connection and they must attend a meeting or conference, this benefit covers the cost of alternative public transport to get them there on time. In addition, if the insured person is denied boarding due to an overbooked flight, Chubb will reimburse the resulting expenses incurred.
- Personal liability and identity theft. Personal liability cover is available if the insured person causes bodily injury to someone else or damages someone else’s property, while the insured person is also indemnified against identity theft while travelling for work purposes.
- Alternative employee or resumption of assignment. This benefit covers alternative employee expenses or resumption of assignment expenses you incur as the result of the insured person’s death or serious sickness or injury. Cover is also provided for alternative employee and resumption of assignment expenses incurred following a covered event under the loss of deposits, cancellation and curtailment benefit.
- Kidnap, ransom, extortion, hijack and detention. This benefit ensures that any extortion or ransom monies paid by your business are reimbursed (up to the sum insured), while cover is also available if the insured person is involved in a hijacking or is wrongfully detained.
- Extra territorial workers compensation. If the insured person suffers accidental death or bodily injury while on a journey within Australia, Chubb provides cover for any compensation benefits your business must pay under any workers’ compensation legislation.
- Political unrest and natural disaster evacuation. If the insured person needs to be evacuated from an overseas country due to political unrest or a natural disaster, the resulting travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
- Lifestyle protection benefits. Other benefits available on the Chubb Corporate Travel Insurance policy include an accidental HIV infection benefit, bed care benefit, coma benefit, dependent child supplement and independent financial advice benefit.
- Corporate protection benefits. Corporate benefits include a chauffeur benefit, childcare benefit and trauma benefit.
If you suffer from a pre-existing medical condition, you should be aware that in certain situations you will not be able to receive any cover under a Chubb Corporate Travel Insurance policy. For example, no cover is available if you’re travelling to seek medical attention for a pre-existing condition, while the loss of life benefit (payable when an insured person dies on a journey as a result of ischaemic heart disease, stroke, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s disease or lower respiratory disease) is not available if death is a result of a pre-existing condition.Back to top
If you wish to make a claim on a Chubb Corporate Travel Insurance policy, you’ll need to notify Chubb in writing as soon as possible after any event or loss. Notification must be given no later than 30 days after the loss or event occurs, and you can get in touch with Chubb via email or post.
You’ll also need to provide original copies of any documentation needed to support your claim. This may include medical certificates, death certificates, police reports, receipts or proof of ownership. Chubb also reserves the right to have any insured person medically examined if required.