Travel Insurance Direct Promo Code and Discounts
Use a TID promo code for great savings on your travel insurance policy.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
Travel Insurance Direct (TID) has grown to become one of the leading travel insurance brands in Australia, providing policies underwritten by leading global insurer Lloyds. It offers a range of comprehensive and basic travel insurance products backed by competitive premiums to ensure you get the right cover for your next trip at the right price. Each policy has a range of additional cover options on offer so you can tailor your policy closer to your needs. Cover options are available as group or single policies and can be taken out on an annual-multi trip and single trip basis.
Save with a Travel Insurance Direct promo code
Here are other discounts available on Finder
Popular Travel Insurance Deals - Coupons coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|4 Jan 2021||Get 25% Off World2Cover Travel Insurance||WW2****|
|4 Jan 2021||Save 5% on your travel insurance when you buy a duo policy with Fastcover||********|
Get quotes for Travel Insurance Direct policies
Pros and cons of taking out cover with Travel Insurance Direct
- Australian-owned and underwritten by Lloyds: You can feel secure knowing that Travel Insurance Direct is 100% Australian owned and underwritten by leading global insurer Lloyds.
- Secure: Travel Insurance Direct has taken great steps to adhere to the requirements of the Privacy Act to ensure that at no stage will your card details be seen, recorded or stored in any way or form.
- Satisfied customers: Travel Insurance Direct knows that they would not be where they are without their customers and have worked hard to deliver superior service to their customers through their experienced team of staff offering 24-hour assistance. Over 1 million Australians have taken out cover with Travel Insurance Direct.
- Broad range of policies on offer: Travel Insurance Direct has policy options to suit the needs of a variety of travellers. There are single and family cover options and policies can be taken out on a single or annual multi-trip basis for international and domestic trips. Comprehensive plans will also include cover for winter sport activities.
- Fast and easy application process: Cover can be purchased entirely online, letting you review different options and the policy terms and conditions within your own time.
- Easy claims process: Travel Insurance Direct clearly outlines what is required in the event of a claim being made in the product disclosure statement. There is 24-hour emergency assistance available to all policyholders and a 24-hour emergency phone line that can be contacted seven days a week.
- Cover can be taken out overseas: You can apply for Travel Insurance Direct even if you are already overseas and don't have a return ticket to Australia booked. What's more, there is no waiting period applied before cover is activated.
- Policy exclusions: As with any travel insurance provider, there will be exclusions applied to the policy where claims will be unable to be paid. These are generally the same for most providers and include such exclusions as alcohol and drug related losses, negligence for lost valuables and self inflicted injury. It is crucial that you have a clear understanding of all policy terms and conditions prior to purchasing your policy.
- Maximum age limit: The following age limits will apply on Travel Insurance direct policies;
- The works and Domestic: Maximum age of 80
- Annual multi-trip and The Basics: Maximum age of 75
Making a claim with Travel Insurance Direct
In the event that you need to make a claim with Travel Insurance Direct, you or one of your travelling companions can download a claims form direct from the Travel Insurance Direct website. You will need to fill out the details of the claim form and submit any necessary supporting documentation online or via post.
Conditions for claim payment:
- Notice must be given of claim as soon as possible
- Any additional material to verify the claim must be included. This may include:
- Police reports
- Valuations of expensive items
- Proof of ownership
- Medical reports
- Statements from airline or transport carrier for lost or damaged items
Travel Insurance Direct Contact Details
Types of policies offered by Travel Insurance Direct
- Single trip: The perfect option for the one-off trip with family cover options available. Receive cover for medical expenses incurred overseas, cancellation costs, luggage and personal effects, rental vehicle insurance excess, emergency evacuation and much more.
- Annual trip: Great for people that travel frequently each year, this policy will provide cover for an unlimited number of trips in any 12-month period. Trips for vacation must be no longer than 38 days and trips for business 90 days.
- Winter sports: Travel Insurance Direct provides cover options for winter sport related activities including snow skiing piste closure, snow skiing benefits, snow skiing replacement equipment and bad weather and avalanche closure.
If the policies offered by Travel Insurance Direct sound like a good option for your next trip, grab a coupon code and save on your next trip today!
How else can I save on my travel insurance cover?
You might have access to a coupon code but there are some other tricks to save on your cover you might not be aware of. These include:
- Determine how much cover you actually need: You may find that your trip only requires a reduced amount of cover and a basic policy is actually sufficient for your trip.
- Purchase cover early: When you purchase travel insurance, you only pay for the period of cover selected. By purchasing early, you can enjoy complimentary cover in the event that you need to cancel your trip for unexpected events outside of your control.
- Compare a range of options: Sure you might of heard of one brand before but neglecting to take the time and compare a range of options could mean you miss out on finding cover that is not only more suitable for your trip but also more competitively priced.
Got some final questions about Travel Insurance Direct?
More guides on Finder
Gifts Australia promo codes January 2021: Get up to 70% off instantly
Make Gifts Australia your go-to for great gifting ideas and solutions. Score a discount with one of these promo codes.
Olight discount codes and coupons January 2021: Get 40% off
Pick up premium flashlights and score a discount with one of these Olight coupon codes.
UGG Express discount codes and coupons January 2021
When it comes to stylish and comfortable footwear, make UGG Express your go-to and score a discount with one of these coupon codes.
Granny flat insurance
Find the right granny flat insurance, whether you're renting yours out or you've moved into one.
How to start a beauty business
From qualifications to getting the right insurance in place, here’s our guide to starting your beautician business.
MAC Cosmetics discount codes January 2021: 30% off: Goodbyes Collection
Pick up fabulous beauty products online for less with the latest MAC Cosmetics discount codes.
How to insure your iPad against theft, loss and accidental damage – including the dreaded cracked screen.
Find out the ins and outs of art insurance and what type of cover is right for you.
TVs are fragile, high-value items that can be insured in various ways. Learn more here.
Ask an Expert