Use the TID campaign code to get great savings on your travel insurance policy
Our Travel Insurance Direct discount codes are the easiest way to save money on your next trip. Travel Insurance Direct (TID) has grown to become one of the leading travel insurance providers in Australia, providing policies underwritten by leading global insurer Lloyds. They offer a range of comprehensive and basic travel insurance products backed by competitive premiums to ensure you get the right cover for your next trip at the right price. Each policy has a range of additional cover options on offer so you can tailor your policy closer to your needs. Cover options are available as group or single policies and can be taken out on an annual-multi trip and single trip basis.
Interested in Other Travel Insurance Discounts?
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteit****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
How do I use my Travel Insurance Direct Campaign Code?
- To use your Travel Insurance Direct campaign code you will first need to enter some initial details to receive a preliminary quote. These are:
- The destination you are travelling to
- The dates that you will be travelling during
- Your age
- You will then be provided with your preliminary quote and details of what you will be covered for under your Travel Insurance Direct policy.
- You will then be provided with additional cover options for your policy. The addition of these will impact the preliminary quote that you are provided with. Additional options you can choose from include:
- Remove policy excess: In the event that a claim is made, Travel Insurance Direct will deduct the first $100. Removing the policy excess will mean that there will be no excess charged on claims. This additional option is available for an additional fee of $25.
- Register valuable items: Travel Insurance Direct will cover personal items to a sub-limit of $700 per item. In the event of a claim, value depreciation of items or the “wear and tear” will be taken into consideration. This option allows you to register additional items to a maximum of $4,000 per item to a maximum of $10,000 in total for all items.
- Car rental excess: If you hire a car from a rental company on your trip and are involved in an accident, Travel Insurance Direct will cover you for up to $6,000 in excess charges from the rental company. Without this option the excess limit is $4,000.
- After entering any additional options for your policy, you will be provided with a final quote. At this stage you will have the option to enter your promotional code. Your premium quote will then be updated and you can proceed through to add any pre-existing medical conditions, review the policy terms and conditions and submit your payment details.
Pros and cons of taking out cover with Travel Insurance Direct
- Australian-owned and underwritten by Lloyds: You can feel secure knowing that Travel Insurance Direct is 100% Australian owned and underwritten by leading global insurer Lloyds.
- Secure: Travel Insurance Direct has taken great steps to adhere to the requirements of the Privacy Act to ensure that at no stage will your card details be seen, recorded or stored in any way or form.
- Satisfied customers: Travel Insurance Direct knows that they would not be where they are without their customers and have worked hard to deliver superior service to their customers through their experienced team of staff offering 24-hour assistance. Over 1 million Australians have taken out cover with Travel Insurance Direct.
- Broad range of policies on offer: Travel Insurance Direct has policy options to suit the needs of a variety of travellers. There are single and family cover options and policies can be taken out on a single or annual multi-trip basis for international and domestic trips. Comprehensive plans will also include cover for winter sport activities.
- Fast and easy application process: Cover can be purchased entirely online, letting you review different options and the policy terms and conditions within your own time.
- Easy claims process: Travel Insurance Direct clearly outlines what is required in the event of a claim being made in the product disclosure statement. There is 24-hour emergency assistance available to all policyholders and a 24-hour emergency phone line that can be contacted seven days a week.
- Cover can be taken out overseas: You can apply for Travel Insurance Direct even if you are already overseas and don't have a return ticket to Australia booked. What's more, there is no waiting period applied before cover is activated.
- Policy exclusions: As with any travel insurance provider, there will be exclusions applied to the policy where claims will be unable to be paid. These are generally the same for most providers and include such exclusions as alcohol and drug related losses, negligence for lost valuables and self inflicted injury. It is crucial that you have a clear understanding of all policy terms and conditions prior to purchasing your policy.
- Maximum age limit: The following age limits will apply on Travel Insurance direct policies;
- International: Maximum age of 81
- Domestic: Maximum age of 81
- Annual multi-trip: Maximum age of 76
Making a claim with Travel Insurance Direct
In the event that you need to make a claim with Travel Insurance Direct, you or one of your travelling companions can download a claims form direct from the Travel Insurance Direct website. You will need to fill out the details of the claim form and submit any necessary supporting documentation online or via post.
Conditions for claim payment:
- Notice must be given of claim as soon as possible
- Any additional material to verify the claim must be included. This may include:
- Police reports
- Valuations of expensive items
- Proof of ownership
- Medical reports
- Statements from airline or transport carrier for lost or damaged items
Travel Insurance Direct Contact Details
Types of policies offered by Travel Insurance Direct
- Single trip: The perfect option for the one-off trip with family cover options available. Receive cover for medical expenses incurred overseas, cancellation costs, luggage and personal effects, rental vehicle insurance excess, emergency evacuation and much more.
- Annual trip: Great for people that travel frequently each year, this policy will provide cover for an unlimited number of trips in any 12-month period. Trips for vacation must be no longer than 38 days and trips for business 90 days.
- Winter sports: Travel Insurance Direct provides cover options for winter sport related activities including snow skiing piste closure, snow skiing benefits, snow skiing replacement equipment and bad weather and avalanche closure.
If the policies offered by Travel Insurance Direct sound like a good option for your next trip, grab a coupon code and save on your next trip today!
How else can I save on my travel insurance cover?
You might have access to a coupon code but there are some other tricks to save on your cover you might not be aware of. These include:
- Determine how much cover you actually need: You may find that your trip only requires a reduced amount of cover and a basic policy is actually sufficient for your trip.
- Purchase cover early: When you purchase travel insurance, you only pay for the period of cover selected. By purchasing early, you can enjoy complimentary cover in the event that you need to cancel your trip for unexpected events outside of your control.
- Compare a range of options: Sure you might of heard of one brand before but neglecting to take the time and compare a range of options could mean you miss out on finding cover that is not only more suitable for your trip but also more competitively priced.
Got some final questions about Travel Insurance Direct?
Q. Is there a cooling off period?
A. Yes. All Travel Insurance Direct policies come with a 14 day cooling-off period where you can cancel your policy and receive a full refund.
Q. Who underwrites Travel Insurance Direct policies?
A. Travel Insurance Direct is underwritten by LLoyds.
Q. Can I purchase cover if I am already overseas?
A. Yes. Cover can be provided if you are already overseas and do not have a return ticket booked.
Q. How much will my policy cost?
A. The cost of cover will be determined by:
- Your age
- The policy you choose i.e basic or comprehensive
- Where you are travelling to
- The length of your trip
Q. What is the maximum period of cover for annual-multi trip cover?
A. The maximum period of cover is 38 days for holiday and 90 days for business travel.
Q. Am I covered for cruise trips?
A. Yes. Cruise trips are covered at no extra cost.
Q. Are kids covered free?
A. Yes complimentary cover is provided to dependent children under the age of 21.
- Find more current travel coupon codes in our travel category.