Earn $100 cashback when you meet the minimum spend criteria. Also enjoy a balance transfer offer, a low purchase rate and a competitive annual fee with the Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card.
The Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card comes with an introductory 0% p.a. balance transfer offer, which stays in place for the first 12 months. Cardholders can also keep interest costs to a minimum with a low standard variable interest rate on purchases. Additionally, you'll also get $100 cashback if you apply by 31 October 2018 and spend a minimum of $3,000 on eligible purchases.
|Product Name||Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 12 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (21.99% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||31 October 2018|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$55 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||3.50% of the transaction amount, with minimum of $3.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||1.50% of the transaction amount (after conversion to Australia)|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- Receive $100 cashback when you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases in the first 6 months.
- A low interest rate on purchases provides you with more freedom when you are unable to make repayments in full.
- This card comes with a long-term balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 12 months.
- This card allows up to 4 additional cardholders.
- There are no interest-free days on purchases. This means you will be charged interest from the day you make a purchase on your card.
Benefits of using a Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card
The Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card comes with various benefits, including:
- $100 cashback offer. Apply by 31 October 2018 and spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases in the first 6 months to receive the $100 cashback. This will be credited to your account within 10 weeks after the minimum spend requirement has been met.
- Low purchase rate. If you want the flexibility of carrying a balance on your credit card, the competitive variable purchase rate of 12.74% p.a. can provide savings on interest fees when compared to other options.
- Balance transfer offer. You can reduce existing debts with 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months. You can transfer up to 80%, subject to credit approval and lending criteria. At the end of the promotional balance transfer period, the standard variable cash advance rate will apply to any remaining balance from the transfer.
- Interest rate for cash advances. A standard variable interest rate of 21.99% p.a. is applied when you use your credit card for cash transactions.
- Visa Entertainment. This Visa service provides cardholders with exclusive access to a range of sports, travel and entertainment offers.
Features of the Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card
Features of the Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card are as follows:
- Annual fee. This card attracts an ongoing annual fee of $55.
- Maximum credit limit. The maximum credit limit available on this card is $20,000. Individual credit limits are subject to the bank’s lending criteria, so you may have a lower credit limit depending on your financial circumstances.
- Access to funds. You can use this card in over 200 countries and territories around the world, anywhere you see the Visa logo. You can also use your card to pay bills and pay for purchases over the Internet and over the phone.
- Repayment methods. You can make repayments in a range of ways, including internet banking, phone banking, direct debit, BPAY, EFTPOS, ATM, in-person at a Suncorp Bank brand and by posting a cheque.
- Visa payWave. This card comes with Visa payWave technology, which enables you to make contactless payments without the need for a PIN when purchases are less than $100.
- Interest-free days. Note that this card does not offer any interest-free days on purchases, so paying outstanding balances as soon as possible is a good idea.
How to apply for the Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card
You can apply for the Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card online in about 10 minutes. The application is simple and you'll get a response within a few moments of completing and submitting it.
Before you begin your application, make sure you meet the following requirements for this card:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must earn at least $25,000 p.a.
If you meet the eligibility criteria for the Suncorp Clear Options Standard card, you can start the application. Make sure you have the following details on hand to fill out the secure online application.
- Your residential status, residential address, email address, and phone number
- Your employer’s name and contact details
- Details about your income and expenses
- Details of assets like property, savings, and investments
- Details of liabilities like credit cards, loans, overdrafts, and lines of credit
The Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card provides competitive value through its cashback offer, standard variable purchase rate and introductory balance transfer offer. But there is no interest-free days offer and you’ll be required to pay an annual fee. As a number of other credit cards offer similar features, take time to compare to ensure that the product you choose is the right one for you.