Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card
Save with a low interest rate and competitive annual fee with the Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card.
The Suncorp Clear Options Standard offers features to help you cut your card costs. It boasts a low 12.74% p.a. interest rate on purchases, a $55 annual fee as well as the conveniences you'd usually expect from a Visa credit card.
|Product Name||Suncorp Clear Options Standard Credit Card|
|Purchase rate||12.74% p.a.|
|Cash advance rate||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$2,000|
|Max credit limit||$20,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- A low interest rate on purchases provides you with more freedom when you are unable to make repayments in full.
- This card allows up to 4 additional cardholders.
- There are no interest-free days on purchases. This means you will be charged interest from the day you make a purchase on your card.
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Cash advance fee||3.5% or $3.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||1.5%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
Sally McMullen is a creative content producer at Finder. Sally has written about credit cards for almost 5 years, authoring almost 900 articles on Finder alone. She has also been published in Yahoo Finance, Dynamic Business, Financy and Mamamia, as well as Music Feeds and Rolling Stone. Sally has a Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies majoring in Journalism (Hons) from the University of Wollongong.
How to apply
You can apply for the Suncorp Clear Options Standard credit card online in around 10 minutes. Before you start, check if you meet the eligibility requirements and have the necessary information to complete the application.
- Income. You must earn at least $25,000 p.a.
- Residency. This card is available to permanent Australian residents.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Credit history. You'll need a good credit score to receive approval. You can check your comprehensive credit report and score for free through Finder.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, contact details, nationality and whether you are an Australian permanent resident.
- Proof of identification. You will also be asked to provide your driver's licence or another valid form of ID, such as your Australian passport (where relevant).
- Employment. You'll be asked for details about your profession, employer's contact details and your salary.
- Finances. This includes your income and assets, such as savings. You will also need to provide details of any other loans or credit cards, along with your regular monthly expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments and utility bills.
- Low purchase rate. This card charges a 12.74% p.a. purchase interest rate, which could help you save compared to other cards with higher interest rates.
- Visa Entertainment. This Visa service provides cardholders with exclusive access to a range of sports, travel and entertainment offers.
- Security. Your card is protected from fraudulent transactions thanks to Verified by Visa, FRAUDSHIELD and Visa Zero Liability. If your card is lost or stolen, you can request and receive a replacement card within 24 hours.
- Samsung Pay. You can link your credit card with Samsung Pay to make contactless payments with your eligible smartphone or smartwatch.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $55 annual fee.
- Cash advance interest rate. A variable interest rate of 21.99% p.a. is applied when you use your credit card for cash advance transactions, such as ATM withdrawals. A cash advance fee of 3.5% of the transaction amount (minimum $3.50) will also apply.
- Credit limit. You can request a credit limit from $2,000 up to $20,000. Individual credit limits are subject to the bank's lending criteria, so you may have a lower credit limit depending on your financial circumstances.
- Interest-free days. This card does not offer any interest-free days on purchases.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 4 additional cards linked to your account at no extra cost.