After cheaper travel insurance premiums? Browse Discount Codes and Coupons for World Nomad's Travel Insurance.
Travel insurance is important for anyone to have, but when you head off overseas on your own or with other like-minded nomads, there are lots of things that can go wrong when you venture away from the normal tourist routes.
This guide looks at World Nomads Travel Insurance; insurance designed with the independent world traveller in mind. It summarises the various levels of cover for overseas medical treatment, theft or damage to belongings, trip cancellation and personal liability, as well as World Nomads’ unique optional covers such as adventurous activities and protection for expensive photographic equipment.
Current Travel Insurance Deals Available on finder.com.au
Show code & visit siteFI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination
How do I apply for cover with World Nomad's?
Applying for World Nomads Travel Insurance is a straightforward procedure. After comparing the policies and levels of cover and deciding which best fits your needs, you can obtain a quote from the World Nomads website in just a few clicks. Follow these easy steps:
Step 1: Obtain a Quote
Simply enter the fields in the featured box on their home page, choosing:
- The countries or regions you intend travelling to
- Your country of permanent residence
- The start date of your journey
- The end date of your journey
- The ages of those travelling with you (or only your age if travelling alone).
Once you've entered your details, click "Get a Price"
Step 2 – Enter discount code and choose your policy
1. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter your finder.com.au code.
2. Click Apply and the discount will be applied!
3. Scroll back up and choose between two policies:
Benefits and disadvantages
- Standard: Great choice for affordability but the coverage is limited in comparison to the Explorer e.g. $3,500 in cancellation costs as opposed to unlimited cover in the Explorer policy.
- Explorer: This is the policy you would select if you are after a premium level of cover with a comprehensive scope of benefits including sports equipment hire or bungee jumping.
Click on either the Select Standard or Select Explorer button at the bottom
Step 3 - Add extras
Specify High Valued Items
For an additional charge, you can add your important possessions into the policy so that you are covered without any depreciation being applied.
Under "High Value Items" simply:
- Enter the name of the item e.g. 2013 Edition IPad
- Provide a value for item e.g. $200
- Click "Add"
- Repeat steps for any other items
Add Cover for Adventure Type Activities
If you have any activities that plan to undertake that need to be covered, make sure you add them in.
- Under "Make sure you're covered for all your adventures":
- Enter adventure/sports/activity and select from the drop down menu
- Click "Add"
- Repeat steps for any more activities
Agree to the terms and conditions
Make sure you read the product disclosure statement and then agree to the terms and conditions.
Step 4 – Personal details
Here's where you will enter your personal information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Mobile Number
- Street Address
Step 5 – Payment
On this page you will have a payment summary of the policy you have choses, any extras you have added and the total cost. Once you are happy with the quote, enter your payment details.
Enter your payment details
You'll need to enter the
- Name on the credit card.
- Card number
- Expiry date
- Security code
Once you're done filling this out, click Buy Now and you're done.
What policies are available from World Nomads?
World Nomads Travel Insurance is flexible travel cover for independent world travellers. With a choice of Standard or Explorer Plans, it covers:
- Emergency overseas medical & dental treatment – includes medical expenses for sudden illness or serious injury, emergency dental treatment, chiropractic, acupuncture and osteopathic treatments, clinical psychology following trauma and daily hospital expenses.
- Medical evacuation and repatriation – transport to the nearest appropriate medical facility after sudden illness or injury.
- Cancellation & trip interruption – cancellations due to sudden illness or serious injury, natural disasters, strikes or lost passports.
- Cover for your belongings - theft or accidental damage of gear such as iPads, laptops and digital cameras up to individual item limits.
- Personal liability – covers third party compensation and legal expenses.
World Nomads also offers Adventure Travel Cover, with different levels of cover for various adventure activities, covering everything from trekking and scuba diving to skiing, boarding and mountain biking.
They also offer special Travel Insurance for Cameras, with varying levels of cover depending on your gear and whether you are a beginner, an enthusiast, a semi-pro or professional photographer.
Who is World Nomads underwritten by?
WorldNomads.com Pty Limited is an authorised representative of Cerberus Special Risks Pty Limited and markets and distributes insurance products of Bupa Denmark (Bupa Global Travel), a branch of Bupa Insurance Limited. World Nomads Limited Company is an appointed representative of Millstream Underwriting Limited. World Nomads (Canada) Ltd is a licensed agent for AIG Insurance Company of Canada. World Nomads Inc provides insurance underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and affiliated companies, Columbus, OH.
Pros and Cons of World Nomads
World Nomads Travel Insurance has a lot to offer the world traveller. Some of their many advantages include:
- The ability to buy or extend your cover even when you are already overseas
- Cover for gear that many travel insurers won’t insure, from iPads and laptops to digital cameras and the option to increase benefit limits on these items
- Lets you claim online while you are still travelling
- Is available to travellers from most countries
- Covers most adventure activities (unlike many other insurers)
- Has exceptional worldwide 24/7 Emergency Assistance if something goes wrong.
- Most pre-existing medical conditions aren’t covered.
How do I make a claim with World Nomads?
World Nomads has made claiming easy in an effort to ensure you get paid as quickly as possible. They have worded their policies clearly to avoid any confusion and their Help Desk is always there if you have questions or need help with your claim.
To claim online, even when you are overseas, simply go to the Claims page and enter your member login and password to begin the claims process. You can also call World Nomads in Australia on 1300 787 375 or from overseas on 61 2 82630400.
World Nomads F.A.Qs
Q: Will my policy cover medical costs if someone becomes mentally unwell?
- A: No, there is no cover for costs arising from any mental illness, including dementia, depression, anxiety, stress, drug or alcohol addiction or eating disorders.
Q: Does my insurance policy cover me for Third Party Claims if I'm driving a friend’s car overseas?
- A: No, this policy does not cover third party liability while you are driving a vehicle. If you injure someone else, damage their property or damage your friend’s car, this will not be covered. You will need to seek this kind of cover from a car insurance company.
Q: If I go on a motorcycle tour as a passenger, but not as a rider, am I covered?
- A: Yes, if you will be riding as a pillion passenger on the back of a motorcycle, we provide cover for this. The rider must be legally licensed to ride a motorcycle and to carry passengers in the country you’ll be travelling in. You’ll also need to be wearing a helmet and obeying the road rules.
Q: My flights were changed on me. Is there is a 'correct' way to go about rectifying this situation with regard to my insurance?
- A: The reason why your flights were changed will determine what the policy can cover. If it was due to severe weather, natural disaster, hijacking or strike, then you are covered. If it was due to a mechanical issue or something within the carrier’s control (e.g. overbooking or change of schedule), you will need to seek compensation directly from the carrier.
Q: Do you cover personal liability while staying in short-term private rentals?
- A: Providing the damage was not caused through intent, malice or gross negligence and the property is not owned by a close relative, co-worker or a member of your travelling party, then cover is provided if you are found liable for the damage.
Q: I am a professional photographer. Will my camera and lenses be covered in case of theft?
- A: If your baggage and personal items are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged during your trip, we’ll pay to the benefit limits in your chosen policy.
Can I cancel my World Nomads policy if I’m not happy with it?
- If you decide to cancel your World Nomads Travel Insurance, you have up to 14 days to do so from the time you are issued with your Certificate of Insurance and before you start your trip (this is your cooling off period). As long as you have not begun your journey and do not wish to exercise any other right under the policy (such as making a claim), then you will receive a full refund of any premiums you have paid.