Access Medibank Private Travel Insurance Discount Codes and Promotions
When it comes to insurance covers in Australia, Medibank has been a household name for years. A well-known provider of health insurance both privately and for Australian companies, their travel insurance policies are just as reliable and easy to use.
The Medibank travel insurance policy options cover a broad range of needs for travellers travelling for both leisure and business with specialised options available to bring a tailored cover solution. Whether you are a backpacking student, family of four, or a globe-trotting executive you will find adequate cover to account for a range of losses including;
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Lost or stolen valuables
- Trip cancellation
- Car rental excess insurance cover
Show code & visit siteFI****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Medibank Travel Insurance Promotions
Medibank-Members get a 10% discount
If you are already a Medibank member receiving health coverage, you will get a 10% discount off of the price of your travel insurance. Click this link to get your discounted insurance.
Medibank-Free global SIM card
When you purchase an international comprehensive travel policy seven days or more before your departure date, you will receive a phone SIM card that can keep you connected in over 180 countries. Click this link to stay in touch when travelling far from home.
How do I purchase insurance cover from Medibank Travel Insurance?
- Enter details of your trip and discount code if available
- Compare the different policy options and quotes for cover
- Review additional cover options
- State whether you have any pre-existing medical conditions
- Enter your details
- Purchase your cover
- Review confirmation of cover
How do I use my Medibank global SIM card?
Purchase your international travel policy at least seven days in advance of your scheduled trip to receive your complimentary global SIM card.
Make sure you purchase your insurance well in advance of your departure date. The free global SIM card will be offered to you via email after you make your insurance purchase.
There are no activation fees with your global SIM card, which can be used with most cell phones and tablets. You will however be charged discounted rates per minute when you make a call.
Pros and cons of Medibank
- Wide range of coverage. Medibank offers a variety of travel insurance options for both domestic and international trips. With their comprehensive overseas plans, you can even construct the insurance policy to the specific region that you will be travelling to.
- Annual coverage. For frequent flyers there is an annual plan which provides cover for an unlimited number of trips in any 12-month period. The policy offers the same comprehensive cover as the single-trip option.
- No limits. With the exception of the annual coverage, there are no limits to the amount of time you are covered by your travellers insurance. Coverage will begin on the day you embark on your journey and cease once you are safely back home.
- Restrictions. There are certain restrictions that apply to the medical coverage portion of the policy. This includes a year limit on medical coverage for an injury or illness and a reduction of those limits for travellers over the age of 70.
Claiming with Medibank
You can submit a claim with Medibank by fax, regular post or email. You will however get the quickest response if you submit your claim online through their web site.
You have up to 60 days after your return to file your claim.
For claims regarding medical care you must report to the 24 hour emergency assistance team if you are admitted into a hospital. This is also the case if your medical expenses are likely to exceed $4,000 Australian dollars.
You will have to provide any supporting information for your claim that Medibank asks for.
About Medibank and its history
Since 1976 Medibank has been providing Australians with a range of insurance solutions to cover their own wellbeing and their assets. Medibanks range of insurance products includes health insurance, travel insurance, pet insurance and life insurance.
Owned exclusively by Australians, Medibank has long-standing relationships with almost every private hospital as well as over 8,000 extras providers..
Types of travel insurance provided by Medibank
Comprehensive for overseas trips. Designed exclusively for travel outside of Australia, the comprehensive insurance package can be fitted for the region that you will be vacationing in. Coverage includes any medical care that you may require along with travel plans coverage and protection for your personal belongings.
Medical only for overseas trips. As some travel insurance covers may be offered by your credit card company or other entity, Medibank offers a reduced policy that will take care of your medical expenses in the event that you fall ill or are injured while travelling.
Multi-trip annual cover. Designed for people who travel often, either for business or for pleasure. This insurance coverage is available both domestically and internationally, providing protection for any medical care and your personal belongings.
Australia-only for domestic trips. Receive comprehensive cover for domestic trips in Australia. This policy includes cover for rental vehicle excess insurance, trip cancellation, luggage and personal items cover.
So if you are looking to save on your travel insurance even more - grab a coupon code and save!