The Latitude GO MasterCard offers a range of interest-free purchase options and rewards. Find out more about these features and get answers to frequently asked questions here.
The Latitude GO MasterCard is designed to provide flexibility and affordability through specialised 0% payment plans at a range of participating retailers. It also includes a rewards program that earns you points for your everyday spending on the card.
This guide answers common questions about the Latitude GO MasterCard. We also explain the different features of the card and how to use them so that you can decide if the GO MasterCard is right for you.
Top FAQs for the Latitude GO MasterCard
These are the most common questions we're asked about the GO MasterCard. We also address FAQs based on specific categories in the sections below.
How do I make a 0% interest purchase?
To take advantage of a 0% Interest Payment Plan in-store, just present your GO MasterCard and photo ID to a sales representative at any participating retailer.
For online purchases, reference your GO MasterCard number or the account number (listed on your statement or via the online service centre) with a participating online store.
Do I have to spend a certain amount to get an interest-free offer?
Each 0% Interest Payment Plan has a minimum spending amount that you must reach to take advantage of the offer. This amount varies depending on the retailer, so it’s important to check the details for each deal you are considering to make sure you are eligible.
How can I find participating Latitude GO MasterCard stores?
Interest-free promotions are available at more than 1,000 retailers including Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, Bob Jane and Michael Hill Jeweller. You can search and browse the participating stores on the GO MasterCard website.
Can I have more than one 0% Interest Payment Plan at a time?
Yes, you can have multiple interest-free payment plans up to your credit limit for the card.
When does the interest-free period start?
The promotional period begins the day of your purchase or on the day it is delivered (where applicable).
When does the promotional period end?
The promotional period varies depending on the individual offer you choose. Details of each promotion are available on your statement or online account.
Can I make other purchases on the card?
You can continue to use your card for regular purchases, cash advances, or other promotional purchases while you are paying back the bill, up to your spending limit.
Latitude GO MasterCard interest rates
The Latitude GO MasterCard has three standard variable interest rates that can be applied to balances on the card:
- Purchase rate. This is the standard rate of interest applied to new purchases if you carry a balance from month to month. It’s currently 22.74% p.a. variable.
- Cash rate. Withdrawing cash from an ATM, using the card for BPAY or making any other cash advance transactions will attract an interest rate of up to 29.49% p.a.
- Expired promotional purchases. This interest rate is applied to 0% Interest Payment Plan purchases when the balance is not paid in full during the promotional period. This rate is currently
Can I get interest-free days for standard purchases?
Yes. The Latitude GO MasterCard offers up to 62 days interest-free on standard purchases if you have paid the balance off in full for both the statement before the purchases were made, and for the statement on which the purchases are listed.
Will I be eligible for interest-free days if I have a 0% Payment Plan purchase on the card?
Yes. The standard interest-free days are available as long as you also pay them off before the end of their respective promotional periods.
I have made a purchase on the card that attracts interest and there is already a balance on the card that does not attract interest. Which balance will be paid first?
Repayments to the card are allocated to the portion of the balance that attracts the highest rate of interest first. In this case, that means the purchase that is attracting interest will be paid off first, with any remaining money going toward the balance that is not being charged interest.
Will I have to pay interest every month?
You can avoid paying interest by paying your bill in full each month if you have made regular purchases with your GO MasterCard. If you have only made promotional purchases you must pay them off prior to the expiration of that promotional period to avoid interest.
Latitude GO MasterCard rewards
The GO MasterCard earns one GO Reward point for every dollar spent on everyday purchases. These points can be redeemed for a wide range of rewards including travel, gift cards, movie tickets, homewares and electronics through the GO Rewards Program website.
Can I earn rewards on 0% Interest Payment Plan purchases?
How can I find my Latitude GO MasterCard rewards points balance?
How do I redeem GO rewards?
Use the following steps to redeem your GO rewards.
- Log in to your Latitude GO MasterCard account via the Online Service Centre
- Select "Rewards" and follow the prompts to browse the rewards available
- Select your reward, then confirm the transaction
The required points will be taken from your account and you will receive confirmation of your reward and details of when it will arrive (where applicable).
GO MasterCard fees
There is a range of other fees that could be charged when you have a Latitude GO MasterCard, including:
- Establishment fee. This card has a .
- Account servicing fee. If you carry a balance of more than $10, you will be charged a monthly account servicing fee of $4.95.
- Paper statement fee. If you request a printed statement for your account, you will be charged per statement.
- Late payment fee. A fee of $20 is applied if you don’t make a payment by the due date.
- Cash advance fee. Withdrawing money and other cash advance transactions will cost $3 or 3% of the transaction (whichever is greater).
- Direct credit advance fee. If you transfer funds from your GO MasterCard to a nominated bank account, you will be charged the greater of $3 or 3% of the total transaction (up to a maximum of $30 per transaction).
- International cash advance fee. A cash advance transaction made in a foreign currency is charged at $4.00 in addition to cash advance fee.
- International transaction fee. A 3% fee is applied for transactions made overseas or in a foreign currency.
- Payment handling fee. Some account payments may attract a $2.50 fee in-person and a $0.95 fee online, for example, those made at Australia Post. You can avoid this fee by making your payments via mail, direct debit or via the Online Service Centre.
I have repaid my balance in full but my monthly statement shows I have been charged a fee. Why?
Why do I have to pay for paper statements?
Do most cardholders wind up going over their limit and paying the additional fee?
Is there a way to avoid late payments?
Activating and using your GO MasterCard
If you have successfully applied for a Latitude GO MasterCard, you should receive it within 5-10 working days. Once you receive your card, follow these steps to activate it:
- Call 1300 462 273.
- Follow the prompts to verify your card.
- Select a PIN for the card.
After these steps your card will be ready for use.
Do I need a PIN for this card?
Yes, this card requires a PIN (Personal Identification Number) for transactions. You can select your PIN when you activate the card.
Does the GO MasterCard have tap-and-go technology?
Yes. This card comes with MasterCard PayPass technology, allowing you to pay for purchases under $100 by simply tapping your card on a compatible card reader.
How much is my credit limit and is it the same as my cash advance limit?
Your credit limit is set based on your individual circumstances and may not always be the same as the cash limit (which is the amount of cash you can withdraw on any given day). You can find these amounts on your statement or through the Online Service Centre.
How can I increase/ decrease my credit limit?
You can apply for a credit limit increase or decrease by calling the Customer Solutions team on 1300 721 394.
Is it easy to get cash advances with my GO MasterCard?
Yes, you can use your MasterCard to withdraw cash from any of the more than 900,000 ATMs around the world that display the MasterCard or Cirrus logo. You can also make withdrawals at any financial institutions that display these logos. Remember that cash withdrawals attract a cash advance fee and incur interest from the day of the withdrawal. They are also not eligible for interest-free days.
Will I receive a monthly statement?
Yes, just like any other credit card you will get a monthly statement that lists your payment amount and due date. There will also be notations about any overdue payments or over-limit amounts.
Will I be penalised if I pay off my balance early?
There is no fee for paying off your bill before the end of the promotional period.
How much can I expect my monthly payment to be?
Your monthly payment is a calculation based on the amount of debt on your card. It is the greater of 3% of the balance or $25, plus any other fees that may be applied to your account.
What is the total additional costs I will have to pay when getting an interest-free purchase, like a 24 months interest-free offer on an air conditioner?
You will be charged $4.95 for each month your 0% Payment Plan purchase balance is $10 or more. You can work out the total cost of this fee by multiplying $4.95 by the number of months the offer lasts. For example, if you have an interest-free offer for 24 months, your calculation would be: $4.95 x 24 = $118.80.
The Latitude GO MasterCard credit card Online Service Centre
Latitude Financial Services has designed the Go MasterCard Online Service Centre to make managing your GO MasterCard easy. This service gives you access to your account details and balance, 0% Payment Plan offers and rewards. You can start using this online banking service by following the steps below:
- Go to the GO MasterCard Online Service Centre homepage
- Click on the "Register" button
- Enter your account details, including your card number and date of birth
- Follow the prompts to confirm your ID and complete your login set up
Once you are logged in, you can check your balance, make payments, set up new statement alerts, redeem rewards and more.
What if I don’t want to use the Online Service Centre?
You can also find out about your account details by calling Latitude Financial Services on 1300 721 394, or by requesting printed statements for an additional $2.50 per month.
What is my Latitude Go MasterCard login?
When you register for the Online Service Centre, you are asked to choose a username and password. These are your login details.
What happens if I forget my GO MasterCard login details?
You can recover your login details by selecting the "Forgotten Username" or "Forgotten Password" option on the Login page.
What happens if I enter the wrong login details for my GO MasterCard?
You have three opportunities to enter the correct login details for your account. After that, your account will be suspended for five minutes. If you continue to enter the wrong details, the account will be locked and you will have to call Latitude Financial Services on 1300 721 394 to unlock it.
Latitude GO MasterCard security features
The GO MasterCard account comes with a number of security features, including:
- Chip and PIN technology. The card is embedded with a secure microchip that encrypts the details stored on the card. It also requires a PIN to verify certain purchases.
- 24/7 fraud monitoring. The GO MasterCard comes with Falcon fraud monitoring to protect you against unauthorised transactions.
- Zero liability policy. This policy reimburses you for unauthorised transactions made on the card.
- MasterCard SecureCode. This is a service you can choose to use for online purchases, which helps verify purchases by asking you a security question or sending you a unique code to enter at the checkout.
Can I change my PIN?
Yes. You can Contact Customer Solutions 1300 721 394 to request a new PIN.
I’m going overseas and want to use this card. Will security features be different?
In some places outside Australia you might still have the option of swiping and signing for purchases instead of using your PIN.
How safe is MasterCard PayPass?
Tap-and-go technology like PayPass is as safe as any chip-enabled credit card. Features such as the fraud monitoring service and Zero Liability Policy also help protect you.
What do I do if my card is stolen?
Contact the Latitude Financial Services lost and found team on 1300 462 273 or +61 3 9425 4886 (overseas) as soon as you discover your card is lost or stolen. This service is available 24/7 and a team member will be able to advise you on a solution based on your circumstances.
What is the first indication that something is wrong with the card?
Latitude Financial Services has an active fraud protection system. If any transaction seems fraudulent, you will be contacted by SMS or phone. This provides instant verification and prevents any loss on the card. If you suspect fraud or your card is lost or stolen, call Customer Solutions on 1300 462 273 as soon as possible.
With a range interest-free payment options and a rewards program, the Latitude GO MasterCard is designed to offer affordability and convenience. Now that you understanding exactly how these features work, you can make an informed decision about whether or not this card suits your circumstances and goals.Back to top