Get a credit card that allows you to enjoy $0 annual fee for the first year and competitive interest rate on purchases.
The Heritage Bank Freedom Visa credit card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Heritage Bank credit cards here.
The Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Card is suitable for making small everyday purchases, given that it comes with a credit limit of $500. Cardholders can get up to 55 interest-free days on purchases. If you have a Heritage Bank transaction account, you can link it to this card, so you end up using a single card. You don’t have to pay an annual fee for the first year.
Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Credit Card review
If you’re looking for a credit card that can help keep your expenses in check, the $500 limit that the Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Card offers could suit your needs.
Benefits of the Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Card
- Annual fee waiver. While this card attracts an $18 annual fee that you have to pay for the life of the card, you don’t have to pay it in the first year. Subsequently, if your purchases exceed $10,000 during any 12-month period, you can look forward to an annual fee waiver in the following year.
- Personalise your card. Heritage Bank gives you the ability to personalise your Visa card using practically any photo, and you can change your card with a new photo as often as you like. Just keep in mind you'll have to pay a nominal fee each time.
- Visa Entertainment. Access to Visa Entertainment brings with it an array of experiences like concerts, cinema, and sporting events, as well as a range of offers and prizes.
Heritage Bank Freedom Visa Credit Card features
- Annual fee. Cardholders don’t have to pay any annual fee for the first year, and they can look forward to an annual fee waiver if their spending exceeds $10,000 in any 12-month period.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your account balance in full at the end of each month you can get as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Personalise your card. By paying a small fee you can get your card to display the photo of a loved one, or any other photo.
- Link transaction account. You can link your Heritage Bank transaction account to your Freedom Visa card, thereby reducing the number of cards you carry.
- Visa payWave. For purchases under $100, you can use this payWave-enabled card to make contactless payments.
- Card security. The microchip technology this card uses protects your credit when using it in-store. When you use this card to make online payments, Verified by Visa provides an extra layer of security.