The Classic Rewards card from Heritage Bank offers a cheaper way to earn rewards points for everyday transactions.
Important InformationThe Heritage Classic Rewards Credit Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Heritage Bank credit cards here.
The Classic Rewards allows you to earn rewards points for using your card to spend and then redeem them for different rewards. In addition you'll pay a low annual fee and enjoy a lower rate on purchases for the 13 months.
Rates and fees overview
- Purchase rate. 8.95% p.a. for the first 13 months, and then 16.75% p.a. after this.
- Annual fee. An annual fee of $55 applies.
- Interest free days. Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Heritage Credits earned. You'll earn one Heritage Credit per $1,000 per month.
Features offered with the Heritage Bank Classic Rewards Card
Heritage Credits reward system
Heritage Bank has a unique rewards system which also rewards loyalty. You'll earn one Heritage Credit per $1,000 spent, and you'll also earn Credits if you keep your account with Heritage for a number of years. This is at the rate of:
- One Credit for each year between 2 - 4 years
- Two Credits for each year between 5 - 7 years
- Three Credits for each year after 8 years
You can then cash these credits in for different rewards such as gift vouchers, homewares, accessories and more.
Visa acceptance and features
This is a Visa card, which means you get the benefit of worldwide acceptance with this card. You can also use Visa payWave, which means you can tap your card on a payWave terminal to pay for purchases of under $100. Finally, you can also buy pre-sale tickets to events through Visa Entertainment and get extra security for online shopping through Verified by Visa.
Access to Heritage and Network ATMs
You can check your balance and get cash advances at any Heritage ATM or Network ATMs, which include Westpac, St.George, BankSA and Bank of Melbourne ATMs.
There are other features which are offered on this card and may appeal to you. They include;
- A minimum credit limit of $1,000 and a maximum of $50,000
- The ability to link your transaction account to the card so you can pay using savings
- The ability to pay for items under $35 without a signature as part of Visa's small ticket transaction service
Pros and cons of the Heritage Bank Classic Rewards Card
- Cheap annual fee for a rewards card
- Low interest rate than many rewards cards
- Personalise your card by having a photo of your choice printed onto it
- Small number of interest free days compared to many other cards
- No option to directly earn Qantas Points or other frequent flyer points