South West Credit Credit Cards
Get competitive rates and fees with a credit card from South West Credit.
This customer-owned bank has a single credit card offering – the Amigo Visa. It is a low rate credit card issued by Community First Credit Union on behalf of South West Credit. Here, you’ll find details about the Amigo Visa, as well as the features and benefits you can access as a member of South West Credit.
Credit cards from South West Credit
What types of credit cards does South West Credit offer?
Low rate credit cards
The South West Credit Amigo Visa offers a low interest rate of 13% p.a. for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers. It also has an annual fee of $60 p.a. and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay the closing balance in full by the due date on each statement.
The benefits of banking with South West Credit
Local head office
South West Credit is based in Warrnambool in Victoria and all staff work from there – so you'll never be put through to a call centre.
If you want to pay off your existing credit card or cards, you can request a transfer to the Amigo Visa at any time. This option is available for Australian credit or store cards with a balance of $500 or more, as long as it is not issued by Community First Credit Union. Interest on your balance transfer will then be charged at the ongoing rate of 13% p.a.
Make tap-and-go payments at the checkout without needing to enter a PIN for purchases under $100. You can also get access to exclusive movie, music and live entertainment ticketing offers through Visa Entertainment, plus travel and retail offers through the Visa Australia website.
You can manage your South West Credit Amigo Visa via Internet and phone banking. You can also access branch services in Warrnambool.
Get peace of mind with Visa's Zero Liability Policy for unauthorised transactions. You can also add a layer of security to online purchases with Verified by Visa.
How to apply for a credit card with South West Credit
South West Credit offers credit card application forms on its website. You can fill out the form via your computer, but will need to print and sign it before returning it to the bank. Alternatively, you can request a callback via the website, or visit the South West Credit branch in Warrnambool.
As part of the application process, make sure you meet the following requirements and have all the details and documents you'll need to submit the form.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Residency. You must be an Australian permanent resident or citizen.
- Income. You must have a regular income from a job that you have been in for at least 3 months.
- Credit history. To apply for a credit card with South West Credit, you must not currently be bankrupt. You also can't have defaults on any loans, credit cards, interest-free finance or store cards in the last 5 years. If you're unsure what details are listed, check your credit file for free before applying.
Details and documents
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, marital status, driver's licence number, residential address, email address and contact number. If you're submitting a joint application, the other person will also have to provide their personal details.
- Account details. You need to provide your South West Credit membership number as part of the application. If you're not already a member, you can apply via the South West Credit website. The application also includes sections for your requested credit limit and the optional additional cardholder.
- Employment details. This includes your employer's name and contact details and your occupation. If you have been with your current employer less than 3 years, you need to provide these details for your previous job as well. You also need to provide copies of your 2 most recent payslips, along with either your 2 most recent PAYG statement summaries or tax assessment notices.
- Financial details. This includes your pre-tax income, other forms of income and assets such as property, vehicles and savings. You also need to share details of your existing loans, debts and other financial commitments.
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.