Save on costs with a My Credit Union credit card that offers low rates and fees.
Use this guide to compare the features and costs of My Credit Union credit cards. We also look at the features and benefits you’ll get as an MYCU member and how you can apply for a credit card from this credit union.
My Credit Union credit cards no longer offered
My Credit Union is not offering a credit card product at this time. This information has been kept for historical purposes and for those who already have a credit card product.
Types of credit cards from My Credit Union
Low rate credit cards
Low rate credit cards
The My Credit Union Low Rate Visa offers a standard variable interest rate of 7.99% p.a. on purchases and 11.99% p.a. on cash advances. It also has a competitive annual fee of $59 and a promotional balance transfer rate for new customers with debt from non-MYCU credit or store cards
Benefits of banking with My Credit Union
Here are the features you can enjoy with a MYCU credit card:
If you have debt on a credit card or store card that’s issued by another provider, you can request a balance transfer to a My Credit Union credit card and enjoy a promotional rate of 4.99% p.a. for the first 6 months. After the introductory period, the standard variable purchase rate will apply for any debt remaining from the balance transfer.
Online and mobile banking
Check your balance, make payments and update your details on-the-go with MYCU Internet banking or the mobile banking app. The MYCU Mobile App also lets you make payments directly from your phone, thanks to Visa payWave functionality.
If you misplace your card, you can temporarily block it through the MYCU mobile banking app. If your card has been lost or stolen, you can call your local My Credit Union branch during office hours, or call 1 800 648 027 any other time. You’ll also have access to emergency card replacement services, the 24/7 Visa Global Customer Assistance service when you go overseas and Visa’s zero liability policy against fraudulent transactions.
You can use a My Credit Union credit card in-store, over the phone and online anywhere Visa is accepted. You can also enjoy the convenience of tap-and-go payments with your card or compatible mobile device and get exclusive ticket and lifestyle offers through Visa Entertainment.
How to apply for a MYCU credit card
You can apply for a credit card from My Credit Union online in around 10 minutes, with conditional approval usually available within 24 hours of submitting your application. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the supporting documentation on hand.
- Are you over 18? You must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card.
- What’s your residency status? You must be an Australian resident to apply for a My Credit Union credit card.
- Have you had previous issues with debt or bankruptcy? To apply for a MYCU credit card, you must never have been declared bankrupt. You also can’t have any judgments or legal actions listed against you for the recovery of debt.
Documents and details
- Personal information. This includes your full name, contact details and identification such as your driver’s licence.
- Employment information. You’ll need to provide your employment status, salary and your employer’s contact information.
- Financial information. This includes income from any other sources, as well as assets such as savings or investments. You’ll also need to share details of any existing card, loans or other debts.
- Household information. This includes your relationship status and details of any dependents, as well as household expenses such as rent, groceries, transport and utility bills.
My Credit Union provides a low-cost credit card with simple features. As this small credit union is based in NSW and only has five branches, you may want to compare other credit union or low rate credit cards to find one that suits your needs.Back to top