Central Murray Credit Union Credit Cards
Find out about the low-cost, simple credit cards available with Central Murray Credit Union.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Central Murray Credit Union (CMCU) offers one, low-cost Visa credit card. Called the Amigo, it offers the same low rate for all transactions, a $59 annual fee and essential security features. It also offers contactless payments, including mobile payments through Apple Pay and Google Pay. You can use this guide to learn more about CMCU credit cards, as well as how to apply if you decide this option fits your needs.
CMCU Credit Card Comparison
Types of cards from CMCU
Low rate credit cards
The CMCU Amigo credit card has an ongoing interest rate for purchases and cash advances. You have the potential to make purchases interest-free if you pay the card's full balance by the due date on each statement. This card has a $59 annual fee that's competitive with other low rate cards, so it's worth comparing your options to choose a card that is right for you.
The benefits of banking with CMCU
Worldwide card acceptance
You can use the CMCU Amigo credit card in-store, online or over the phone with any business that accepts Visa card payments.
Contactless payments and digital wallets
If your card is lost, stolen or compromised, you can contact Visa's 24/7 support line on 1800 648 027. CMCU also offers an Amigo support line (1300 377 800), where you can order replacement cards, activate your card and check your PIN. As well as these support lines, you get cover against the cost of fraudulent transactions through Visa's Zero Liability policy.
Flexible banking options
CMCU offers Internet banking and phone banking options, as well as banking at the branches in Yarrawonga and Cobram. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply for a CMCU credit card
If you want a credit card from CMCU, you can apply online by filling in a secure application form. It's worth noting that the application is hosted by Community First Credit Union, which is the issuer of this card (even though it's managed by CMCU).
To get ready for your application, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the documents and details needed for the application.
- Australian residency status. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Income. You must have a regular source of income and have been in your current job longer than 3 months.
- Credit history. You can apply for a credit card with CMCU if you are not an undischarged bankrupt and don't have any history of outstanding credit defaults listed on your credit file.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
Documents and details
- Personal information. You need to include your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address, phone number and a valid form of ID, such as your driver's licence, passport or Medicare card details.
- Employment details. This covers your current work status, including your main income, job title, length of employment and your employer's contact details. You may also need to provide recent payslips or other financial details to help verify this information.
- Financial details. This includes any other income and assets including savings or investments. You also need to provide details of existing credit cards, loans or other debts, as well as an estimate of your share of regular household spending.
If you have any questions or want to discuss your application with CMCU, you can speak to someone at the Yarrawonga branch by calling 03 5744 3713 or at the Cobram branch by calling 03 5871 2188.
More guides on Finder
Central Murray Credit Union Amigo Visa
Save with a low ongoing interest rate of 12.99% p.a. on all card transactions with a new Amigo Visa credit card.
Ask an Expert
Credit Cards Comparison
* The credit card offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of credit cards finder.com.au has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms 'Best' and 'Top' are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your own personal financial circumstances when comparing cards.