- Large range of connections available - fixed line NBN, satellite, Sky Muster Plus & more
- Month-to-month plans or 12-, 24- and 36-month contracts
- Home lines available with some inclusions
Clear Networks is a provider that focuses on delivering connections to customers who live in challenging rural and regional parts of Australia. It has a full range of different connection technologies available, suiting most customers.
Compare Clear Networks NBN plans below
So long as you have an FTTP connection, Clear Networks has NBN plans representing every speed tier available from the NBN.
Why consider Clear Networks?
Clear Networks plans share the following features:
$39.95 and up monthly
Technology type available
NBN, fixed wireless, satellite, Sky Muster Plus
NBN speeds available
Basic I, Basic II, Standard, Fast
Phone, live chat
Clear Networks works to provide IP networking to some of the more challenging regions of Australia. They have satellite, fixed wireless, fixed-line NBN, and Sky Muster Plus plans on offer.
Clear Network's fixed-line connections have much lower than average typical speeds, especially on the higher speed tiers (e.g. its NBN100 plan has a typical speed of just 70.00Mbps compared to the ACCC average of 84.5Mbps). On top of that, you can't get unlimited data on the faster connections, meaning that your high speed may not be worth much since you'll run out of data.
The flipside benefit of this is that if you're looking for the most basic connection available, you could get 60GB of data on an NBN12 connection for $39.95 per month - which is one of the cheapest NBN plans in our database. This is of questionable value, however, and having low data limits on its faster plans really harm them.
Beyond this, signing onto a contract with Clear Networks is a huge commitment. If you want to cancel out of any of their long-term contracts, you'll have to pay a cancellation fee equal to the full remaining value of the contract, with no upper limit, so make sure you know what you're signing up for.
Joining Clear Networks also gives you:
- Phone packs. Clear Networks has a ton of different call packs that come with a home phone line:
- Basic. Pay as you go calls for $6.95 extra monthly.
- Budget. Slightly cheaper (12c/min vs 15c/min) pay as you go calls for $12.95 extra monthly.
- Standard. Same rates as Budget, but includes 100 calls for $24.95 extra monthly.
- Cap. Unlimited local and national calls for $39.95 extra monthly.
- World. Same as Cap, but includes international calls to some destinations for a flat 20c per call. Costs $49.95 extra monthly.
- Bundling discount. If you sign up to a ClearTalk phone service, you will receive a $10 monthly discount on your broadband plan.
Is Clear Networks right for your needs?
- Wide variety. Whether it's NBN or satellite, Clear Networks has a broad set of plans to suit anyone's needs.
- Cheap low-data plans. If you really don't need that much data, you can get very limited Internet plans for $20 or $30 cheaper than regular unlimited plans.
- Slow speeds. Every single one of Clear Networks' fixed-line connections have typical speeds that are significantly slower than the ACCC averages for their tier.
- Limited data on high tiers. You can't get unlimited data on fixed line NBN50 or NBN100 plans.
- Expensive phone plans. You have to pay nearly $40 per month just to get free calls in Australia, not even including mobiles.
- Heavy early termination fees. If you cancel your plan early, you'll have to pay the full remaining value of the contract.
Summary: Clear Networks stands out as a regionally focused provider, but lags behind on its typical evening connection speeds.
Check out Clear Networks fixed wireless plans here
Can't get a fixed-line connection but still in range of a signal tower? Clear Networks has a set of fixed wireless plans with different data limits.
Take a look at Clear Networks satellite plans below
Clear Networks has a bunch of different satellite plans available, including Nite for people who mostly use data overnight, and Education plans for students.
Start comparing Clear Networks Sky Muster Plus plans here
On a Sky Muster Plus plan, most common online activities won't chew into your data allowance, except for video streaming and VPN activity.
Clear Networks Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cancel my Clear Networks NBN plan?
Can I get call packs with Clear Networks' Internet plans?
More guides on Finder
Best Cyber Monday deals you can still get today: Up to 70% off
Black Friday is now over, but you can still pick up stacks of Cyber Monday deals that are every bit as good.
How a pink trading platform dominated New Zealand
Sharesies boasts 500,000 Kiwi customers - or one-tenth of the New Zealand population.
Woolworths vs Coles: Which paid membership is better? [VIDEO]
Is it worth spending more with Everyday Extra or Coles Plus?
Savings with Sarah #10
Aussies are predicted to spend $30 billion this festive season. Here's 7 key tips on how you can save on gift-buying.
Cyber Monday laptop deals 2023
Access deals and discounts of up to 65% off laptops from Dell, Microsoft, HP and more in the 2023 Cyber Monday sale event.
Standing desk sale: 35% off at Omnidesk for Cyber Monday
Upgrade your home office this Cyber Monday with 35% off ergonomic standing desks from Omnidesk.
Cyber Monday iPhone deals 2023
If you're looking for iPhone deals in this year's Cyber Monday sales, check out our roundup of the very best discounts around.
Virgin flights to Uluru: How many points do you need?
Can you get a red-hot deal for the red centre?
How to avoid a Christmas debt hangover
11% of us are putting our holiday shopping on plastic.
Black Friday Weekend: Today’s 25 best deals
From cutting-edge gadgets to deluxe mattresses, these are the best Black Friday deals you can get over the weekend.
Get the best deal on your Internet plan
Find out our expert picks for the best NBN plans this month.
See what Finder users are loving with our top 10 Internet providers.
We've rounded up the fastest Internet providers and plans around.
Ask an Expert