SpinTel offers broadband services in NBN areas, as well as via ADSL2+. Here are the plan details you need to consider.
What services does SpinTel offer?
SpinTel is a full range ISP, with a comprehensive collection of ADSL and NBN broadband plans for customers. For those keen to add a home phone to their service, SpinTel caters with bundles designed to offer included standard calls to Australian numbers, or PAYG solutions for those just after the security of a home phone line. There's also a range of SIM-only mobile broadband plans on offer, which run on the Optus 4G network that covers 98.5% of the Australian population.
What voice options are provided?
SpinTel provides bundled phone services with its month to month ADSL and 24 month ADSL contracts, as well as all NBN plans.
The standard included package provides 12c local calls, 20c/minute national calls with a 39c flagfall and mobile calls charged at 34c/minute with a 39c flagfall. For $10 per month, standard local and national calls are unlimited, while an additional $20 per month will give you unlimited standard calls to Australian mobile numbers as well as local and national landlines.
What happens if I exceed my monthly download limit?
Should you use more data than your monthly allotment, SpinTel plans are designed to automatically add a 10GB data block automatically. Each data block costs $3, and is added to your monthly invoice.
If you prefer to not pay for extra data, you can opt to disable the Auto Data Block function. Doing so means that exceeding your monthly allowance will slow down your broadband connection speed to 256kbps.
Pros and cons
- Easy to understand NBN plans. SpinTel simply bumps the price up by $10 for each speed tier on its NBN plans.
- Uploads not counted on NBN plans. Your data quota is only depleted by downloading content, not sending it up to the Internet.
- Choice of excess penalty. Shaping is a nice safe way to maintain bill levels, but it can suck if you really do need the speed for a limited time. Being able to opt for a 10GB data boost, but not forced to is a nice option to have.
- Entry level phone bundles charge for timed calls. Voice as a sales proposition is astonishingly cheap these days, so being charged for phone calls feels somewhat quaint.
- No Unlimited plans for faster NBN speed tiers. Opt for 100Mbps speed tiers, and Spintel's included data drops from unlimited to 1000GB.
For more broadband news, deals and offers, follow and subscribe below
Latest broadband news
If you've been left in the lurch due to the cable NBN pause, you're going to have to wait even longer simply to find out when work will recommence. Read more…
If you paid for Optus NBN speed you couldn't get, you may be entitled to your money back. Read more…
Harbour ISP offers flexible fixed wireless plans for Aussies outside the NBN's fibre rollout. Read more…
A new modem-router can significantly improve the performance of your home network in a number of key ways. Read more…
Not quite sure what VoIP is? Then this easy-to-understand guide is just what you need. Read more…
Best suggestions to protect yourself from the Internet's shady side. Read more…