Tomi is redesigning NBN plans with more useful features. See what you can get with Tomi, and compare the options
Tomi broadband plans
Tomi offers both 12 month contract and non-contract plans. They’re the same, with the only difference being that monthly non-contract plans have a $99 activation fee while 12 month contract plans have no activation fees.
What services does Tomi offer?
Tomi is entirely dedicated to flexible and cost-effective NBN broadband plans, and doesn’t offer bundled home phone, ADSL or other options you might not need. Instead, it includes features to help you get more out of your internet, and nothing else.
- PauseTime. If you’re going away, you don’t need to keep paying for a connection you won’t be using. Simply login and turn PauseTime on or off as needed, for up to 28 days per 12 month period.
- Unlimited, consistent plans. No data caps, no speed shaping and no peak or off-peak limits. Just consistently high quality and high speed fibre broadband.
- Straightforward costs. There’s the monthly cost and the setup fee, and that’s all, other than the few potential extra charges listed below. Prices are easy to compare, and it’s easier to see whether you’re getting value for money.
- Switch plans as needed. You can switch to higher speed or lower speed plans as needed, once every 6 months, without incurring any charges and while maintaining the same contract terms.
How much does Tomi broadband cost?
The main cost of your broadband plan includes the monthly costs above, and a $99 activation fee, applicable only to non-contract plans. Other than this, there are only a handful of other potential costs.
- Hardware. Tomi plans include an NBN modem, the cost of which is added to your first monthly bill. The modem is new and covered by a full manufacturer’s warranty of up to 3 years, depending on your chosen modem.
- Early termination fee. If you cancel a plan early, a termination fee may apply.
- Credit card fee. Paying for your plan with credit card incurs an additional fee. You can avoid this by paying with direct debit instead
What additional services are included?
With all the included Tomi modems you get multi-device wireless broadband around your home or business. The includes modems are all at the current forefront of technology to make sure you have the hardware to take full advantage of your high speed NBN connection.
You can also track your internet usage and see where your data is going by logging into your account on the Tomi website. Because all plans are unlimited you don’t have to worry about data caps, but this can help you find a plan with speeds that are right for you, to find the ideal balance of speed and affordability.
Combined with the ability to change plans without any costs, you can find the NBN plan that’s right for you, even as your needs change or more devices are added to your network.
Pros and cons
- Unlimited. Unlimited plans only, and a full range of speeds that you can change free of charge
- Pause Time feature. PauseTime feature to let you save, and not pay for internet while you’re away.
- No hidden charges. Clear costs with no hidden charges, and plans to avoid activation fees
- Phone plans. No bundled phone plans
- Pay TV plans. No bundled pay TV plans
For more broadband news, deals and offers, follow and subscribe below
Latest broadband news
This week, nbn's numbers reveal that 54,000 FTTN customers can't reach speeds over 25Mbps, while the ACCC has some good news about CVC bandwidth. Read more…
2.4 million Australians now connected, and here are all the stats. Read more…
500GB broadband plans can let you stream Netflix for 714 hours per month, compare plans here. Read more…
Australia's largest broadband provider offers a range of plans specifically catered to business needs. Read more…
This week in broadband news, nbn goes on the offensive about speeds while towns around the country are voicing their frustration. Read more…
Get your Internet connected without paying for line rental with an Internode Naked DSL plan. Read more…