Tomi is redesigning NBN plans with more useful features. See what you can get with Tomi, and compare the options
Tomi broadband plans
Tomi offers both 12 month contract and non-contract plans. They’re the same, with the only difference being that monthly non-contract plans have a $99 activation fee while 12 month contract plans have no activation fees.
What services does Tomi offer?
Tomi is entirely dedicated to flexible and cost-effective NBN broadband plans, and doesn’t offer bundled home phone, ADSL or other options you might not need. Instead, it includes features to help you get more out of your internet, and nothing else.
- PauseTime. If you’re going away, you don’t need to keep paying for a connection you won’t be using. Simply login and turn PauseTime on or off as needed, for up to 28 days per 12 month period.
- Unlimited, consistent plans. No data caps, no speed shaping and no peak or off-peak limits. Just consistently high quality and high speed fibre broadband.
- Straightforward costs. There’s the monthly cost and the setup fee, and that’s all, other than the few potential extra charges listed below. Prices are easy to compare, and it’s easier to see whether you’re getting value for money.
- Switch plans as needed. You can switch to higher speed or lower speed plans as needed, once every 6 months, without incurring any charges and while maintaining the same contract terms.
How much does Tomi broadband cost?
The main cost of your broadband plan includes the monthly costs above, and a $99 activation fee, applicable only to non-contract plans. Other than this, there are only a handful of other potential costs.
- Hardware. Tomi plans include an NBN modem, the cost of which is added to your first monthly bill. The modem is new and covered by a full manufacturer’s warranty of up to 3 years, depending on your chosen modem.
- Early termination fee. If you cancel a plan early, a termination fee may apply.
- Credit card fee. Paying for your plan with credit card incurs an additional fee. You can avoid this by paying with direct debit instead
What additional services are included?
With all the included Tomi modems you get multi-device wireless broadband around your home or business. The includes modems are all at the current forefront of technology to make sure you have the hardware to take full advantage of your high speed NBN connection.
You can also track your internet usage and see where your data is going by logging into your account on the Tomi website. Because all plans are unlimited you don’t have to worry about data caps, but this can help you find a plan with speeds that are right for you, to find the ideal balance of speed and affordability.
Combined with the ability to change plans without any costs, you can find the NBN plan that’s right for you, even as your needs change or more devices are added to your network.
Pros and cons
- Unlimited. Unlimited plans only, and a full range of speeds that you can change free of charge
- Pause Time feature. PauseTime feature to let you save, and not pay for internet while you’re away.
- No hidden charges. Clear costs with no hidden charges, and plans to avoid activation fees
- Phone plans. No bundled phone plans
- Pay TV plans. No bundled pay TV plans
For more broadband news, deals and offers, follow and subscribe below
Latest broadband news
Increased competition has created an extremely competitive market where price is a key differentiator. Read more…
ACCC alleges that Optus tried to shove HFC cable customers onto NBN plans too rapidly. Read more…
TPG has dropped its 50/20 NBN plan pricing in line with NBN Co's new pricing strategy. Read more…
If your business is still waiting on the NBN, Optus's ADSL plans offer a smooth upgrade path to tide you over. Read more…
Can the national broadband provider pull off this miracle simply by changing wholesale prices? We investigate. Read more…
Optus joins the compensation bus after misleading NBN customers but it won’t be the last. Read more…