Earn points with your choice of Amplify Rewards or Qantas Points and save on credit card costs with a 0% p.a. for 18 months balance transfer offer.
Giving you the choice to earn points with one of two lucrative rewards programs, the Amplify credit card is a competitive offering from the Bank of Melbourne. As a card that’s giving you access to the rewards of a premium credit card without the high card costs, take a look at the possibilities offered by the Bank of Melbourne Amplify below.
|Product Name||Bank of Melbourne Amplify Card|
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 18 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Cash Advance Rate (20.24% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.49% p.a.|
|Offer end date||18 April 2018|
|Annual fee||$79 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$79 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2%|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||1|
- Enjoy a long-term balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 18 months.
- You can enjoy up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Flexibility to choose from 2 great reward programs, Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas and have membership fee waived for new cardholders.
- Until you have paid off any amount owning under a balance transfer in full, up to 55 days interest-free will not apply.
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies.
|Rewards Program||Amplify Rewards|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Bank of Melbourne Amplify Card review
The Bank of Melbourne Amplify Card is the lower-cost card in the Amplify range. Cardholders can enjoy a choice between the Amplify Rewards and Amplify Qantas program. The minimum available credit limit is $500.
Benefits of Bank of Melbourne Amplify Card
- Balance transfer offer. This card offers 0% p.a. for 18 months on balance transfers (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee) if you apply by 18 April 2018. The rate reverts to the variable cash advance rate after the promotional period ends.
- Amplify Rewards. You will earn 1 Amplify Point per $1 spent if you link your card to the Amplify Rewards program.
- Amplify Qantas. With Amplify Qantas program, you will earn 0.5 Qantas Points for every $1 spent on your card.
- Redeeming points. You can redeem Amplify Rewards through travel rewards, including domestic and international flights on major airlines, accommodation, holiday packages and more through Amplify Travel. Other options include redeeming airline points or miles through Virgin’s Velocity program, Singapore Airlines’ Krisflyer or Malaysia Airlines’ Enrich program. The Amplify Qantas program, on the other hand, lets you redeem points for flight upgrades, award seats, plus a range of other travel-related rewards. You can also redeem Qantas Points with one of their 35 partner airlines plus redeem award seats on Jetstar flights.
Features of the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Card
- Competitive interest rate. You’ll be charged a rate of 19.49% p.a. on purchases and 20.24% p.a. for cash advances.
- Annual fee. The card attracts an annual fee of $79.
- Additional cardholder. You can add an additional cardholder to your account for $0.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your closing balance in full by the statement due date you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on purchases.
- Contactless payments. As this is a Visa card, you can make contactless payments for transactions that are under $100.
How to apply for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Card
To apply for the Bank of Melbourne Amplify Card, you must complete an online application. But first, check if you meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a permanent Australian resident
- Have a good credit rating
- Be looking for a credit limit that is between $500 and $80,000
Your online application should take between 10 to 15 minutes to complete, after which you’ll receive a response as to whether you’ve been approved. If you’re an existing Bank of Melbourne customer you can apply through internet banking. If you’re not an existing customer, you’ll need the following details to complete your application:
- Your driver’s licence number
- Your weekly after-tax income
- Financial details including your assets, savings and investments
- Details of your debts and liabilities including repayment amounts and balances owing