Receive 25,000 bonus Reward Points after your first eligible spend with an ANZ Rewards Visa Card.
The ANZ Rewards Visa Card allows you to earn uncapped points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, with a treasure trove of valuable rewards including flights and other travel, gift cards, merchandise and cashback. Apply for this card now, be approved and take advantage of 25,000 bonus points when you make one eligible purchase in the first 3 months from card approval.
|Product Name||ANZ Rewards Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Balance Transfer Limit||95% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||18.79% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$80 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||20.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$80 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||The greater of 2% of cash advance amount or a minimum of $4.00|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$65|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Receive 25,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points when you make an eligible purchase in the first 3 months from card approval.
- It only gives you up to 44 interest-free days on purchases as opposed to other cards that offer up to 55 days.
|Rewards Program||ANZ Rewards Program|
|Bonus Points||25,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the ANZ Rewards Visa Card
Check out these benefits of the ANZ Rewards Visa:
- Bonus Reward Points. Apply, be approved and make one eligible purchase within the first 3 months from card approval to receive 25,000 bonus Reward Points. To give you an idea, you could redeem them for 12,500 Velocity Points or a $100 David Jones gift card (22,225 Points).
- Earn rewards points per $1 spent. The ANZ Rewards Visa has standard earn rates of 1 Reward Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $1,000 per statement period, then 0.5 Reward Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $1,000 per statement period.
- ANZ Rewards options. The ANZ Rewards program allows you to redeem your points for travel rewards, merchandise, shopping vouchers and gift cards. You also have the option of cashback for your points, which can be applied to any of your ANZ accounts. Plus you can choose your reward in advance and it will automatically be sent to you when you reach your point goal.
- Flexible frequent flyer reward options. Instead of being limited to one airline rewards program, you can earn points and transfer them to a frequent flyer account with Velocity, Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific Asia.
- Additional cards. For an annual fee of $65 per card, you can get up to 3 additional cards for your family members to use. These cards also earn points for your account. Note that you will still be held responsible for keeping the account in good standing.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay let you use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
Features of the ANZ Rewards Visa Card
Keep the following features in mind for the ANZ Rewards Visa when comparing other cards:
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $80 p.a.
- Interest rates. The interest charged to your purchase balance is 18.79% p.a. (variable). For cash advance transactions, such as ATM withdrawals or foreign currency purchases, a standard variable interest rate of 20.99% p.a. applies.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement, your purchases won’t begin accruing interest for up to 44 days after they have been made.
- Credit limit. Your minimum credit limit on the rewards Visa card will be $1,000.
How to apply for an ANZ Rewards Visa Card
Apply online for the ANZ Rewards Visa card if you are able to meet the following requirements.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this rewards credit card.
- Residency status. Australian permanent residents and citizens are eligible to apply for this card. Temporary residents of Australia and New Zealand citizens are also welcome to apply, but will need to meet specific conditions. Visit the ANZ website, a branch or call 13 13 14 for more information.
- Minimum income. Australian residents earning at least $15,000 annually will be considered. If you are a temporary or non-permanent Australian resident, you must earn at least $50,000 per annum, hold a valid 457 working visa and have at least 9 months remaining from the date of application.
- Identification. This could be your driver’s licence or passport. If you are a Visa holder you will also need to provide information from those documents.
- Financial details. You will be asked about your income, expenses, assets and liabilities.
- Employment details. This includes your role, salary and your employer’s contact details. For those who are self-employed, ANZ will require information about your accountant.
The ANZ Rewards Visa is an entry-level rewards credit card that has a reasonable earn rate and flexible reward options. It has a competitive annual fee when compared to some other reward credit cards, but doesn’t offer many extras. As there are a number of rewards credit cards on the market, you’d be good to compare your options to find the ideal card for you.