ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card
Receive a complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and boost your rewards balance with 25,000 bonus Qantas Points.
Designed for modest credit card spenders, the ANZ Frequent Flyer gives you a way to earn Qantas Points for your everyday spending and exclusive offers through Visa Entertainment.
Balance transfer rate
Per $ spent
|Product Name||ANZ Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Balance transfer rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Balance transfer limit||95% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||20.24% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$1,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Available to temporary residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
- Get 25,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first months from card approval.
- Earn uncapped Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
- The rate of 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 is lower than some of the other rewards cards in the market that have comparable annual fees
- The earn rate drops to 1 Qantas Points / $1 at a low $500 threshold.
|Rewards program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards points per $ spent||0.5|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$20|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% or $4, whichever is greater|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||$5|
|Additional cardholder fee||$65|
|Number of additional cardholders||3|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
How to applyIf you've compared a range of cards and decided you want to apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer, you fill out a secure application online in around 5 minutes. Before you get started, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Residency requirement. Citizens and permanent residents of Australia are eligible to apply. If you are a non-Australian permanent resident, you must have an eligible working or business visa with at least 9 months remaining.
- New cardholder. The bonus point offer is only available for new customers who have not held any ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card products in the last 12 months. This includes ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, Platinum and Black cards that you may already have or that you previously had in the past year.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit rating to apply for this card. If you're not sure what your credit score is, you can get your credit score and a comprehensive credit report for free through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, residential address, email address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Employment details. You'll need to provide your current job title, your income from work and your employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you can provide your accountant's contact details to help confirm these details. You'll also need to provide documents that verify your income, such as recent payslips or tax assessment notices from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- Financial details. This includes any other forms of income, such as government payments and benefits, pensions or savings. You'll also need to provide details of existing debts and credit cards, as well as an estimate of your regular household expenses, such as rent or mortgage payments, bills and groceries.
- Frequent flyer details. You need to be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and will need to provide your account details to be able to earn Qantas Points through this credit card. If you're not already a member, you can join for free when you apply for this card – saving you $99.50 on the standard Qantas Frequent Flyer joining fee.
- 25,000 bonus Qantas Points offer. Receive 25,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $1,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months from card approval.
- Qantas Points per $1 spent. This card earns 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $500 per statement period. It then earns 0.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent for the remainder of the statement period. The definition of eligible purchases covers most everyday spending categories, including groceries, dining, travel, petrol and retail shopping. Transactions that don't earn you points include cash advances, balance transfers, fees and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes.
- Bonus partners. This card offers 1 additional point per $1 spent with Qantas when you use it to pay for Qantas flights with a QF flight number, as well as Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club joining and annual fees. You can also earn additional Qantas Points when shopping with any ANZ Bonus Partners. These partners may change at any time, so check the ANZ website or refer to your account for details of current offers.
- Cashrewards Max. As well as Qantas Points, you can earn cashback when you use your ANZ credit card to shop with over 1,700 brands including Apple, THE ICONIC, Uniqlo and Uber Eats. To get started, create a free Cashrewards account, then link your ANZ credit card to unlock the Cashrewards Max benefits (including bigger cashback offers). After that, you'll get cashback when you shop in-store or online with participating brands. The cashback is added to your Cashrewards account and you can transfer it to your bank account or PayPal once you've collected at least $10.01 cashback. Learn more about this ANZ Cashrewards partnership that launched in 2021.
- Visa benefits. Get access to Visa's range of exclusive shopping and travel offers – such as hotel discounts or upgrades – which are listed on the Visa website. You can also enjoy exclusive ticket and experience offers through Visa Entertainment.
- Mobile payment technology. Use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with this card by adding it to your Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay wallet. The ANZ Frequent Flyer is also compatible with Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a $95 annual fee.
- Purchase rate. This card charges a variable purchase rate of 20.24% p.a.
- Interest-free days. You can get up to 55 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your closing balance in full by the due date on each statement. Note that if you have promotional balances from relevant balance transfer plans, instalment plans and buy now pay later plans, you will be eligible for interest-free days on purchases when you pay the full Adjusted Closing Balance listed on your statement by the due date. This is calculated as your closing balance less the sum of any relevant promotional plans.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to get cash out or for any other cash advance transaction, a variable interest rate of 20.24% p.a. applies.
- Cash advance fee. Cash advances made with this card will attract a fee worth 2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater).
- International transaction fee. This card charges a fee worth 3% of each transaction made overseas or online with a merchant that's located overseas.
- Security. This card offers 24/7 account monitoring through the ANZ Falcon service, as well as zero liability for fraudulent transactions. You'll also be able to get worldwide emergency card replacement if anything happens to your card.