Boost your rewards with 25,000 bonus Qantas Points with your ANZ Frequent Flyer card.
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa includes benefits for both frequent travellers and reward seekers. With this card, you earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $500 per statement period. After that, you’ll earn 0.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent for the remainder of the statement period. If you’re a new cardholder, you can also earn 25,000 bonus Qantas Points when make at least one eligible purchase within the first 3 months of card approval.
There are three levels of ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards - standard, platinum and black. This review will focus on the benefits, rates and fees of the standard ANZ Frequent Flyer Credit Card.
|Product Name||ANZ Frequent Flyer|
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||19.99% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 44 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||No|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Annual fee||$95 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% of the closing balance or $25, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of the transaction amount or $4 (whichever is greater)|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$65|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Get 25,000 bonus Qantas Points after your first eligible purchase within 3 months of card approval.
- Earn uncapped Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases.
- Compatible with Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
- There are only up to 44 days interest-free when you have paid your balance off in full and make a purchase on your card.
- The rate of $1 : 0.5 Qantas Points is lower than some of the other rewards cards in the market that have comparable annual fees
- The earn rate drops to $1 : 0.25 Qantas Points at a low $500 threshold.
|Rewards Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
|Bonus Points||25,000 bonus points|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||0.5|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||Uncapped|
Benefits of the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Card
- 25,000 bonus Qantas Points offer. Receive 25,000 bonus Qantas Points when you make at least one eligible purchase within 3 months of account activation.
- Qantas Points. This card earns 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to $500 per statement period. It then earns 0.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent for the remainder of the statement period.
- Bonus partners. You can earn Qantas Points faster when shopping with ANZ Frequent Flyer Bonus Partners including Qantas, Hertz and Ace Insurance. The ANZ Frequent Flyer website details the latest Bonus Partners and the special offers available.
- Mobile payment technology. Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay let you use your Apple, Android or Samsung device to tap and pay with your eligible ANZ credit card.
Features of the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Card
- Annual fee. This card comes at the cost of a $95 p.a. annual fee.
- Qantas Frequent Flyer membership requirements. In order to earn Qantas Points with this card, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and provide your details to ANZ. A joining fee may apply.
- Point cap. The 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 earn rate is capped at 250 points per statement period (earn rate drops to 0.25 points per $1 thereafter).
- Reward points exclusions. Fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, balance transfers, and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes will not earn points. Refer to the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Terms and Conditions booklet for more details.
- Interest rates. This card has a standard variable rate of 19.99% p.a. for purchases and a standard variable rate of 21.49% p.a. for cash advances.
- Interest-free days. This card offers up to 44 days interest-free on purchases when you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. Note interest-free days do not apply for some transactions, including cash advances and balance transfers.
- Visa features. This card offers worldwide acceptance via the Visa network and gives you access to exclusive ticket and experience offers via Visa Entertainment.
How to apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Card
You don't need to be an existing ANZ customer to apply for this card. Once approved, you can expect to receive your card in the mail within five business days. Please allow up to 15-30 minutes for your application. You'll also receive a response in 60 seconds.
Make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements before applying:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a good credit rating.
- You must earn a minimum of $15,000 per annum.
- You must be a permanent Australia resident or temporary resident with a 457 working visa (must be valid and have at least 9 months remaining from the date of application).
You'll need to provide the following documentation when you apply:
- Australian driver's license
- Financial information
- Your accountant's contact details (if self employed)
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa is an entry-level rewards credit card that offers between 0.5 and 0.25 Qantas Points per $1 spent on most everyday purchases. With the earn rate changing after the first $500 spend – and a standard annual fee of $95 – it’s worth comparing this card to other frequent flyer options before you apply so you can find the right card for your circumstances and needs.Back to top