Stay in control of your money by using the Woolworths Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard.
Important InformationThe Woolworths Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare other debit cards or the current range of Woolworths credit cards here.
The Woolworths Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard has been replaced by the single-load Visa and Mastercard prepaid cards. The Woolworths Money Prepaid Mastercard is no longer available to purchase from Woolworths or BIG W stores. If you’re looking for a prepaid card option, you might want to consider the Woolworths Money Visa Prepaid Gift Card or Single Load Prepaid Mastercard instead.
If you are curious about how the Woolworths Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard used to work, you can view our review below.
Woolworths Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard review
The Woolworths Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard was a simple way to manage your expenses without relying on credit. As is hinted in the name, the reloadable Mastercard could be loaded with funds at the time of purchase and then reloaded as many times as you need to while the account remains open. Without a line of credit, this card could help avoid the temptation to spend and help encourage a better way to manage your savings. While the card isn't a credit card, you were required to select 'credit' at the EFTPOS machine and ATM to complete a purchase or withdrawal.
This card charges a 2.5% international transaction fee for purchases made in a foreign currency. It may be a suitable card for children, as you can only load a certain amount of funds in the card.
Benefits of the Woolworths Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard
- Safe shopping on the internet. This card is protected by the Mastercard’s Zero Liability policy, so if you’re shopping online you’re not liable for any unauthorised transactions if you can prove that you didn’t make the transactions.
- Safer than cash. A signature or PIN is required for this card. If you lose your card, you can request from Woolworths Money to cancel and replace the card.
- Competitive fees. This card isn’t linked to a transaction account, so you can save on account maintenance fees.
- Free withdrawals from ANZ ATMs. You can withdraw funds from an ANZ at no charge and there are no over the limit fees. Withdrawal limit is $2,000 per day.
- Convenient. You can reload the card at Woolworths Supermarkets stores. You can also load funds using BPAY or Direct Debit.
- Mastercard PayPass. Tap and Go with your purchases with Mastercard’s PayPass Technology.
Features of the Woolworths Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard
- Loading fee. There was a $1 load fee each time you load the card with funds.
- Two payment options. You had the option to either pay the card monthly or as you go. If you were using the card regularly, monthly was a better option than "pay as you go". If you loaded $500 or more onto your card per month, you didn't have to pay a $1 monthly service fee. If you did choose to pay monthly and didn't load this much, the $1 fee would apply.
- Provided through ANZ. If you were shopping online - like using the card to purchase a flight - and were asked to provide the name of the issuing bank - you'd select ‘ANZ’ as the card was issued by ANZ in conjunction with Woolworths.
- Maximum balance. There was a maximum balance of $10,000 allowed.
- Reloading the card. You had three options when reloading the card with funds:
|Cash or EFTPOS at Woolworths Supermarkets||Immediate||$2,000|
|Direct Credit - EFT from a bank account||2 business days||$2,000|
|BPAY||4 business days||$2,000|
As the Woolworths Everyday Money Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard is no longer available, you might want to compare other reloadable prepaid cards if you're looking for an alternative.Back to top