Virgin travel insurance deals and promotions to help you save.
Gearing up for your next trip and looking for some great travel insurance deals? Find out what is on offer from one of Australia's leading travel insurance groups Virgin Money. Virgin Money offers a range of different policy options and is always looking to help their customers save even further through excellent promotions.
Compare Virgin Travel Insurance Products
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Why Virgin Money Travel Insurance?
Virgin Travel Insurance provides high quality and affordable cover for Australians travelling overseas. They have a great range of benefits to make sure you’re covered for anything that happens while you’re overseas, giving you peace of mind so you can enjoy your trip.
- Tailor your policy
- Quick cover
You can choose from a range of options to suit your needs and budget. Choose from medical only cover, essentials cover, comprehensive cover, or even a frequent traveller policy.
Virgin Travel Insurance provides affordable cover options for all travellers and with a discount from finder.com.au there are even more ways to save.
Virgin Travel Insurance gives you options to tailor your policy to make sure you’re covered for everything you need.
To keep up with last minute travel plans, Virgin Travel Insurance lets you get covered in minutes either online or over the phone.
How do I get a Virgin Travel Insurance Discount?
1. In order to qualify for the current Virgin Travel Insurance 5% discount, you must purchase your travel insurance policy with your Virgin Credit card.
2. Visit virginmoney.com.au and enter some preliminary details about yourself
3. Compare the range of plans on offer
4. Select to pay with your credit card to qualify for the 5% premium discount
Conditions for Qualifying for Virgin Money Travel Insurance Promotion
If you are already a Virgin Credit Card Holder, you immediately qualify for a 5% premium discount on your policy. This premium discount will not be paid in conjunction with any other discount.
Interested in applying for a Virgin Credit Card?
Virgin offers a range of competitive credit cards with features to suit a variety of customers. If your in the market for a new card, it is worth reading up on the excellent benefits of the different cards on offer from one of Australia's leading credit card providers.
Cover Options from Virgin Travel Insurance
There are a range of cover options available to suit any travel needs and budget. The options are outlined below.
This is a basic cover option and covers 24hr emergency assistance, unlimited overseas emergency medical cover, personal liability cover and a $200 standard excess.
This option covers everything from the medical only cover and also includes a hospital cash allowance, cancellation fees and lost deposits, delays and alternative travel costs, luggage cover up to $5,000, cover for travel documents and optional cover for rental vehicle excess.
This is Virgin’s most popular cover option and covers everything in the essentials plan. It also includes cash theft cover and loss of income, disability and accidental death cover with rental vehicle excess included up to $3000.
The Multi-Trip option contains everything in the comprehensive cover but also covers multiple international and domestic trips each year.
Virgin Travel Insurance Domestic option covers cancellation of fees and lost deposits, additional expenses, luggage and personal effects, rental vehicle excess, accidental death and personal liability. The Domestic cover also has a frequent flyer option which covers multiple international and domestic trips each year.
- Additional Options
Virgin Travel Insurance also has additional options such as sports cover, rental vehicle excess, specified luggage and personal effects and the option to tailor your excess.
Pros and cons of Virgin Travel Insurance
- Savings: Virgin Travel Insurance offers affordable cover options and you can save even more with promo codes and discounts.
- Emergency Assistance: Through their partnership with Allianz Global Assistance, Virgin Travel insurance provides emergency assistance 24/7 for peace of mind while you're travelling.
- Claims: Claiming with Virgin Travel insurance is quick and easy— you call them up and they guide you through the claims process and can process it over the phone.
- Change of mind: They offer a 14 day cooling-off period so you can back out of the cover if you change your mind or your plans.
- Complimentary kids cover: Virgin Travel Insurance offers complimentary cover for kids under 21 years old if they are travelling with you, they just can't be employed full time.
- Policy options: Virgin Travel Insurance does not provide cover options specifically designed for corporate or business travel.
- Terms and conditions: As with any type of insurance, be sure to familiarise yourself with the specific terms and conditions of your cover before choosing a cover option.
Who is Virgin Money?
Virgin Money is the Australian banking branch of the UK group Virgin. Virgin Money launched in Australia in 2003 by introducing its own range of credit cards to Australian market and has since grown to expand to offer a range of different financial products including home loans, savings accounts, insurance and superannuation. Virgin Money Australia’s rapid growth has seen them build a base of over 150,000 customers. The Virgin brand started in 1970 by Sir Richard Branson.
Virgin Money is a financial services company which has operations in Australia, UK, USA and South Africa. During their first years the company was based in the UK, but launched its first international venture by introducing its Credit Cards into Australia. Soon the company had grown to one of the most successful and globally recognised brands. They currently have a range of successful business sectors which include mobile telephony, travel, financial services, leisure, music, holidays, health and wellness. They employ more than 50,000 worldwide and operate in over 50 countries.
So if you are looking to save on your Virgin travel insurance policy even more - follow the secure link through to the virgin site and save!