Virgin No Annual Fee Credit Card – Purchase Offer
No longer offered in the market
Virgin No Annual Fee Credit Card - Purchase Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
Balance transfer rate
for 9 months
for the first 9 months (reverts to 18.99% p.a.)
Interest free period
|Product Name||Virgin No Annual Fee Credit Card - Purchase Offer - DISCONTINUED|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 9 months|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (20.99% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||0% p.a. for 9 months, reverts to 18.99% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||55 days|
|Cash advance rate||20.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$2,000|
|Max credit limit||$10,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.3%|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
- $0 annual fee for the life of the card
- 0% p.a. interest rate for the first 9 months on purchases
- 0% p.a. interest rate for up to 9 months on balance transfers, with no balance transfer fee
- Any outstanding balance amount that isn't paid off during the introductory period will be charged interest at the cash advance rate
- Although the card is issued by Virgin Money, you will not earn Velocity Points for your spending
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $30, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.3%|
|Cash advance fee||2.7% or $2.70, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||5%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||4|
How to applyYou can apply for the Virgin No Annual Fee credit card and complete the secure online application in 10 minutes. Before you apply, check that you meet the eligibility criteria and have the required information ready to go.
- Income. You must earn at least $25,000 p.a. to apply for this card. You must also be employed in a permanent full-time or part-time position, or be self-employed.
- Residential status. You must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen.
- Credit history. You must have a good credit history with no record of being declined for a credit card. You can check your comprehensive credit report and score for free through Finder.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address and contact details.
- Proof of identification. You'll need to prove that you meet the residency and age requirements by providing proof such as your driver's license or passport. You'll also need the information on those documents like your driver's license number.
- Income. You can prove your income with recent payslips or bank statements.
- Finances. You'll also have to provide details regarding any assets, liabilities and other living expenses that you have.
- Balance transfer. If you're conducting a balance transfer, you'll need to include the account numbers and size of the debts that you want to transfer.
- $0 annual fee. Pay no annual fee ever with the Virgin No Annual Fee Card. This could save you money compared to other credit cards that charge a yearly account fee.
- 0% p.a. for 9 months on purchases. Buy now and pay later with a 0% p.a. purchase interest rate for the first 9 months when you apply and get approved by . After the introductory period, any unpaid balance from your purchases is charged interest at the 18.99% p.a. purchase rate. Note that you still need to meet the minimum monthly repayment amount that is listed on each credit card statement. At the end of the introductory period, any remaining balance from your purchases will attract the card's purchase rate of 18.99% p.a.
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 9 months. If you apply by , you can take advantage of a 0% p.a. for the first 9 months on balance transfers, with no balance transfer fee. Once the introductory period is over, the rate reverts to the cash advance rate (currently 20.99% p.a.). You can transfer up to 80% of the approved credit limit from non-Virgin accounts.
- Additional cardholders. You can request up to 4 additional cardholders on your credit card for free.
- Security. Fraudshield is used to monitor and alert you of fraudulent activities while chip technology gives you greater security against unauthorised transactions. Cardholders are also protected with the Visa Zero Liability policy, so you won't be liable if your card is used to make fraudulent transactions.
- Samsung Pay. You can link your credit card with Samsung Pay to make contactless payments with your eligible smartphone or smartwatch.
Rates & fees
- Interest rates. Outside of any promotions, this credit card charges a purchase rate of 18.99% p.a. and a cash advance rate of 20.99% p.a. (variable).
- Up to 55 interest-free days. You can save with up to 55 days interest-free on purchases provided that you pay your balance in full by the due date on each statement. Please note that you are not eligible for interest-free days while you are carrying debt from a balance transfer.
- Credit limit. The minimum credit limit for this card is $2,000.
- Foreign transaction fee. If you use this card overseas or online with an international retailer, you'll pay a fee of 3.3% of the total transaction cost.