HBF travel insurance
Learn more about HBF travel insurance, and whether it's right for you.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. We’re working hard to keep up and make sure our guides are up to date, however some information may not be accurate during the pandemic. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please know that some policies may not be available through Finder at this time. Here are some helpful tips:
- If you're buying a policy today, it's unlikely that you'll be covered for any coronavirus-related claims
- If your travel plans go against government advice, your policy will most likely be voided and you won't be covered
HBF insurance provides travel insurance for domestic and international trips, for both short-term and long-term trips.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Who is HBF Travel Insurance?
While HBF have been providing insurance since 1941, it wasn't until 1986 that they decided to enter the travel insurance market. With the introduction of an electronic claiming process, customers can now make a claim from the comfort of their home.
HBF insurance company aims to create a community of healthier and happier customers. Apart from travel insurance, HBF also provides insurances for life, health, home, car, trailer, boat, caravan and personal belongings.
What policies does HBF Travel Insurance offer?
HBF offer travel insurance plans for those travelling domestically or abroad to suit different travellers and budgets:
- International Platinum. For those who want ultimate peace of mind. Get unlimited cover for cancellations, overseas medical and emergency expenses.
- International Premium. This mid-range policy covers unlimited overseas medical and a generous limit for other benefits such as cancellation and luggage loss.
- International Essentials. This budget friendly option still provides unlimited medical cover and cancellation but does not include other benefits such as rental vehicle excess, accidental death and travel delay.
- Domestic. Get cover for additional expenses and cancellations to protect your pocket from unpredictable mishaps.
What are the benefits and features of an HBF policy?
If anything happens to you while you are travelling, you can get peace of mind knowing that HBF has you covered for the below and loads of other benefits:
- Overseas medical and dental. Ever been to the doctors while you're overseas? Protect yourself from the potentially huge costs involved with medical care.
- Trip cancellations. HBF can cover your expenses if your trip is cancelled due to those unpredictable things in life such as a death in the family, or an injury days before your holiday.
- Rental car excess cover. Included in the platinum, premium and domestic plans, this protects drivers from paying the excess rental companies charge if an accident happens behind the wheel.
- Travel disruptions. Stolen passport? Hurricane? HBF can cover you for additional expenses when you travel plans just don't go your way.
Optional add ons
What else are you doing?
You might want to consider adding on some extra cover if you're travel includes the below;
- Skiing/ Snowboarding (Winter sports)
- Extra cover for valuables
HBF Travel Insurance Claims Process
If something does go wrong while you're travelling, remember to keep all your receipts and take as much documentation as possible. This should make the claim process easier when you get home.
- You can lodge your claim 24/7 by calling 1300 559 867
- HBF will contact you within 48hrs
More guides on Finder
Citi Rewards Card – Bonus Points Offer
Earn flexible rewards points as you spend and enjoy a big 100,000 bonus points offer with the Citi Rewards Credit Card.
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Citi Rewards Card – Velocity Points Offer
Enjoy 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, a reduced first-year annual fee and points per $1 spent with the Citi Rewards credit card.
American Express Velocity Business Card
The American Express Velocity Business Card earns points per $1 spent and offers complimentary travel insurance and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes each year.
Power outage? Food spoilage insurance
How home insurance can cover you for food spoilage and save you hundreds on wasted food.
BMW X7 car insurance
Thinking about buying a BMW X7? See average car insurance costs and find out about prestige car insurance
Citi Rewards Card – Points & Gift Card Offer
Enjoy an introductory 90,000 bonus Citi reward Points, a $100 Coles eGift card, plus a reduced first-year annual fee with this Citi Rewards Card offer.
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Campervan hire in Tasmania | Where to book, what to know
Got the wanderlust? Explore the rugged Tasmanian wilderness with a campervan to suit your needs.
Ask an Expert