HBF travel insurance
Learn more about HBF travel insurance, and whether it's right for you.
No matter if you are travelling within Australia or going abroad, travel insurance is a necessity. While you think the likelihood of you getting injured on your holiday is minimal, accidents do happen and wouldn't you want to be insured just in case? Best case scenario, you're fully insured and nothing happens. Worst case, you have no insurance and are forced to pay out of pocket in a foreign land.
HBF insurance provides travel insurance for domestic and international trips, for both short-term and long-term trips.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
Who is HBF Travel Insurance?
While HBF have been providing insurance since 1941, it wasn't until 1986 that they decided to enter the travel insurance market. With the introduction of an electronic claiming process, customers can now make a claim from the comfort of their home.
HBF insurance company aims to create a community of healthier and happier customers. Apart from travel insurance, HBF also provides insurances for life, health, home, car, trailer, boat, caravan and personal belongings.
What policies does HBF Travel Insurance offer?
HBF offer travel insurance plans for those travelling domestically or abroad to suit different travellers and budgets:
- International Platinum. For those who want ultimate peace of mind. Get unlimited cover for cancellations, overseas medical and emergency expenses.
- International Premium. This mid-range policy covers unlimited overseas medical and a generous limit for other benefits such as cancellation and luggage loss.
- International Essentials. This budget friendly option still provides unlimited medical cover and cancellation but does not include other benefits such as rental vehicle excess, accidental death and travel delay.
- Domestic. Get cover for additional expenses and cancellations to protect your pocket from unpredictable mishaps.
What are the benefits and features of an HBF policy?
If anything happens to you while you are travelling, you can get peace of mind knowing that HBF has you covered for the below and loads of other benefits:
- Overseas medical and dental. Ever been to the doctors while you're overseas? Protect yourself from the potentially huge costs involved with medical care.
- Trip cancellations. HBF can cover your expenses if your trip is cancelled due to those unpredictable things in life such as a death in the family, or an injury days before your holiday.
- Rental car excess cover. Included in the platinum, premium and domestic plans, this protects drivers from paying the excess rental companies charge if an accident happens behind the wheel.
- Travel disruptions. Stolen passport? Hurricane? HBF can cover you for additional expenses when you travel plans just don't go your way.
Optional add ons
What else are you doing?
You might want to consider adding on some extra cover if you're travel includes the below;
- Skiing/ Snowboarding (Winter sports)
- Extra cover for valuables
HBF Travel Insurance Claims Process
If something does go wrong while you're travelling, remember to keep all your receipts and take as much documentation as possible. This should make the claim process easier when you get home.
- You can lodge your claim 24/7 by calling 1300 559 867
- HBF will contact you within 48hrs
Ask an Expert