Southern Cross Travel Insurance Limited World offers a wealth of cover benefits for those travelling outside of the USA and Canada
If you are travelling abroad, it is important to ensure you select the right travel insurance cover for your needs. There are various factors that you should take into consideration when choosing travel insurance, such as where you are travelling to, who you are travelling with, and how regularly you intend to travel.
SCTI’s Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada Plan Options
You can select from a range of options when it comes to finding the right Southern Cross Travel Insurance (SCTI) Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada plan. If you are an adult travelling on your own or with dependent children you can choose the individual plan. If you are travelling with a partner or travelling with a partner and dependent children you can choose the family plan. You can also select from a single joureny policy for a specific trip or a frequent traveller policy, which covers you for an unlimited number of trips for up to no longer than 90 days each time, over a period of twelve months.
Where Can I Go with SCTI’s Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada Plan
At SCTI you can select from a range of travel insurance plans, one of which is the Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada plan. The Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada plan is designed for those who want to benefit from a range of protective features when travelling to any destination in the world other than the USA and Canada.
What is Covered by SCTI’s Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada Plan?
SCTI’s Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada plan offers a range of protective benefits that will put your mind at ease when you are travelling. The Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada plan benefits include:
- Medical and evacuation. Many people fall victim to medical or dental emergencies while they are away, and could even end up being hospitalised for a period of time. This plan provides coverage for:
- actual and reasonable medical expenses arising from unexpected medical events
- expenses arising from the need for emergency dental expenses
- a cash allowance if you are hospitalised for more than 72 hours continuously while on your travels
- cover for additional accommodation or travel costs should you unexpectedly become ill or injured
- the cost of a return flight for a nominated person to travel from Australia if you are travelling alone and are hospitalised for more than ten days
- cover for funeral expenses or the return of your remains in the event of your death while you are away
- it is important to read the PDS so you are aware of what is not covered.
- Changes to your journey. Cover is provided in the event of changes, delays, or cancellations when it comes to your journey. This includes situations such as:
- if you have to alter or cancel your journey due to unexpected events
- your travel is interrupted for 12 hours or more while you are away due to unexpected and unforeseen events
- you have to curtail your journey and return to Australia due to unexpected events
- you experience delays or the cancellation of a special event due to circumstances outside your control
- again, the small print in this section will provide details of any exclusions or restrictions, so it is important to read and familiarise yourself with this.
- Baggage and personal items. One of the problems that can cause a lot of stress and financial hardship when travelling is the loss, theft or damage of your baggage and personal items. With this travel insurance plan you can benefit from:
- cover for luggage and belongings that are lost, damaged or stolen during your travels
- cover when your luggage is delayed for 12 hours or more after your arrival at your destination
- as always, read the PDS to learn more about any exclusion that may apply.
- Cash and Travel documents. If your travel documents or cash are lost, damaged or stolen you could find yourself in a very tricky situation. However, you can enjoy protective benefits with this insurance plan, which includes:
- cover for the damage, theft or loss of cash, bank cards and travel documents
- coverage in the event that your bank cards or travel documents are lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Personal accident. While we all hope that we will never fall victim to an accident while on holiday, this situation can and does occur. However, you can benefit from protection with this travel insurance plan, which provides cover for:
- payment to your estate in the event of your death during your journey, directly caused by an accident while you are away
- cover for the cost of legal expenses in relation to your death
- cover for total and permanent disablement
- cover for the loss of your income as a result of an injury.
- Personal liability. Another important feature of SCTI’s Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada plan is the cover it provides for personal liability. This is where you may find yourself in a situation where you are being held legally liable for damages or expenses resulting from unexpected events.
- Rental vehicle excess. Many people hire a car while away, and in the event of damage or theft you generally have to pay an excess before the vehicle insurance kicks in. SCTI’s Limited World – Excludes USA & Canada plan covers the excess so that you are not out of pocket.