Whether you’d like to consolidate existing debts, save with interest-free days or enjoy a competitive annual fee, the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card might be the right choice for you.
People’s Choice Credit Union currently has just one credit card: The Visa Credit Card. The Visa Credit Card is a low-rate option that you can use to make cheap purchases and get cash advances.
People's Choice is a credit union. When you become a member of a credit union you must pay a small one-off membership fee and this gives you the right but not the obligation to vote on how the financial institution is run. A credit union is accountable to its members, not shareholders.
The benefits of banking with People’s Choice Credit Union
Bundle and save
People’s Choice Credit Union waives the Visa Credit Card annual fee when you also hold a Home Loan Package or you use a People’s Choice financial planner.
Money saving features
Free yourself from credit card debt when you carry out a balance transfer to the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card. People’s Choice Credit Union applies the promotional interest rate to any debt you transfer to the low-rate credit card. Pay 2.99% p.a. for the first 6 months and 12.99% p.a. or 12.95% p.a. thereafter.
Apply and get approved for the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card so you can get the best seats in the house for the hottest shows in town. Visa Entertainment gives you pre-sale tickets to concerts, shows and major sporting events in your city.
Features of the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card
Your phone can be your wallet. Download the People’s Choice Credit Union redi2PAY mobile app for contactless payments with your smartphone. Once your credit card is registered for redi2PAY, attach a Visa PayTag to your smartphone to make purchases under $100 at contactless terminals without your credit card.
Cheap purchases and cash advances
The People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card is a low-rate credit card that accrues interest at 12.99% p.a. or 12.95% p.a. People’s Choice Credit Union will make a decision about your ongoing interest rate based on the information you provide when you apply for the card.
Up to 62 days interest-free
Most financial institutions only give you an interest-free period of up to 55 days. People’s Choice gives you up to 62 interest-free days on purchases made using the Visa Credit Card. Pay your Visa Credit Card balance in full by the statement due date so that you can continue to make interest-free purchases from month to month.
How to apply for the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card
You can start an online application for the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card by clicking the links on this page. You will be redirected to the People’s Choice Credit Union website where you can access a secure online application form. The application takes less than 15 minute to complete.
You must be able to answer “yes” to the following criteria to be eligible for the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card.
- Age. You are over 18 years of age.
- Residency. You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Credit history. You are not currently bankrupt and you have not had any negative judgements listed on your credit file in the past five years.
- Employment. You are gainfully employed.
Required documents and information
Make sure you have the following information on hand so you can quickly and easily complete your application for the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card. You will need to provide your residential and employment information for the past three years to be eligible to apply for this credit card.
- Personal information. As well as your name, address and contact information such as your email and phone numbers, you need to tell People’s Choice Credit Union whether you have any dependent children.
- Income information. You must be in paid employment to be eligible to apply for this credit card. Enter information about your gross salary and any other forms of income such as government pensions, net rental or investment income. If you’re self-employed you’ll need to provide copies of your last two tax returns or notices of assessment and your business's financials (profit and loss statements).
- Expense information. People’s Choice Credit Union need a snapshot of your income and expenses so that you can be assigned a credit limit. Enter information about your expenses and liabilities such as your rental or mortgage payments and whether you have any outstanding loan or credit card balances.
What happens next?
People’s Choice is a credit union. When you apply for the People’s Choice low rate credit card, you’re required to contribute two dollars to the credit union so you can have a share in the financial institution.
Once you submit your application for the People’s Choice Credit Union Visa Credit Card, you’ll get a response within minutes about the status of your credit card application. You may be required to submit additional documents with your application, such as your payslips.
When your application has been fully approved, you will receive your credit card in the mail within two weeks, or you can collect your card from a People’s Choice branch. Activate your card and you can start using it right away.